Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
TEEN TITANS SUCK NOW Options
semicoherent
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:56:04 PM

Groups: Member

I finished reading Teen Titans 55 yesterday (I think, which ever one just came out). Is it just me or is anyone else getting really tired of this series? I have every issue back to issue 1 and I looked forward to reading every new issue before One Year Later. Now I'm actually think about dropping it. The team just isn't a team. They keep gaining and loosing members almost on a story arch basis (Supergirl was there for 1 arch if I remember correctly). I just don't care about characters like Red Devil and Miss Martion. And, I'm sorry, but I really don't want to hear Wonder Girl talk about Conner ever again. GET OVER IT. What does everyone else think?

spartan616
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:22:49 PM

I jumped on at issue 50 just to give it a try and I must admit it is boring and a little sporadic with it's roster. I was hoping it would be like New X-men now that was a book that captured the teen drama perfectly. I'm thinking I won't get anymore issues myself. I'm going to stick with Teen Titans Year 1. That book was great.

Check out my tumblr blog! Just paste the link directly to your address bar.

shaolinsuckerpunch.tumblr.com
jaryd1241
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 10:05:54 AM

I totally agree with you semicoherent, I think this book has been going downhill since the Amazons Attack tie-in mess. And this last issue was the worst of them all. They let freaking Supergirl go, SUPERGIRL, the most powerful of them all just because Wonder Girl had a "Conner" problem. Which I am also getting really sick of too. It's been almost a year and they still won't let her get over it. I wish Geoff Johns would come back on this title and turn it around and if they can get the artist on Teen Titans: Year One that would be the ultimate title. But I may be dropping it soon
antonarcane
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:52:43 AM

...But I have good news, everyone: DC is launching a new Titans series starring the original Teen Titans! The creative team is: Judd Winick/Ian Churchill/Norm Rapmund. It's scheduled to ship April 9th. I'm really looking forward to this one, as I, too have become disenchanted with the current Teen Titans series.

Asgard Comics
PULL LIST
The Brave And The Bold/New Avengers/Detective Comics/Hellboy/Batman/All-Star Superman/All-Star Batman/Desolation Jones/Thunderbolts/Thor/Doktor Sleepless/Booster Gold/100 Bullets/Ex Machina/JSA/Mighty Avengers/Fell/Walking Dead/Green Lantern/JLA/Hellblazer/Crossing Midnight/Powers/Kabuki/Daredevil/The Boys/Captain America/The Goon
jaryd1241
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:19:34 AM

Yeah I'm looking forward to the new Titans title too even though Judd Winick is kind of hit or miss for me, although I have been enjoying his GA/BC.
MCF
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:18:52 AM

Groups: Beta, Member

I'm reading Teen Titans in trades, and I thought it has been going downhill since the Infinite Crisis crossover issues. There were a few good issues here and there since (the Kid Devil spotlight issue illustrated by Peter Snejbjerg was great), but everything else has been a big fat turd.

Not sure about Judd Winick's Titans series though... don't really see a point in it. No one can ever top what Marv Wolfman and George Perez did back in the '80s.
antonarcane
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:03:10 AM

Agreed. At least this new series will have the original Wolfman/Perez lineup, though...

Asgard Comics
PULL LIST
The Brave And The Bold/New Avengers/Detective Comics/Hellboy/Batman/All-Star Superman/All-Star Batman/Desolation Jones/Thunderbolts/Thor/Doktor Sleepless/Booster Gold/100 Bullets/Ex Machina/JSA/Mighty Avengers/Fell/Walking Dead/Green Lantern/JLA/Hellblazer/Crossing Midnight/Powers/Kabuki/Daredevil/The Boys/Captain America/The Goon
wilko
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 7:01:22 PM

Nightwing is going to be in the new teen titans title?
They jumped the shark.

Too bad I just bought a Brave and the Bold 54
darthdad
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2008 12:35:18 AM

i guess i'm the odd man out here. i've really enjoyed the Titans since about issue 7 of this current run and it's been one of the first books that i goto each month. the titans of tommorrow story that Mckeever wrote i thought was great and it's got me excited about the future of the team.

i miss tony daniel and geoff johns but i like the current team enough to continue on.

For great comic reviews and discussion check out the Fanboy Face-off
nacho
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 8:50:47 PM

for me the series went down hill is when superboy died kid flash was gone its just not the same anymore and im about to drop it too

Black_Queen
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:25:34 PM

Teen Titans is going downhill. The first few issues were interesting and kept me coming back for more, but killing off Superboy and Kid Flash ruined it for me. There is really no team dynamic anymore. Now it just seems like a bunch of adolescent super heroes thrown together "Real World" style. And I'm sure this is just me, but Cassie aka Wonder Girl is really over dramatic and very self-centered. "Boo-hoo, Conner's dead, I'll cry forever but I'll make out with his best friend, too." Ugh.

I have high hopes for the new Titans title. Other than loving the line-up, I look forward to real team interactions.

Shizz
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 1:44:31 PM

Yeah I'm about to drop it.
Sceaduo
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 9:45:54 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Is this current title going to end when the new one comes out?

I'm not a fan of this title since Conner died, it's gone from bad, to worse ever since.

If this one ends when the new one starts I'll continue with this one so I have a full run (including all variant covers), but it it does not, I can see myself dropping this one and starting over with the new one.

Śح€ДĐŬٱ

Finar Comics my (and should be your) online source for comic subscriptions. Great guy! Quality supplier. Awesome customer service.

The Elysium

If you're going to ride my a$$ that hard, you could at least pull my hair.

Sometimes, um, I pee when I laugh.

Sceaduo
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 1:00:52 PM

Terror Titans? This has potential. What side will Kid Devil end up on?

Please come back Supergirl, I will miss her.

It sorta sounds like little miss martian lady is leaving too? Or just not living at the tower? I'm not sure.

Anyway, they (the writers) need to turn this unit into a team and start acting together a bit more. All this huge drama is ruining the story. Don't get me wrong, drama is the essence of teenage based books, but there is so much in this book right now, that it is overwelmingly notious.

Śح€ДĐŬٱ

Finar Comics my (and should be your) online source for comic subscriptions. Great guy! Quality supplier. Awesome customer service.

The Elysium

uncannyxmen82
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:09:15 AM

darthdad wrote:
i guess i'm the odd man out here. i've really enjoyed the Titans since about issue 7 of this current run and it's been one of the first books that i goto each month. the titans of tommorrow story that Mckeever wrote i thought was great and it's got me excited about the future of the team.

i miss tony daniel and geoff johns but i like the current team enough to continue on.

I agree darthdad. I'm not all that disappointed with the direction the book has been taking. The TEEN Titans of today are very different from the Wolfman/Perez team of yesteryear, and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. I think that it's great that DC is bringing them back as Titans showing how they've matured since the Graduation Day story.

On a side note, anything Winick touches (for me) is gold, and I fell in love with Ian Churchill/Norm Rapmund's work ever since Supergirl debuted almost three years ago. So Titans will probably be a mainstay on my pull list for a while.

semicoherent
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 4:05:48 PM

I can't believe that my post has lasted this long. I stand by my comments and it seems like most of you agree with me.

I so have to say that I'm not the biggest fan of the Wolfmen/Perez days. I have never been a fan of the art in those books. They are also done in the old comic style with lengthy discriptions by the characters about what is happening in the panel. I'm glad that the modern comic writing style lets the art speak for it's self.

I continue to pick up the teen titans just out of habit but I'm not impressed with this Terror Titans story line. Bring back Deathstroke. He is an awsome Titans foe. The clock king just can fit his shoes.

Here's hoping the Titans is good and that Teen Titans Y1 contiues to be good.

KrisEllieOphi
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 6:40:39 PM

I liked the new title, but it is the first Teen Titan comic I've read. I've been interested in them for a while, but just didn't have a chance to get into the title. But aside from not really knowing what was going on, I liked Titans #1.

Darkstar Studios
GIRL G33K blog and reviews
Comic Attack!
Sceaduo
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:32:30 AM

Teen Titans #57.

Finally, a good issue. It's been a long time coming, but now it's here. I hope the rest of this storyline is as good as this first issue of it was.

I was sceptical about Terror Titans, but this entire issue about Ravager was good. Real good in fact.

Kid Devil splayed alive! Wow! Didn't see that image coming.

It has been a long time coming, but I'm glad for the team. This might just be the storyline we have been waiting for.

Śح€ДĐŬٱ

The Elysium

hedgeknight
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 8:43:01 AM

I flipped through the first issue of the new Titans title and it wasn't bad. But it didn't grab onto me enough to shell out $3.50 for it. Shame on You

My LCS ordered heavy on it...so I 'll wait for a few months and pick it up in the dollar box. Big Grin
-g-

Winter is coming...
KrisEllieOphi
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:27:28 AM

My LCS didn't order much, I don't think. We stopped by the store around 3 pm and they were sold out of it. Or maybe they did order a lot and just a whole lot of people picked it up (didn't know there were that many TT fans though). I had it on my pull list, so I still got a copy.

Darkstar Studios
GIRL G33K blog and reviews
Comic Attack!