Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NFL Football 2012 Season! Options
The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:39:39 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

3 weeks into the regular season already and thinks are looking interesting...for some anyway. How is your team doing so far this season?

My Cardinals are 2-0 so far with yet another tough game this week against the Eagles. We're hoping for another win here at home today, still a bit pumped at the Cards win in New England last week. I'm hoping the Cardinals can stay focused and not get over confident.

I'm watching the Bengals at the Redskins right now. Bengals just scored to take the lead. I dont care who wins but Griffen III is pretty impressive.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:25:23 PM

Groups: Member

My Patriots are 1-1 right now. In a couple hours they play the Ravens which should be a hard game. Still bummed from the lost last week At Wits' End but it's just the beginning.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:41:42 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Please bring back the real refs
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:28:57 PM

b0bafett wrote:

I hear that. I don't like the scrub refs.Angry

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
puyaybusto
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:36:39 PM

b0bafett wrote:

Please bring back the real Saints!! And those refs cost us 1 touchdown today so f them too.

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:41:31 PM

puyaybusto wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

Please bring back the real Saints!! And those refs cost us 1 touchdown today so f them too.

Ya there 0-3 but its early

The_Ghost
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 1:03:40 PM

Anyone see the Cardinals destroy the Eagles yesterday? WOW! First the Pats and now the Eagles. Vick and the Eagles didn't even get the ball in the endzone!
That win along with the 49ers losing to the Vikes really made my day. Cardinals are now 3-0 in the NFC West!

Dan, I cant believe the Saints lost to the Chiefs! I thought for sure they'd whoops KC to get their first win. Seems like the Saints have more on their minds these days than football. Can it be long before they start calling them the Aints again?

Another surprise to me was the Ravens beating the Pats. I'm glad but surprised.

Guys, I know everyone hates the scab refs and the missed calls and all that but I think they are trying to do their best. They didn't ask to be put in these games. Maybe we should blame the regular officials and the NFL for letting the strike go on this long.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
b0bafett
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 2:50:14 PM

Its more the nfl not wanting to pay anyone then it is the reg refs.

Still don't understand why they are bringing in high school football refs over college refs to the nfl
The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:04:46 AM

Looks like the Seahawks got away with a "no catch" that was called a catch. Man, I hate that. So unfair. Didn't they review the "catch"?

Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:04:48 AM

Looks like the Seahawks got away with a "no catch" that was called a catch. Man, I hate that. So unfair. Didn't they review the "catch"?

Nerd Nation
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:05:32 PM

I'm a packer fan in that game made me sick.

They said on t.v. everything was done wrong. The ref's never got together to talk about what they saw. They went to reply before making a call & all the reply people could tell them it was a catch but couldn't tell them who caught the ball.

Its bad to find out the refs are high school refs, college refs that got kicked & refs from the women's football league that also got kicked
The_Ghost
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012 6:25:03 PM

I am one happy Arizona Cardinals fan. Being 4-0 so far is great and a big surprise since we had such a bad pre-season. The Cardiac Cards find a way to win and not against bad teams but against the good teams like the Patriots and Eagles. They only allowed one td for Tom Brady and NO td's for Vick. They really dominated Philly last week.

Nerd Nation
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012 6:46:13 PM

I am a hardcore Patriots fan and Sunday's game made me very mad and happy. The first half of the game made me want to throw something at the t.v. but once Vince Wilfork force that fumble, it was all uphill from there. Scoring 40 something points in the second half is pretty dang good. A very well needed moral boost!Big Grin

b0bafett
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012 9:31:00 PM

MAN o MAN I think the refs have it out for my packers
hedgeknight
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:26:40 AM

b0bafett wrote:
MAN o MAN I think the refs have it out for my packers

It was a tough game to watch and some of those calls were "replacement ref" calls. Still, they won in the end.

It's a rebuilding year for the Colts - Luck is doing pretty good for his rookie season and the fans are just going to have to be patient. Terrible news about Coach Pagano - prayers for him and his family.

Peyton is looking good as a Bronco and I'm hoping for big things for him this year. He's one of my fantasy QB's and I'm gonna need him down the stretch.

Speaking of, fantasy football is an endless source of frustration and cursing! At Wits' End Not sure I'm gonna do it next year.

Winter is coming...