Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » New Releases » Any New Series to pick up on?
rockstonecomics
Sunday, October 30, 2022 1:51:55 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Looking for a new series to check out. I read almost anything with a good story! Been digging the new Ghost Rider, SKTC, Grim, Moon Knight & Spawn. Took a break from the new ASM series and Batman current run
Any suggestions?
WEBVG
Monday, October 31, 2022 6:55:17 AM
Groups: Member
DCeased, best story DC's put out in the last 10 years or more and the #1 selling series here by a mile ever. (Roughly 600 copies sold at cover price or higher so far not counting trades of the 1st series and one shot)

6 issues and a one shot.

DCeased Unkillables, 3 issues taking place around the end of issue #2 of the main series.

DCeased Hope at Worlds End, trade/hardback only collected from something digital taking place after issue #2 roughly.

DCeased Dead Planet takes place after the first story about 10 years or so down the road.

DCeased War of the Undead Gods, in progress to finish up the story right now, 3 issues in.
REDWOLVES...led by Sam Hoooowwwweeeellllllll", cheered on by the Wolves Den...
rockstonecomics
Tuesday, November 01, 2022 1:46:30 AM
Shop at My Store
WEBVG wrote:
DCeased, best story DC's put out in the last 10 years or more and the #1 selling series here by a mile ever. (Roughly 600 copies sold at cover price or higher so far not counting trades of the 1st series and one shot)

6 issues and a one shot.

DCeased Unkillables, 3 issues taking place around the end of issue #2 of the main series.

DCeased Hope at Worlds End, trade/hardback only collected from something digital taking place after issue #2 roughly.

DCeased Dead Planet takes place after the first story about 10 years or so down the road.

DCeased War of the Undead Gods, in progress to finish up the story right now, 3 issues in.

Yeah DCeased was def a top read when it released.
lcfrick
Tuesday, November 01, 2022 6:39:28 AM
Groups: Member
Vanish by Image (Donny Cates/Ryan Stegman) has been a good read through two issues so far. There's another plane centered around magic where a war wages about what to do with Earth (one side preaches non-interference, the other enslavement). The non-interference side employs child soldiers for their fight and one of them breaks sacred rules and single-handedly wins the war. A number of years later he and the rest of the children have settled on Earth leading normal lives, without magic, only for the hero to discover that some of the opposing side survived and are now on Earth.

Eight Billion Genies by Image (Charles Soule/Ryan Browne) is the hit of the year for me (and just about everyone else). Suddenly even person on Earth gets a genie that grants them one wish. The series covers the entire planet, but mainly focuses around a single bar who's owner instantly wishes that no wishes made outside the bar can affect the bar or anyone inside it. Each issue goes through an increasing time span (the first 8 minutes in the first issue, 8 hours, day, weeks, months, years, decades, and centuries for the remaining issues). (Disclaimer, each issue has gone to subsequent printings, so expect the 1st printings of each issue to be a bit pricier.)

Daredevil has been fantastic since Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto started on it back in 2019. The recently restarted series takes place after the Devil's Reign crossover and takes Daredevil out of New York and brings him back to the classic Fist vs. the Hand fight, with a crossover from the Punisher, who is currently been corrupted into becoming the leader of the Hand, coming soon. (Coincidentally the Punisher series (Jason Aaron/Paul Azaceta) also restarted recently and requires no previous reading or catching up and is also excellent.)
4saken1
Tuesday, November 01, 2022 8:30:01 AM
Shop at My Store
Basilisk (Cullen Bunn) and Radiant Black are good. I'm also enjoying Crossover. It adds to the experience if you've read some of Danny Cates other indie series' for this, but not necessary. I also recommend Black Hammer, Lazarus, Something is Killing the Children, and Wrong Earth, but some of these aren't NEW new.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
rockstonecomics
Wednesday, November 02, 2022 12:59:20 PM
Shop at My Store
lcfrick wrote:
Vanish by Image (Donny Cates/Ryan Stegman) has been a good read through two issues so far. There's another plane centered around magic where a war wages about what to do with Earth (one side preaches non-interference, the other enslavement). The non-interference side employs child soldiers for their fight and one of them breaks sacred rules and single-handedly wins the war. A number of years later he and the rest of the children have settled on Earth leading normal lives, without magic, only for the hero to discover that some of the opposing side survived and are now on Earth.

Eight Billion Genies by Image (Charles Soule/Ryan Browne) is the hit of the year for me (and just about everyone else). Suddenly even person on Earth gets a genie that grants them one wish. The series covers the entire planet, but mainly focuses around a single bar who's owner instantly wishes that no wishes made outside the bar can affect the bar or anyone inside it. Each issue goes through an increasing time span (the first 8 minutes in the first issue, 8 hours, day, weeks, months, years, decades, and centuries for the remaining issues). (Disclaimer, each issue has gone to subsequent printings, so expect the 1st printings of each issue to be a bit pricier.)

Daredevil has been fantastic since Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto started on it back in 2019. The recently restarted series takes place after the Devil's Reign crossover and takes Daredevil out of New York and brings him back to the classic Fist vs. the Hand fight, with a crossover from the Punisher, who is currently been corrupted into becoming the leader of the Hand, coming soon. (Coincidentally the Punisher series (Jason Aaron/Paul Azaceta) also restarted recently and requires no previous reading or catching up and is also excellent.)

Some nice picks here! Im all caught up on DD and Eight Billion (best story of the year hands down for me)! Havent heard much about Vanish, but will have to pick that up soon. Thanks
rockstonecomics
Wednesday, November 02, 2022 1:02:27 PM
Shop at My Store
4saken1 wrote:
Basilisk (Cullen Bunn) and Radiant Black are good. I'm also enjoying Crossover. It adds to the experience if you've read some of Danny Cates other indie series' for this, but not necessary. I also recommend Black Hammer, Lazarus, Something is Killing the Children, and Wrong Earth, but some of these aren't NEW new.

Basilisk started out good, then not sure what happened, but it started tuning me out of grabbing the next issue. Did it pick up again and gotten better? Radiant Black was good until all the other story branch offs. Never checked out Crossover, but anything Cates touches usually is good! I love Indie titles, and I think Ive only managed to pick up SKTC, Ill have to check out the others. Thanks
pottersan
Wednesday, November 02, 2022 9:05:11 PM
Shop at My Store
rockstonecomics wrote:
Looking for a new series to check out. I read almost anything with a good story! Been digging the new Ghost Rider, SKTC, Grim, Moon Knight & Spawn. Took a break from the new ASM series and Batman current run
Any suggestions?
I really haven't been in the new comics for probably 20 years or so, but when I saw JM DeMatties had this going I was like oh man this might be pretty cool. I encourage you to check it out.

https://spellboundcomics.com/the-demultiverse/

Welcome to Spellbound Comics, Welcome to… The DeMultiverse!

The DeMultiverse consists of four separate all-new, all-different comic books written by the legendary J.M. DeMatteis (Kraven’s Last Hunt, Justice League International, Moonshadow, and hundreds more). Each of the four titles is completely different in tone and style, and each one is co-created by a different artist…

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

4saken1
Thursday, November 03, 2022 10:06:21 AM
Shop at My Store
rockstonecomics wrote:
Basilisk started out good, then not sure what happened, but it started tuning me out of grabbing the next issue. Did it pick up again and gotten better?

I've only gotten up to issue 6 so far. I think that I am drawn to it because it has a kind of Highlander feel to it, where when one of them dies another one gets their powers. I'll read just about anything by Cullen Bunn, though. I especially liked Sixth Gun.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).