Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » When are you going to fix the bug where your website puts sold items back into inventory?

When are you going to fix the bug where your website puts sold items back into inventory?

BluegrassComics
Tuesday, February 16, 2021 9:59:04 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I have been complaining about this bug for two years, and it still isn't fixed!

This is causing me major headaches and I am repeatedly needing to cancel orders for books I no longer have, which makes my business look bad!

And I can give you another example that just happened this month, and I can tell you what the bug is.

Invoice 236405 was for a $30 comic book. The order was supposed to have free shipping, but the buyer accidentally paid shipping.

Now I have an order 237933 that includes the same comic that I already sold. And no, I never listed two of them. I have only ever listed 1 for sale. Now I am going to have to cancel another order, AGAIN!

And it appears that what triggers the incorrect inventory count is a partial refund. I refunded $4.40 of $34.40 and the site automatically put the issue back up for sale.

So the problem I have been having for nearly two years is a result of partial refunds. If one book on an order of 50 is missing and I refund $2, the items in that order get relisted. A book was misgraded and I offer someone a partial refund. It gets restocked automatically. I'm having a 10% off sale, and I refund someone their 10%. Books get relisted.

Partial refunds seems to be the common thread I have found tying these problems together. And that is why I see it frequently occurring with the same books, over and over and over.

If you have an in demand book, and this happens once. A 2nd person buys the book again in their order, but I don't have it anymore. So I issue a partial refund, which puts the book back in the store at some point, and someone buys it again, and I refund again. Repeat, at least until I figured out the issue and now I can go back and manually delete these issue.

But its a huge hassel that needs to be fixed! It's gone on long enough!
Thundercron
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 3:27:57 AM
Shop at My Store
Interesting theory. I'll have to test it, as I have a shipping refund to give in the next few days. Although looking at past orders with refunds, those books did not restock. Question: have you contacted Joe directly about this, or just through forum posts?
Xylob
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 7:43:46 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
please see the information below in my signature
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
SwiftMann
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 10:06:37 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Not saying it isn't related to partial refunds, but it seems like there has to be more to it than that as most of the orders I make here end up with partial refunds (either due to a sale or due to an error). Considering I usually make orders of 30-60 books at a pop from multiple stores, it's hard to imagine no one else has raised this (or would suffer through it) if it were as simple as "partial refunds."

That said, this place and and software should be considered abandonware at this point. Contacting the folks in Xylob's signature may get you some one-on-one attention to see if there's an easy fix since you are a revenue generator. But even then... there is no one to make any major changes here.
Ditkolad
Thursday, February 18, 2021 8:50:16 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I guess i should not renew...
Thundercron
Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:50:03 AM
Shop at My Store
Ditkolad wrote:
I guess i should not renew...

Not sure what you're renewing, as you're not a subscriber anyway...
Ditkolad
Thursday, February 18, 2021 5:02:42 PM
No, i mean my CCL software. I went to renew it, and it wont let me as it tells me the browser in the software is too old.

The site security is broken too.

I'd honestly pay $20 per month for software that worked well, and was kept up.

This just makes me feel like a fool.

I guess I would still renew, but I dont even know how.
Thundercron
Thursday, February 18, 2021 6:47:44 PM
Shop at My Store
Ditkolad wrote:
No, i mean my CCL software. I went to renew it, and it wont let me as it tells me the browser in the software is too old.

The site security is broken too.

I'd honestly pay $20 per month for software that worked well, and was kept up.

This just makes me feel like a fool.

I guess I would still renew, but I dont even know how.

I see. I believe you have to renew using a regular web browser. Don't use the internet portal that comes with the software.
Ditkolad
Friday, February 19, 2021 12:47:33 PM
ok, that worked.

any idea why they are not fixing such obvious flaws?

I mean if they just blanked the software browser and forced a local browser to open instead each time, that would solve both security and internal browser issues