Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Update 1.3.0.2 Options
Jim
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:36:17 PM

Groups: Member

So, you're using the browser back button instead of the grid page previous button?
Lemme take a look at that and see whats up.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 1:34:04 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Flagwaver wrote:
Check boxes would be nice, but the new improvement works just as well since you don't have to refresh the page everytime you buy a book. What I'd really like to see is the ability to set default grade searches. I only buy books that are VF-NM and I hate having to search through all the P-FN books.

I hear ya!

frozilla
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:02:01 PM

Big thumbs up for the upgrade. 'Tis much appreciated Applause

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:05:02 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

ErrantEntertainment wrote:
So, you're using the browser back button instead of the grid page previous button?
Lemme take a look at that and see whats up.

Well it's not a big deal I guess, since I can use grid buttons. I just have to get used to it.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Flagwaver
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 6:55:58 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I just saw what BurningDoom is talking about. If I set the search for only those books in my wishlist and go five pages in, if I hit the back button on the browser, it takes me to the first page of the search. An inconvenience, but using the grid buttons solves that. What is a problem, however, is if I click on a book to look at the details and I hit the back browser button, it takes me back to the store's default page, not just to the first page of the search. Since there is no "return to search results" botton on the book details page, this could be a BIG pain if you have to reset the search each time you look at a book.
LordPJ
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 11:03:25 AM

Hey guys: I'm glad to see that y'all are moving so quickly to implement items from the Features Request list. In particular, I'm totally digging the addition of AJAX processing to the 'Buy' button. This is a great interim step until the checkboxes for multiple purchases are implemented Whistle

I also like the new functionality of showing purchased books within the "My Cart", for all the same reasons that others have posted. A few things that might improve this, though, is perhaps turning the listing into a Listbox (or at least something that scrolls). Yesterday I bought about 70 books, and the listing in the "My Cart" box was so long that I was having to scroll down the page just to use the "Find Comics for Sale" box. Also, can you add a 'X' link to the comics listed here -- serving the same function as 'Remove' from the "View Cart" page.

I've noticed a few bugs, though, that may or may not be related to the current update:

1. Clicking from "Grid View" to "List View" on the Seller.aspx page causes the "Find Comics for Sale" box to remove the listing of comics. I then have to click 'Go' to refresh the listing and then find the page number I was viewing. [This happens in IE 9 & Chrome]

2. Using the page number text box from "Find Comics for Sale" does not work in Chrome (but works just fine in IE 9). In Chrome, if I enter a number into the textbox and hit ENTER from the keyboard (the only way I know to make this process work), Chrome will navigate to the correct page number but then do another postbox, effectively clearing out the "Find Comics for Sale" box altogether

3. Paging is intermittent on Chrome. For example, if I click a page number from the listing of "Action" comics, sometimes the paging redirect will work, but other times it doesn't. This usually doesn't work after I've purchased an item (which kicks off the AJAX process). Then again, it might be a case of the page trying to perform an AJAX redirect, but there's no visible cue this is happening. In this case, if the processing is slow, the whole thing can appear to not be working
Joe
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 4:56:33 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Thanks LordPJ! Appreciate the detailed listing here!

LordPJ wrote:
Hey guys: I'm glad to see that y'all are moving so quickly to implement items from the Features Request list. In particular, I'm totally digging the addition of AJAX processing to the 'Buy' button. This is a great interim step until the checkboxes for multiple purchases are implemented Whistle

I also like the new functionality of showing purchased books within the "My Cart", for all the same reasons that others have posted. A few things that might improve this, though, is perhaps turning the listing into a Listbox (or at least something that scrolls). Yesterday I bought about 70 books, and the listing in the "My Cart" box was so long that I was having to scroll down the page just to use the "Find Comics for Sale" box. Also, can you add a 'X' link to the comics listed here -- serving the same function as 'Remove' from the "View Cart" page.

I've noticed a few bugs, though, that may or may not be related to the current update:

1. Clicking from "Grid View" to "List View" on the Seller.aspx page causes the "Find Comics for Sale" box to remove the listing of comics. I then have to click 'Go' to refresh the listing and then find the page number I was viewing. [This happens in IE 9 & Chrome]

2. Using the page number text box from "Find Comics for Sale" does not work in Chrome (but works just fine in IE 9). In Chrome, if I enter a number into the textbox and hit ENTER from the keyboard (the only way I know to make this process work), Chrome will navigate to the correct page number but then do another postbox, effectively clearing out the "Find Comics for Sale" box altogether

3. Paging is intermittent on Chrome. For example, if I click a page number from the listing of "Action" comics, sometimes the paging redirect will work, but other times it doesn't. This usually doesn't work after I've purchased an item (which kicks off the AJAX process). Then again, it might be a case of the page trying to perform an AJAX redirect, but there's no visible cue this is happening. In this case, if the processing is slow, the whole thing can appear to not be working

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

Jim
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:30:21 PM

Joe wrote:
Thanks LordPJ! Appreciate the detailed listing here!

LordPJ wrote:

Indeed. Quite succinct.

I'll try and address each point.

1. Going from Gridview the Listview causes a full page postback which is effectively clearing the viewstate for that search. Since the Listview can have a different page place than the Gridview I can't effectively or accurately keep the same viewstate for both.

2. I'll look into that issue. I may have to add a button to the Gridview in order for Chrome to support this.

3. Looks like another Chrome issue. I'll have a look at it. If Chrome isn't going to support AJAX in the same manner as IE then these issues may persist for a while till I can get to them. I am primarily focusing on IE testing and support. But with you guys finding these issues in other browsers and listing them here it will it easier and quicker for me to address them. So I really appreciate that.

As far as turning the cart into a listbox. I'll talk to Joe and see what he thinks about that. I knew that some cart lists would get long which is why I removed the Spotlight issues from that side of the page. But it sounds like you guys are buying enough items at one time to warrant a scrollable list possibly. And actually that's not a bad problem to have. Buy! Buy! Buy! Big Grin

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:40:04 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Glad to see the positivity coming from the update! I think it was LONG overdue, but just the first of many down the road!

SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:21:22 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Did this add Publish/Cover Date to the title views?

Because those are definitely new. Or if not completely new, showing the day is, which is completely unnecessary for the cover date, which is only Month and Year and we have to put the date in as 01 by default.

I just checked my changelist and it's always been there. Haven't touched that at all. Think

The day was always part of the info, it just wasn't shown.

The issues themselves are showing the day in the publish/cover date (not to be confused with the Sale Date field). I know those didn't show the date until this weekend because every once in a while I stumble across the result of an old bug where the month is off by one and until you click to edit, you don't see that it rolled back to the last day of the prior month. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. It's going back to the early days and I'm really tired.

Either way, the presentation of the cover/publish date in both the title view and the individual issue view is definitely brand new (and not necessary/useful).

Any chance of getting back to the original setting and not showing the day in Publish/Cover Date? It's surprisingly annoying.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:52:45 AM

Yeah that will go in the next update. I've been working on a few things actually.
Some updates to the web services for mobile stuff, viewstate management to augments 1.3.0.2 (so you can hit the back button and not lose your place), and an update to the Seller Issue page which will be similar to 1.3.0.2.

Trying my best to get it done faster but 50+ hours at the full time job and all prevents me from putting more than 10 or so hours a week into the site. You approver guys know how it is. Happy

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:54:34 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Trying my best to get it done faster but 50+ hours at the full time job and all prevents me from putting more than 10 or so hours a week into the site. You approver guys know how it is. Happy

And 10 hours a week is still better than what had been going on in the recent past. Big Grin Whistle

Good to hear there is progress.

inthematrix
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:46:43 AM

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this question, but has there been any maintenance on or problems with the website for the past 24-48 hours that would cause the website to fail to load properly? I've been experiencing a lot of errors and issues on the website during this span.
Jim
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 12:05:15 PM

Yeah, there was a catastrophic outage on one of the databases that had to be recovered. Things should be back to normal now though. If you continue to experience issues please let us know.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
inthematrix
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:43:12 PM

Thanks for the info and the update. Sounds like a lot of unscheduled work was put in during the past day or two. I'm glad everything was successfully recovered.

Allow me to offer my thanks to you and everyone else who keeps this awesome site up and running!
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:06:47 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

BurningDoom wrote:
One thing I'm finding very annoying about the update is using your browser's back button while shopping.

For example, I'm searching through 9 pages of "Amazing Spider-Man" in a CCL shop. I decide I actually did want that one issue 1 page back, and out of habit of using my browser buttons I hit the back button. But instead of going one page back in "Amazing Spider-Man", it goes to my last comic search entirely, "Green Lantern".

That's a bit annoying. This wasn't an issue before the update.

It seems this problem has been fixed. I was browsing last night and noticed that after looking at the details on an individual issue, I had to press the back button and it actually went back to the last page rather than the beginning of my last search.

Much more convenient. Applause

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Flagwaver
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:42:42 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Just tried it and it still takes me to the first page of my search. At Wits' End
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:46:13 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Flagwaver wrote:
Just tried it and it still takes me to the first page of my search. At Wits' End

Kind of like my question about the dates, nothing is going to change until the next update, which hasn't happened yet.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5