Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Sports » You got it - NFL Offseason 2022
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, March 09, 2022 4:27:58 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Lot of stuff going on in the NFL not-Off Season 2022 Edition!

What is going on with your team? Any general NFL topics to discuss?

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, March 09, 2022 4:35:59 PM
Shop at My Store
The QB Carousel is in effect. Rodgers staying put, Wilson to Denver and the Fighting The Washington Commanders have traded for Carson Wentz.

Not surprised about Aaron although I thought he might bolt to either the Broncos or the 49ers. Guess he thought it would be best to stick with the proven commodity. Also not shocked by Russell to the Broncos, he had been making noise to leave Seattle for a couple of years now and Denver is thirsty for a solid starter.

Bit of a head scratcher for Washington to get Carson. I don't see that he is that much better than Taylor Heinicke and he does have injury issues. I'm guessing that there will be a QB competition and Wentz might have the edge just because they are paying him more but I don't see it as a huge upgrade.

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

SwiftMann
Wednesday, March 09, 2022 8:15:38 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Subscriber
The Washington team of my youth is truly dead to me. Carson Wentz? The ever lovin' hell?

Reports are the Giants are going to go for Trubisky, which my wife, a G-Men lifer, said, "better upside potential then Wentz." And she's right.

PTI threw around the idea that Jimmy G goes to Indy to fill the Wentz gap opening up Brady unretiring to go to SF.
MoonKnight1
Sunday, March 13, 2022 8:45:48 PM
Shop at My Store
So does anyone remember when Tom Brady retired? How wonderful.

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, May 10, 2022 5:31:05 PM
Shop at My Store
Good news! Tom Brady won't be unemployed for long when he decides to retire from football.

Brady's New Job

I guess that when Fox lost Aikman and Buck they needed some star power. And I guess that Brady needed the money. Straight Face

bluedevil2002
Tuesday, May 10, 2022 8:49:09 PM
Groups: Member
But I thought Fox let Aikman go because they didn't want to pay announcers that much?
monidaw1
Friday, June 10, 2022 5:29:43 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
At least it sounds like VA will not be welcoming the commies into a new stadium paid for by the tax payers. I'd love to see a new owner just take the team and move away to rebrand somewhere else and allow a new expansion team with a better name to start up here. If they just leave they can keep Dan as long as we get an alternative.

In the meantime, it's some sickness that I can't look away. I keep reading articles and checking stats and once again it sounds like if the D shows up close to what they were expected to be able to do last year, the new look offense sounds like the second coming of the "greatest show on turf" (which has an interesting movie out on Hulu now about Kurt Warners life worth a watch for free) they sound Superbowl bound again. Other than the Safety/Middle Linebacker positions, on paper there's not a glaring spot screaming an upgrade is needed. It sounds like they have a QB that can hit the deep ball and a ton of the fastest speedsters in the NFL ready to catch and make plays. Even the tightend room is a fascinating group to try and figure out who's going to emerge as the top guy. Some huge super tall athletic freaks of nature in that group. They can't all make the team I wouldn't expect.

We might have to upgrade to Hulu Live for the free Disney + and do a little peaking while wait for a new owner or replacement team to give us an alternative.
monidaw1
Friday, July 29, 2022 5:13:59 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Born a Redskin, died an Eagle, retires a Commie!!!

At least we can say Mr Redskin's name out loud again.
MoonKnight1
Sunday, July 31, 2022 3:01:35 PM
Shop at My Store
So now that training camps are started up and the season is nigh, what do you feel about your team?

Washington has a favorable schedule this year, especially early on, which can go either way. There are some "easy" teams but at the same time they probably are looking at their schedule saying the same thing about us. If they start out fast and beat up on some lesser teams then that's great, it'll build confidence. But if they struggle and lose against inferior opposition then that would mean they suck.

Not sold on Carson Wentz yet. He put up some great numbers in Indy last year but couldn't beat the lowly Jags in the last game which would have put them in the playoffs. I know you can't really put the blame on one person in a team sport but it was an embarrassing loss and he didn't play particularly well. Add that to the fact that his last two teams were super eager to shove him out the door. He only lasted one year in Indy. At least Heineke is still sticking around!

Once again the Defense is supposed to be in the top 4 or 5 but all of that potential didn't do much last year so again, remains to be seen. Pretty much entirely new offensive and defensive lines isn't comforting either. Do have nine home games this year but since FedEx Field is usually at least half filled with fans of the other team that doesn't matter much and their home record has been pedestrian at best. I am happy that there are only 2 Prime Time games this year. Dancing One Monday and one Thursday.

Next week I will be posting a thread for the competition for this season. There will be a new feature that will add a wrinkle to it. Cool

jbeeman85
Sunday, July 31, 2022 9:34:44 PM
Groups: Member
That Commanders schedule picks up about Week 5Devil Devil