Welcome Guest Active Topics
Jim
Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:36:17 PM
Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member
Location: Everett, WA
Joined: 6/16/2007 | Posts: 10,451 | Points: 10,102,487
So, you're using the browser back button instead of the grid page previous button?
Lemme take a look at that and see whats up.
Atilla2k
Sunday, August 26, 2012 1:34:04 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: NY
Joined: 10/8/2007 | Posts: 1,899 | Points: 126,873
Flagwaver wrote:
Check boxes would be nice, but the new improvement works just as well since you don't have to refresh the page everytime you buy a book. What I'd really like to see is the ability to set default grade searches. I only buy books that are VF-NM and I hate having to search through all the P-FN books.


I hear ya!
frozilla
Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:02:01 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Joined: 11/30/2011 | Posts: 360 | Points: 1,093
Big thumbs up for the upgrade. 'Tis much appreciated Applause
Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
BurningDoom
Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:05:02 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
So, you're using the browser back button instead of the grid page previous button?
Lemme take a look at that and see whats up.


Well it's not a big deal I guess, since I can use grid buttons. I just have to get used to it.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Flagwaver
Monday, August 27, 2012 6:55:58 AM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Joined: 8/2/2010 | Posts: 268 | Points: 35,325
I just saw what BurningDoom is talking about. If I set the search for only those books in my wishlist and go five pages in, if I hit the back button on the browser, it takes me to the first page of the search. An inconvenience, but using the grid buttons solves that. What is a problem, however, is if I click on a book to look at the details and I hit the back browser button, it takes me back to the store's default page, not just to the first page of the search. Since there is no "return to search results" botton on the book details page, this could be a BIG pain if you have to reset the search each time you look at a book.
LordPJ
Monday, August 27, 2012 11:03:25 AM
Rank: Supporting Cast
Groups: Member
Joined: 3/24/2009 | Posts: 10 | Points: 30
Hey guys: I'm glad to see that y'all are moving so quickly to implement items from the Features Request list. In particular, I'm totally digging the addition of AJAX processing to the 'Buy' button. This is a great interim step until the checkboxes for multiple purchases are implemented Whistle

I also like the new functionality of showing purchased books within the "My Cart", for all the same reasons that others have posted. A few things that might improve this, though, is perhaps turning the listing into a Listbox (or at least something that scrolls). Yesterday I bought about 70 books, and the listing in the "My Cart" box was so long that I was having to scroll down the page just to use the "Find Comics for Sale" box. Also, can you add a 'X' link to the comics listed here -- serving the same function as 'Remove' from the "View Cart" page.

I've noticed a few bugs, though, that may or may not be related to the current update:

1. Clicking from "Grid View" to "List View" on the Seller.aspx page causes the "Find Comics for Sale" box to remove the listing of comics. I then have to click 'Go' to refresh the listing and then find the page number I was viewing. [This happens in IE 9 & Chrome]

2. Using the page number text box from "Find Comics for Sale" does not work in Chrome (but works just fine in IE 9). In Chrome, if I enter a number into the textbox and hit ENTER from the keyboard (the only way I know to make this process work), Chrome will navigate to the correct page number but then do another postbox, effectively clearing out the "Find Comics for Sale" box altogether

3. Paging is intermittent on Chrome. For example, if I click a page number from the listing of "Action" comics, sometimes the paging redirect will work, but other times it doesn't. This usually doesn't work after I've purchased an item (which kicks off the AJAX process). Then again, it might be a case of the page trying to perform an AJAX redirect, but there's no visible cue this is happening. In this case, if the processing is slow, the whole thing can appear to not be working
Joe
Monday, August 27, 2012 4:56:33 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member
Location: Nashville
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 2,162 | Points: 13,021
Thanks LordPJ! Appreciate the detailed listing here!

LordPJ wrote:
Hey guys: I'm glad to see that y'all are moving so quickly to implement items from the Features Request list. In particular, I'm totally digging the addition of AJAX processing to the 'Buy' button. This is a great interim step until the checkboxes for multiple purchases are implemented Whistle

I also like the new functionality of showing purchased books within the "My Cart", for all the same reasons that others have posted. A few things that might improve this, though, is perhaps turning the listing into a Listbox (or at least something that scrolls). Yesterday I bought about 70 books, and the listing in the "My Cart" box was so long that I was having to scroll down the page just to use the "Find Comics for Sale" box. Also, can you add a 'X' link to the comics listed here -- serving the same function as 'Remove' from the "View Cart" page.

I've noticed a few bugs, though, that may or may not be related to the current update:

1. Clicking from "Grid View" to "List View" on the Seller.aspx page causes the "Find Comics for Sale" box to remove the listing of comics. I then have to click 'Go' to refresh the listing and then find the page number I was viewing. [This happens in IE 9 & Chrome]

2. Using the page number text box from "Find Comics for Sale" does not work in Chrome (but works just fine in IE 9). In Chrome, if I enter a number into the textbox and hit ENTER from the keyboard (the only way I know to make this process work), Chrome will navigate to the correct page number but then do another postbox, effectively clearing out the "Find Comics for Sale" box altogether

3. Paging is intermittent on Chrome. For example, if I click a page number from the listing of "Action" comics, sometimes the paging redirect will work, but other times it doesn't. This usually doesn't work after I've purchased an item (which kicks off the AJAX process). Then again, it might be a case of the page trying to perform an AJAX redirect, but there's no visible cue this is happening. In this case, if the processing is slow, the whole thing can appear to not be working





Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Jim
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:30:21 PM
Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member
Location: Everett, WA
Joined: 6/16/2007 | Posts: 10,451 | Points: 10,102,487
Joe wrote:
Thanks LordPJ! Appreciate the detailed listing here!

LordPJ wrote:
Hey guys: I'm glad to see that y'all are moving so quickly to implement items from the Features Request list. In particular, I'm totally digging the addition of AJAX processing to the 'Buy' button. This is a great interim step until the checkboxes for multiple purchases are implemented Whistle

I also like the new functionality of showing purchased books within the "My Cart", for all the same reasons that others have posted. A few things that might improve this, though, is perhaps turning the listing into a Listbox (or at least something that scrolls). Yesterday I bought about 70 books, and the listing in the "My Cart" box was so long that I was having to scroll down the page just to use the "Find Comics for Sale" box. Also, can you add a 'X' link to the comics listed here -- serving the same function as 'Remove' from the "View Cart" page.

I've noticed a few bugs, though, that may or may not be related to the current update:

1. Clicking from "Grid View" to "List View" on the Seller.aspx page causes the "Find Comics for Sale" box to remove the listing of comics. I then have to click 'Go' to refresh the listing and then find the page number I was viewing. [This happens in IE 9 & Chrome]

2. Using the page number text box from "Find Comics for Sale" does not work in Chrome (but works just fine in IE 9). In Chrome, if I enter a number into the textbox and hit ENTER from the keyboard (the only way I know to make this process work), Chrome will navigate to the correct page number but then do another postbox, effectively clearing out the "Find Comics for Sale" box altogether

3. Paging is intermittent on Chrome. For example, if I click a page number from the listing of "Action" comics, sometimes the paging redirect will work, but other times it doesn't. This usually doesn't work after I've purchased an item (which kicks off the AJAX process). Then again, it might be a case of the page trying to perform an AJAX redirect, but there's no visible cue this is happening. In this case, if the processing is slow, the whole thing can appear to not be working


Indeed. Quite succinct.

I'll try and address each point.

1. Going from Gridview the Listview causes a full page postback which is effectively clearing the viewstate for that search. Since the Listview can have a different page place than the Gridview I can't effectively or accurately keep the same viewstate for both.

2. I'll look into that issue. I may have to add a button to the Gridview in order for Chrome to support this.

3. Looks like another Chrome issue. I'll have a look at it. If Chrome isn't going to support AJAX in the same manner as IE then these issues may persist for a while till I can get to them. I am primarily focusing on IE testing and support. But with you guys finding these issues in other browsers and listing them here it will it easier and quicker for me to address them. So I really appreciate that.


As far as turning the cart into a listbox. I'll talk to Joe and see what he thinks about that. I knew that some cart lists would get long which is why I removed the Spotlight issues from that side of the page. But it sounds like you guys are buying enough items at one time to warrant a scrollable list possibly. And actually that's not a bad problem to have. Buy! Buy! Buy! Big Grin
The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:40:04 AM
Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller
Joined: 6/7/2007 | Posts: 5,099 | Points: 140,521
Shop at My Store
Glad to see the positivity coming from the update! I think it was LONG overdue, but just the first of many down the road!






Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com


Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
SwiftMann
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:21:22 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Location: PA
Joined: 4/19/2007 | Posts: 12,712 | Points: 2,290,522
Shop at My Store
SwiftMann wrote:
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Did this add Publish/Cover Date to the title views?

Because those are definitely new. Or if not completely new, showing the day is, which is completely unnecessary for the cover date, which is only Month and Year and we have to put the date in as 01 by default.

I just checked my changelist and it's always been there. Haven't touched that at all. Think


The day was always part of the info, it just wasn't shown.

The issues themselves are showing the day in the publish/cover date (not to be confused with the Sale Date field). I know those didn't show the date until this weekend because every once in a while I stumble across the result of an old bug where the month is off by one and until you click to edit, you don't see that it rolled back to the last day of the prior month. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. It's going back to the early days and I'm really tired.

Either way, the presentation of the cover/publish date in both the title view and the individual issue view is definitely brand new (and not necessary/useful).


Any chance of getting back to the original setting and not showing the day in Publish/Cover Date? It's surprisingly annoying.
Jim
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:52:45 AM
Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member
Location: Everett, WA
Joined: 6/16/2007 | Posts: 10,451 | Points: 10,102,487
Yeah that will go in the next update. I've been working on a few things actually.
Some updates to the web services for mobile stuff, viewstate management to augments 1.3.0.2 (so you can hit the back button and not lose your place), and an update to the Seller Issue page which will be similar to 1.3.0.2.

Trying my best to get it done faster but 50+ hours at the full time job and all prevents me from putting more than 10 or so hours a week into the site. You approver guys know how it is. Happy
scotteaves
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:54:34 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Joined: 6/24/2008 | Posts: 6,133 | Points: 448,242
ErrantEntertainment wrote:

Trying my best to get it done faster but 50+ hours at the full time job and all prevents me from putting more than 10 or so hours a week into the site. You approver guys know how it is. Happy


And 10 hours a week is still better than what had been going on in the recent past. Big Grin Whistle

Good to hear there is progress.
inthematrix
Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:46:43 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member
Joined: 7/19/2012 | Posts: 5 | Points: 15
I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this question, but has there been any maintenance on or problems with the website for the past 24-48 hours that would cause the website to fail to load properly? I've been experiencing a lot of errors and issues on the website during this span.
Jim
Thursday, September 06, 2012 12:05:15 PM
Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member
Location: Everett, WA
Joined: 6/16/2007 | Posts: 10,451 | Points: 10,102,487
Yeah, there was a catastrophic outage on one of the databases that had to be recovered. Things should be back to normal now though. If you continue to experience issues please let us know.
inthematrix
Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:43:12 PM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member
Joined: 7/19/2012 | Posts: 5 | Points: 15
Thanks for the info and the update. Sounds like a lot of unscheduled work was put in during the past day or two. I'm glad everything was successfully recovered.

Allow me to offer my thanks to you and everyone else who keeps this awesome site up and running!
BurningDoom
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:06:47 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
BurningDoom wrote:
One thing I'm finding very annoying about the update is using your browser's back button while shopping.

For example, I'm searching through 9 pages of "Amazing Spider-Man" in a CCL shop. I decide I actually did want that one issue 1 page back, and out of habit of using my browser buttons I hit the back button. But instead of going one page back in "Amazing Spider-Man", it goes to my last comic search entirely, "Green Lantern".

That's a bit annoying. This wasn't an issue before the update.


It seems this problem has been fixed. I was browsing last night and noticed that after looking at the details on an individual issue, I had to press the back button and it actually went back to the last page rather than the beginning of my last search.

Much more convenient. Applause
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Flagwaver
Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:42:42 AM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Joined: 8/2/2010 | Posts: 268 | Points: 35,325
Just tried it and it still takes me to the first page of my search. At Wits' End
SwiftMann
Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:46:13 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Location: PA
Joined: 4/19/2007 | Posts: 12,712 | Points: 2,290,522
Shop at My Store
Flagwaver wrote:
Just tried it and it still takes me to the first page of my search. At Wits' End


Kind of like my question about the dates, nothing is going to change until the next update, which hasn't happened yet.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 pages: 1 [2]

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.223 seconds.
(0.075 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241