Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Characters » Could Peter Parker be brought up on charges of Elder Abuse?

Could Peter Parker be brought up on charges of Elder Abuse?

MoonKnight1
Thursday, August 05, 2021 1:46:27 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
To be clear, Spidey is one of my all time favorite comic book characters. One of the first Marvel Comics (superhero genre) I collected was Amazing Spider-Man. Totally love him.

But now I'm wondering if, especially in today's culture, could Peter Parker have been subjected to allegations of "Elder Abuse".

No, not talking about how he constantly beleaguered Aunt May with his shenanigans and mysterious comings and goings. That's a different topic altogether. I am referring to how many old guys he would routinely beat the crap out of.

Think about it, Pete was a teenager for years (comic book years) and then a young college aged adult for most of the rest. But his Rogue's Gallery has an abnormally large number of Old Folks in it.

I mean, the Vulture has got to be pushing 80 if not past it. Norman Osborne was probably in his 40's at least. Miles Warren was a professor and he looked like he could have been in his 60's - mid fifty at least.

Silvermane
Doc Ock
Kingpin
Lizard/Curt Connors (another of Petey's profs)
Kraven (why he hasn't been in a movie yet is something I cannot comprehend)
Morbius
the list can go on and on.

Are there any villains Spider-Man fought that were close to his age? Silly

Winking

Howie's Quote of the Week

You better watch what you say, You better watch what you do to me, Don't get carried away - Tom Petty

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
Spider-Man
Friday, August 06, 2021 3:52:39 PM
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Winking

Rocket Racer.
MoonKnight1
Friday, August 06, 2021 4:00:33 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Spider-Man wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Winking

Rocket Racer.

OK, there's one! I guess when Harry Osborne became the Green Goblin he was about the same age as Peter.

Howie's Quote of the Week

You better watch what you say, You better watch what you do to me, Don't get carried away - Tom Petty

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
bluedevil2002
Friday, August 06, 2021 5:24:56 PM
Groups: Member
Venom and Carnage were probably a little older than Peter, but not nearly as much as the other geezers.
4saken1
Saturday, August 07, 2021 1:32:24 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Well......if you think about it, Peter Parker should be in his early 70s by about now. At that point, the age difference between him and some of his foes becomes a matter of perspective......
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).