BJ today, made some selections, and proceeded
to roll the shopping cart forward to pay for
the selections. I am greeted by the IE DNS
page. What up ?
CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:11:45 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I was browsing last night & getting the same error, I had it set at 50 issues per page & seemed to be too much to handle, kept having to back up or re-load the page.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

Flagwaver
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:58:41 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Same thing happened to me last week. I finished shopping, went to check out and kept getting the IE DNS page. It took several tries of refreshing the page, quitting and going back to the CCL page to finally get to where I could pay for it. My order went through but I haven't placed another one since to see if it is still happening.
ellenjones
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:31:15 PM
Groups: Member

It's almost impossible to shop today. Dozens of tries to get onto the shopping cart page. When you finally catch a break and get there, select a shipping option and click buy, now you get the busted link page again instead of going to Paypal to pay forcing you to start all over again and now it's impossible to even get into the carts to empty out items you don't want.

lbej
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:43:23 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

I'm having the same problem. I can see the cart on the main page, but trying to view cart/checkout causes a connection reset with the CCL server.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
spumish
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:01:46 PM

Same issue here.
spacecitycomics
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:17:16 PM

lbej wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I can see the cart on the main page, but trying to view cart/checkout causes a connection reset with the CCL server.

So....whatcha buying from me ?? !! HHHaaahhh!
Oh and your latest went out over the weekend.

I've been wanting to stockpile some inexpensive
drek from BAMF! because I know I can put it into
future convention stock at a reasonable price and
not have to buy a ton at one time. Seems like the
setup he has will soon become one of my options.
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:23:56 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Looks like everyone is gettin this issue.

Anyone try calling the hotline yet?
monidaw1
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:34:31 PM

Shop at My Store

Quote:
Seems like the
setup he has will soon become one of my options.

Hopefully future updates will give us a third option between shipped and not shipped so we can remove the items from inventory with one click and at the same time let people know they're pulled, inspected and snuggled safely into the Holdbox.

If you DON'T hit the "shipped" button then the items stay in the inventory in the database which causes headaches if you're still uploading and trying to alter prices. For example, lets say you have 18 little orders on hold and ready to ship but you can't remember if any of them had an issue or two of X-Factor. You're rolling along at 7AM trying to get a fast start to the day and decide to run the bulk pricer so you click the select all button so all 2,500 issues can be price changed all at once. It starts and runs fine for the first 10 minutes or so but then stops because the software isn't smart enough to skip over an issue that's in someone's cart or order. You spend 11 minutes trying to uncheck all the boxes of the issues that changed prices plus the first one that didn't. Now you start the pricer running again. 4 minutes later it hits another one and stops again. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat and with who can remember how many other titles you've had the same problem happen in, by the time Kelly and Michael come on NBC you're ready to violently toss Skittles and jelly beans across the room which can be dangerous to slip on trying to pull orders quickly later in the day with a concrete floor and them acting like marbles. So until they have time to fix the site, get around to adding that download all button for the titles in the database and add the "Q all" for all the stuff needing to get from the Q to be uploaded, hit that shipped button, the ankle you don't twist might be your own.

Then if they get some free time and a few days in a row where the site functions mostly correctly someone can figure out why every time you delist something to build a lot and reupload it as part of the lot it magically reappears in the folder it used to be in under "My Collections" the next time you update. That's been a joy trying to keep track of with all the unexpected power outages and site hiccups causing unexpected restarts prior to having uploaded everything. Then with an upload failing since one or more of the books mixed in are ghosts you have to try to remember what you delisted last and go delete the ghost to get the upload to work.

While we're tossing out stuff that's not working today you might as well add the "Task Failed" message trying to update after adding some new to me titles today which is pretty much the same glitch that showed up last week where a few titles download but when you click them there's no content so you can't upload the stack of books you thought you were going to upload today. (That's where that download all button would end this headache once and for all if every titles already downloaded instead of repeating the same frustration every week not to mention speeding up uploading in general) On the brighter side of things at least it hasn't been freezing up in the optimizing database part of downloading new titles much recently. Every silver lining has it's cloud though so it seems it's been replaced with a 5 to 10 second delay waiting for each cover scan jpeg to show while loading comics in the "My Collections" folder

Here's another way to think about the download all option for the database.

When I was a kid we used to have these guys that came around door to door selling encyclopedia sets which in their day were kinda like databases. They didn't sell us
Letter A pages 2,6, 16,and 42
Letter B pages 4,23,56 and 92
Letter C pages 1,3,7, 23 and 38
Letter K pages 19 and 22
Letter M etc.......

with the option to get more pages later one at a time if they were working that day and if we still could afford a telephone service to call them and tell them we needed that page. They just sold us the whole set all at once and offered updates as they became availible (usually yearly)

7:45PM----It's not real happy about accepting new image scans right now either. 5 to 10 tries to get each up while submitting new issues into titles.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

Joe
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:51:27 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

I think we got this. Can you please post if you are still experiencing problems. Thanks. We have a load balancer that gives us a fit once in a while. Sorry for the troubles.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:07:58 AM

Shop at My Store

Running like a peach, time to get some work done. Seems like every couple weeks you just have to hit the reset button or something.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

monidaw1
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:08:44 AM

Shop at My Store

So far so good. The Final Crisis titles from yesterday have internal content today so issues can be uploaded into them and the hang time waiting for each jpeg size cover scan's back down to about 2 seconds. I also switched to Runts today just in case since the banana and heart shapes don't roll as easily reducing the risk of injury by 40% later if something goes wrong this morning.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages