Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Books » Second hand chain stores that also have comics?

Second hand chain stores that also have comics?

lcfrick
Tuesday, May 17, 2022 2:55:14 PM
Groups: Member
I'm heading out to the East Coast later this month for a friend's wedding and staying out there for a while to catch up with everyone out there as well. I figured I'd go ahead and make the trip out there and back a bit more interesting by turning hitting up as many comic shops on the way out and back. The thing is sometimes I find the more obscure comics to cross of my list at second hand chain stores which also have comics as an afterthought.

In the Midwest there's Vintage Stock. Just about everywhere there are Half Price Books (I had my route all but finalized, when I realized that HPB doesn't also show up on Google Maps searching for comics... now there's another dozen or so locations to add). And in Tennessee/Kentucky there's the Great Escape.

Anyone have any recommendations for similar places in Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia?
jbeeman85
Tuesday, May 17, 2022 9:16:51 PM
If you're doing Tennessee or North Carolina, there are McKay's Used Books. Several locations in both states. I frequent the West Nashville location.

They are one of those stores that customers sell items to the store for cash/credit so one day you may find nothing, the next day hit the jackpot.
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, May 18, 2022 2:24:27 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Hey Chris, if you're coming through Richmond give me a shout out! There's s few places I could show you.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
ratrapp
Wednesday, May 18, 2022 7:39:44 PM
if you go through west virginia there is nothing in beckley and really not much of anything in charleston.
lcfrick
Saturday, May 21, 2022 8:37:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I've added some more locations to my list.

While I'm out there I'm planning on heading a few hours in each direction, so Richmond is definitely on the board (as long as I can find a time when 495 isn't a cesspool of stopped cars), so I'll hit you up when I'm out that way, Howie!