Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL Comics Library » Comics Library General Discussion » Dynamic Forces--Bagged and Unbagged
Thundercron
Tuesday, April 19, 2022 3:56:16 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
We all know that many Dynamic Forces books come sealed and bagged with a COA. Not trying to create more work, but should there be variants in the database to allow for bagged and unbagged copies? Or is this already a thing I haven't noticed before?
SwiftMann
Tuesday, April 19, 2022 6:01:31 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Subscriber
They should come bagged, sealed, and with the COA. Otherwise they should be graded down, super cheap, and a note in the sales info.

Otherwise it's be like listing a CGC book and saying, but no slab.
Thundercron
Tuesday, April 19, 2022 7:40:12 PM
Shop at My Store
SwiftMann wrote:
They should come bagged, sealed, and with the COA. Otherwise they should be graded down, super cheap, and a note in the sales info.

Got it. Just curious--any reason why these don't get "unbagged" listings and books like X-Force #1 or Fantastic Four #587 does?
padreglcc
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 10:37:38 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Got it. Just curious--any reason why these don't get "unbagged" listings and books like X-Force #1 or Fantastic Four #587 does?

My guess is because nobody had ever bothered to do it.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
padreglcc
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 10:39:04 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
A question because I'm ignorant on the subject... Do these DF books come in a sealed polybag? Or just a regular comic bag that's closed with tape or a sticker?
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
Thundercron
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 10:43:52 AM
Shop at My Store
padreglcc wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

My guess is because nobody had ever bothered to do it.

Seems reasonable. I never thought about it until just now, either.
Thundercron
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 10:54:34 AM
Shop at My Store
padreglcc wrote:
A question because I'm ignorant on the subject... Do these DF books come in a sealed polybag? Or just a regular comic bag that's closed with tape or a sticker?

They come in a regular comic bag with board, but are sealed with a giant "tamper-evident" Dynamic Forces Seal sticker instead of regular tape. Inside the bag on the back of the comic board is a COA, denoting the comic title, if it's a variant edition of some sort, and number of the limited print run (number 256 of 2500 copies or whatever).

I bring this up now because I'm going through several of these, and found they are all loose copies and didn't know they were part of limited runs until I checked other copies on ebay. Further, some of the CCL listings do not mention the limited number of the print runs (ie, 1/2500) in the caption, leading me to believe they were originally added to the database using loose copies.
scotteaves
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 10:30:04 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
Older DF issues still came in a comic bag with tamper seal but no COA which made it hard to determine the print run. DF has been inconsistent over the years and is terrible about any type of history of what they've offered.

SwiftMann
Thursday, April 21, 2022 5:44:15 PM
Do you have a couple examples Corey?

More out of curiosity than anything else. Cause the tamper proof seal is correctly in quotes since they are easy to open and reclose. So taking them out and not resealing or even throwing the comic and COA in a new bag without the seal is a head scratcher. And I have come across those in the wild (no DF seal).

But honestly in 30 years I don't think I've seen just loose issues. And I'd think that's why the question has never really been raised. While there's a couple million loose copies of X-Force #1 floating around there's almost never loose DF books.
Thundercron
Thursday, April 21, 2022 6:03:37 PM
Shop at My Store
I have a bunch of loose Angel comics that are Dynamic Forces exclusives. Price checking on eBay shows they were originally sealed with COA's and were limited. CCL entries do not reflect the limited print runs. I'll do some Change Requests with the updated info, and links.
BlueMoon
Thursday, April 21, 2022 6:37:42 PM
Shop at My Store
SwiftMann wrote:

More out of curiosity than anything else. Cause the tamper proof seal is correctly in quotes since they are easy to open and reclose. So taking them out and not resealing or even throwing the comic and COA in a new bag without the seal is a head scratcher. And I have come across those in the wild (no DF seal).

But honestly in 30 years I don't think I've seen just loose issues. And I'd think that's why the question has never really been raised. While there's a couple million loose copies of X-Force #1 floating around there's almost never loose DF books.

I see it all the time. Hell, I've probably done it when the seal sticker is so dirty that it no longer holds the bag and board closed.
SwiftMann
Thursday, April 21, 2022 10:02:22 PM
Without the COA too?
Thundercron
Thursday, April 21, 2022 11:04:35 PM
Shop at My Store
SwiftMann wrote:
Without the COA too?

The loose copies I have don't have their COA's.
Thundercron
Friday, April 22, 2022 1:02:41 PM
Shop at My Store
SwiftMann wrote:

I just submitted the CR's. Angel (1999) & Angel (2001) titles.
BlueMoon
Friday, April 22, 2022 6:24:39 PM
Shop at My Store
SwiftMann wrote:
Without the COA too?

No, I do re-bag them with the COA, although sometimes I forget it inside the book instead of behind the board. LOL