Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » TV » DC Television
barney
Sunday, October 10, 2021 8:59:14 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Trying to wake this message board up a little bit!
Anybody have any thoughts on the current DC TV series.
Like Doom Patrol, Titans and Stargirl.
monidaw1
Sunday, October 10, 2021 9:54:04 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
So far I'm, a bit disappointed in Stargirl this season where I was head over heels for season 1. I'm hoping they sway my opinion by the end of the season which if it's short like last year shouldn't be far away.
ratrapp
Sunday, October 10, 2021 11:25:07 AM
Groups: Member
i watched season 1 of titans and loved it.stargirl isnt bad.i dont have doom patrol to watch so no opinion on that one,i wish they would cancel legends of tomorrow.they take some really good actors and characters and ruin them so easily.
Spider-Man
Sunday, October 10, 2021 12:45:31 PM
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber
I am enjoying Stargirl although this season is not as good as the first. It appears it will have 13 episodes.

I have not seen any Titans or Doom Patrol.

I gave up on Batgirl after one season.

I think this last season, Season 6, of Legends of Tomorrow was terrible. They went away from the concept of a different timeline problem every week to a season long story of aliens that got stale fast. They got rid of some good characters and heroes and replaced them with nobodies. The new season starts in a few days and runs for at least 15 episodes, so we'll see how it goes.
SwiftMann
Sunday, October 10, 2021 1:25:19 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Subscriber
I've never watched more than half an episode of the CW shows.

I started watching Doom Patrol since it was getting a season three and on HBO Max, which I have. I'm through seven so far. I kind of hated ep 7. And other than the second episode, it's really only the last 15 minutes of each that keeps me coming back. The dialogue is often awful, there's the typical DCU needledrops, and the flashbacks are relentless and feel like hamfisted attempts to make sure you really, truly get these people's flaws in case all their flaws in the present are too subtle.
monidaw1
Monday, October 11, 2021 11:48:06 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Titans season 1 is on AEW for free right now. I found it on Hulu. I enjoyed it but it's only 11 episodes and feels way too small to justify buying the season until the price comes down. It apparently has tie ins with season 2 of Doom Patrol so I felt a little lost at times with the Beast Boy/Raven relationship.

I saw Doom Patrol season 1 someone gave me on a play station memory stick thing. It's weird like the Grant Morrison portion of the comics. Not my cup of tea but I managed to sit thru until the end. The snipets from Titans do not make me want to try and look for season 2 of DP.

I've pretty much given up on everything CW now not Stargirl. It just feels like the stories are going around in circles too much.
MoonKnight1
Monday, October 11, 2021 8:35:09 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Doom Patrol is pretty much the best comics to TV adaptation that I have seen. It is absolutely amazing.

I mean, it doesn't really do a specific storyline and the characters in the show have never been in the same incarnation of the team as far as I know but the feel of it is spot on especially referencing the Grant Morrison run. I read all of those when they came out and this show is about as close to the spirit of the books as you can get.

The villain of the first season, Mr. Nobody played by Alan Tudyk, was freaking incredible. I cannot believe that they got Danny the Street in there! Flex Mentallo was one of my favorite characters and they did him more than justice. Dorothy, Crazy Jane, the Beard Hunter, those insane butts with sharp chomping teeth ... Candlemaker - I could go on and on.

Very twisted and kind of psychedelic at times, just like the comics. And it did incorporate pieces of several different iterations of the group. I don't remember Cyborg ever being part of the DP in the comics, maybe I missed it, but he fit in well with the group.

Haven't seen any of Season 3 yet but I will be catching up soon.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Friday, October 22, 2021 1:40:54 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Started Season 3 of Doom Patrol. Absolutely awesome!

Dead Boy Detectives!!!!! Dancing

A word of caution. This series is very dense and convoluted. You have to pay attention. A lot of shows nowadays (super hero and non) are pretty easy to figure out what's going on early in the show. Sometimes I will watch an episode twice just so I can catch everything. It is worth it for sure.

Looking forward to more Vertigo! characters showing up. Doctor 13? Shade, the Changing Man? Kid Eternity?

They are already teasing The Endless. Death, Morpheus, etc.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
barney
Sunday, November 21, 2021 9:47:00 AM
Lets talk about DC Comics shows.

The Flash: new season just started , I hope it approves from last year.

Batwoman: almost unwatchable, don't know why the spent so much time to bring back Kate Kane, only to have her leave right away.
I do like that there bringing a lot more of the classic Batman villains into the story however.

Supergirl: I'm glad it's over. It really lots its focus over the years.
The only thing I liked was the last year they had both Brainiac 5 and J'onn J'onnnz in there proper alien (green) forms, in all the fight scenes atleast, in past seasons they rarely appeared that way.

Legends of Tomorrow: Hope this wraps up soon, completely unrecognizable from the show it started as. Comes across as a comedy (with very few laughs). The characters hardly ever use their powers.
And a complete missed opportunity to introduce a number of DC characters.

Young Justice: I'm a couple of episodes behind, I've been having a hard time getting into this season. But I will see it through.
barney
Sunday, January 16, 2022 8:53:24 AM
Let's talk about the latest DC Show: Peacemaker
Watched the first 3 episodes and so far I'm pleasantly surprised, .
This show is much better than I expected.
Although I've probably seen more than enough of John Cena in his underwear already.
The show is jam packed full of action, and non stop James Gunn humor.
Not sure I would Like Peacemaker after what he did to Flagg in Suicide Squad, but were also seeing that he is a lot more than a one dimensional character here.
Not to mention a whole lot of 80's metal as the soundtrack, can't go wrong there.
barney
Sunday, February 06, 2022 9:01:36 AM
Peacemaker: only a couple episodes left, in my opinion great show.
Typical James Gunn, over the top stupid humor but it works.

Naomi: I know virtually nothing about this character, but I'm enjoying the show so far.

Pennyworth: Interesting take on Alfred. (catching up on season 2 on HBO Max)

Batwoman: meh

Legends of Tomorrow: so much missed potential as usual.

Superman & Lois: Not too bad, kinda like the introduction of Bizarro so far.

barney
Sunday, March 20, 2022 8:58:50 AM
DMZ - the story being told is different than the series, but the setting appears to be the same.
So far not a bad show
barney
Sunday, August 14, 2022 8:45:48 AM
The Sandman (Season 1) - Amazing show (in my opinion one of the best things on television right now)
And as for the critics complaining about too much talking and not enough action obviously you never read the original series.

Harley Quinn (Season 3)- Love it (Hilarious and completely inappropriate)
WEBVG
Saturday, September 17, 2022 1:29:02 PM
Groups: Member
Do you get the feeling Stargirl is falling into the same trap as the other CW shows where they have something good but instead of continually coming up with new stories involving new cast, they keep trying to shoehorn the original hero's and villains in over and over and over and over again until you completely don't care anymore?

Stargirl isn't quite there yet but they appear to be on the path.
Stupid new names, NOT just for football teams!!!!