Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Resident Evil 6 Options
Dementia5
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:16:25 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Subscriber

Thanks for the look ahead. This game is co-op IIRC, so if you gents want to do some multi-player, hit me up.

Traded in a bunch of games, taking advantage of Gamestop's excellent 50% additional credit offer, and ended up breaking even. So it's a risk free purchase AFAIC.

It's actually a good deal, RE 1 thru 6 for $90. Having NOT played 3 and about half of 5, I'm looking forward to it. Juuust in case, I'll keep the receipt, play the demo and keep it shrink wrapped Big Grin

Lastly, can I assume a quick-time event occurs prior to being prompted to avoid a hairy situation by mashing buttons in sequence?

"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:13:05 AM

Groups: Member

Dementia5 wrote:
Thanks for the look ahead. This game is co-op IIRC, so if you gents want to do some multi-player, hit me up.

Traded in a bunch of games, taking advantage of Gamestop's excellent 50% additional credit offer, and ended up breaking even. So it's a risk free purchase AFAIC.

It's actually a good deal, RE 1 thru 6 for $90. Having NOT played 3 and about half of 5, I'm looking forward to it. Juuust in case, I'll keep the receipt, play the demo and keep it shrink wrapped Big Grin

Lastly, can I assume a quick-time event occurs prior to being prompted to avoid a hairy situation by mashing buttons in sequence?

Yes, quick time events are the button prompts on cut scenes that were introduced in RE4. RE6 has a ton of these...keeps you on your toes. None seem to be as difficult as the Krauser fight from RE4 though.

I'm loving RE6. Good difficulty (I've died A LOT) without it becoming frustating.

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 10:58:27 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
Dementia5 wrote:

Yes, quick time events are the button prompts on cut scenes that were introduced in RE4. RE6 has a ton of these...keeps you on your toes. None seem to be as difficult as the Krauser fight from RE4 though.

I'm loving RE6. Good difficulty (I've died A LOT) without it becoming frustating.

Krauser was the most frustrating boss fight in RE4, lol.

I can't wait to get home later this week to play RE6! Aaaargh!

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:38:04 PM

I've finished Leon's and Chris' campaign on normal difficulty. Gonna knock out Jake then Ada, then work my up to knock out the game on Veteran difficulty, this game has some easy trophies. I'm guessing the hidden stuff will be a little more difficult.

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:41:15 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I saw this was for rent at RedBox. You think I can finish the game in a couple days or so? Or is this one you need to buy? I am a Resident Evil veteran.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 11:06:26 AM

BurningDoom wrote:
I saw this was for rent at RedBox. You think I can finish the game in a couple days or so? Or is this one you need to buy? I am a Resident Evil veteran.

You will have to play continuiously in a 2 day period to finish all campaigns.

Leon's campaign (which is 1 of 4 campaigns) took me about 12 hours of gaming alone.

Each campiagn has 5 chapters.

The frustrating thing with RE6 are the save points. They are few and far in between. There's no manual game save feature, it's all automatic. If you can't make it to the next save point before you quit, you could possibly be flushing 30 to 45 minutes of gameplay down the toilet. There are a fair amount of checkpoints, but checkpoints are only used as a starting point after you die.

So check points (Thumbtack/Pin Icon)are for dying, save points (Typewriter Icon) are for quitting.

You will encounter a lot of bosses. The entire 5th chapter of Leon's campaign is one giant boss fight.

I haz a Blog
junkmonkey
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 4:58:49 PM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

BurningDoom wrote:

If you play nonstop for a while, yeah. But I don't think you'll want to. Chapters are long, and save points don't happen often. I think you should rent it though, because as a long time fan of the series, I have no desire whatsoever to pick this game up again. My friend and I beat all the campaigns, save Ada's and it's just not very fun. They took away any options you had on firepower, no more upgrading your weapons, and the story is iffy. So, I'd suggest a rental just to see if you want to purchase. This game seems like more of a downgrade from 5 than a worthy entry to the series' main games. Definitely has my vote for worst RE game out of the 7 main ones.

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 8:30:31 PM

junkmonkey wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

If you play nonstop for a while, yeah. But I don't think you'll want to. Chapters are long, and save points don't happen often. I think you should rent it though, because as a long time fan of the series, I have no desire whatsoever to pick this game up again. My friend and I beat all the campaigns, save Ada's and it's just not very fun. They took away any options you had on firepower, no more upgrading your weapons, and the story is iffy. So, I'd suggest a rental just to see if you want to purchase. This game seems like more of a downgrade from 5 than a worthy entry to the series' main games. Definitely has my vote for worst RE game out of the 7 main ones.

I like the story and creatures better than any of the other installments. The intertwining narrative is really well done as is the online co=op integration.

The camera, controls and overall gameplay are no more than passable.

I haz a Blog
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:46:11 AM

SpidermanGeek wrote:
junkmonkey wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

I like the story and creatures better than any of the other installments. The intertwining narrative is really well done as is the online co=op integration.

The camera, controls and overall gameplay are no more than passable.

Free update in December will address the camera issues. What pisses me off more than anything is you can't always pause the game, and when you can, it doesn't really pause anything.

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:36:19 PM

ShenValleyInitiative wrote:

Free update in December will address the camera issues. What pisses me off more than anything is you can't always pause the game, and when you can, it doesn't really pause anything.

John, there is an actual Pause function. The catch is that you have to start your game in "Offline" mode. If you have it set to "Playstation Network", it doesn't matter if you're playing a private/solo session or "by invite only".. you won't have access to pause the game.

I haz a Blog
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 10:29:50 AM

So who's actually been playing this? I'm only 3 trophies short of platinum on this one. Currently doing my run through on Professional, so that will take care of 2 trophies. I will only be left to grind skill points for the "Mad Skills" trophy.

I've pretty much unlocked everything in the game except some of the extra costumes because I totally suck at "Mercenaries Mode" and can't manage to get a high enough score.

I haz a Blog
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:27:01 PM

Congratulations! You've overcome all your fears in RESIDENT EVIL 6!

Woot, my fifth PS3 platinum!

I haz a Blog