Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Music, Video Games, and Other Media » Just restarted my Netflix account...
pottersan
Thursday, February 03, 2022 7:41:57 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
What comic related stuff is on there worth watching?

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

wildd0g
Friday, February 04, 2022 4:58:06 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Locke & Key is awesome. It just finished up the 2nd season. The 3rd is supposed to be out at the end of this year.

Umbrella Academy is decent. The 3rd season is supposed to be out this year.

October Faction was pretty good. Unfortunately, it got cancelled after 1 season.

Raising Dion is really good. The 2nd season just dropped a few days ago.

Sweet Tooth is alright. It's a huge departure from the comic though.

Jupiter's Legacy had potential. It was a slow burn and got cancelled after one season. A spin off called Super Crooks was ordered to series, but at this time no release date has been announced.

Warrior Nun is really good. It's loosely based on the comic. It does share a lot of the books elements and characters though. It was renewed for a 2nd season, but when has yet to be announced.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was two season broken up into 4 parts. I never got a chance to watch this yet, but it does look pretty good in my opinion.
Xylob
Friday, February 04, 2022 7:50:18 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Locke & Key looks fantastic, haven't watched it yet though.
Personally, I think Umbrella Academy is far better than "decent". Hated the comics tho...
They have some Marvel stuff too - Jessica Jones, Punisher, Daredevil, etc
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
pottersan
Friday, February 04, 2022 8:19:06 PM
Shop at My Store
wildd0g wrote:
Locke & Key is awesome. It just finished up the 2nd season. The 3rd is supposed to be out at the end of this year.

Umbrella Academy is decent. The 3rd season is supposed to be out this year.

October Faction was pretty good. Unfortunately, it got cancelled after 1 season.

Raising Dion is really good. The 2nd season just dropped a few days ago.

Sweet Tooth is alright. It's a huge departure from the comic though.

Jupiter's Legacy had potential. It was a slow burn and got cancelled after one season. A spin off called Super Crooks was ordered to series, but at this time no release date has been announced.

Warrior Nun is really good. It's loosely based on the comic. It does share a lot of the books elements and characters though. It was renewed for a 2nd season, but when has yet to be announced.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was two season broken up into 4 parts. I never got a chance to watch this yet, but it does look pretty good in my opinion.

Thanks! I haven't heard of most of those. sounds like I'll have a busy few weeks to catch up.

BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

pottersan
Friday, February 04, 2022 8:19:59 PM
Shop at My Store
Xylob wrote:
Personally, I think Umbrella Academy is far better than "decent". Hated the comics tho...
I never got a chance to finish Jessica Jones or start those others. I'll dive back in .

Thundercron
Friday, February 04, 2022 9:59:49 PM
Shop at My Store
pottersan wrote:
Xylob wrote:
I never got a chance to finish Jessica Jones or start those others. I'll dive back in .

Understandable about Jessica Jones. I thought it was pretty boring until the fourth or fifth episode.
MoonKnight1
Saturday, February 05, 2022 4:27:50 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Locke & Key is really good. Never read the comic but I found the show to be very entertaining.

Really liked Umbrella Academy. Season 1 was better than 2 in my opinion but both were very well done.

Warrior Nun sounds good but I haven't checked it out yet. Maybe soon. Think

Haven't seen Jupiter's Legacy yet either and don't know much about the comics. Only one season so maybe at some point I'll catch it.

OK, Riverdale and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina are both pretty cool as long as you are not expecting your grandparents Archie. The shows are similar but also quite different.

Both are "Teen Dramas" and are based on Archie franchise characters but the tone for each. While both have a darkness to them Riverdale tends to be more upbeat while Sabrina is somewhat macabre. I liked Sabrina better personally. They also mix in some of the Red Circle characters. Entertaining watch.

I know that there is a lot of criticism over the Netfilx Marvel shows but I thought they were all pretty good. Obviously some were better than others but taken as a whole these shows depicted a different side of the Marvel Universe that the movies weren't doing. There were no CGI Endgame fights with hordes of generic cannon fodder nor was there a Sky Beam threatening to destroy all of existence. The characters were depicted accurately to their comic book counterparts mostly and they used a lot of Marvel history. I even liked Iron Fist and Defenders.

Looking forward to seeing some of the actors portraying the same character in the MCU. Already had Kingpin (D'Onofrio) show up in Hawkeye.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - George S. Patton

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
bluedevil2002
Sunday, February 06, 2022 8:55:41 AM
Groups: Member
My issue with the the Netflix Marvel shows was the pacing. Not all seasons need to be 13 episodes, and not all episodes need to be a full hour.

I think the last actual Netflix show I watched was "Living With Yourself". It's not comic related, but the really simplified premise of a man being replaced by a clone of himself has definitely played out in comics, and it stars Paul Rudd.