Welcome Guest Active Topics
The_Ghost
Monday, September 24, 2012 3:43:15 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
Joined: 6/17/2007 | Posts: 18,988 | Points: 56,739
Attaching Doc Ock's arms to Spiderman? Am I the only one who thinks thats a lame act of vengance? I'm already not happy with what I'm hearing is in the works for the wall crawler. Its one of the reasons I'm spending more $$$ on Spiderman back issues these days.


Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
jrpeevyhouse
Monday, September 24, 2012 7:06:24 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member
Joined: 7/9/2011 | Posts: 59 | Points: 177
Will say this much...as someone who has a subscription through issue #712, I had BETTER get those next dozen issues of something Spidey...
jrpeevyhouse
Monday, September 24, 2012 7:08:26 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member
Joined: 7/9/2011 | Posts: 59 | Points: 177
Spider-Man wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
We will never see a #1,000 issue on any comic book, will we?


Nope.


Sure we will.

See Spectacular Spider-Man 1000


I own and enjoyed this one, actually lol
wickedcomics
Monday, September 24, 2012 8:48:20 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 5/14/2011 | Posts: 1,433 | Points: 18,983
Why get upset over it, if you are going to keep buying from them? Just don't give them anymore money and stick to back issues of Spider-Man or read Image, Dark Horse, Zenescope, etc... So many good stories out there, don't let them make fools of you just because they have a Marvel logo on the top left or Spider-Man in the top middle.

After what they did to J. Michael Straczynski's run, I haven't given "current" Amazing Spider-Man books a penny. It ticked me off that they took a big crap over all the amazing work he did. Well done Quesada Loser
SuperSoldier124
Friday, September 28, 2012 7:34:37 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Colorado
Joined: 4/3/2007 | Posts: 3,060 | Points: 9,241
The_Ghost wrote:
Attaching Doc Ock's arms to Spiderman? Am I the only one who thinks thats a lame act of vengance? I'm already not happy with what I'm hearing is in the works for the wall crawler. Its one of the reasons I'm spending more $$$ on Spiderman back issues these days.
i agree with you whole heartily on this. i'm just going to drop all books and stick with back issues. especially since a lot of them are only a dollar on here.


wickedcomics wrote:
Why get upset over it, if you are going to keep buying from them? Just don't give them anymore money and stick to back issues of Spider-Man or read Image, Dark Horse, Zenescope, etc... So many good stories out there, don't let them make fools of you just because they have a Marvel logo on the top left or Spider-Man in the top middle.

After what they did to J. Michael Straczynski's run, I haven't given "current" Amazing Spider-Man books a penny. It ticked me off that they took a big crap over all the amazing work he did. Well done Quesada Loser
i've been reading more and more indie books and i enjoy them a lot. however i completely hated straczynskis work. i was so happy to see him leave.
add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

BurningDoom
Friday, September 28, 2012 7:36:28 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that hated Strazynski's run on ASM. I was an avid Spider-Man fan since the 80s, and JMS' made me stop buying the book until the Civil War/Back In Black storyline years later after he finally left.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Friday, September 28, 2012 7:45:18 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Colorado
Joined: 4/3/2007 | Posts: 3,060 | Points: 9,241
yeah he just f!@ked everything up. like making gwen a s!@t. F'n BS... Dan slotts run has been really good though. i like his stories
add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

BurningDoom
Friday, September 28, 2012 7:55:08 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
yeah he just f!@ked everything up. like making gwen a s!@t. F'n BS... Dan slotts run has been really good though. i like his stories


Same here. It's not always a home-run, but they can't all be. New Ways To Die, American Son, the recent Lizard story are good stories that stick out to me, off the top of my head.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:54:31 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Colorado
Joined: 4/3/2007 | Posts: 3,060 | Points: 9,241
BurningDoom wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
yeah he just f!@ked everything up. like making gwen a s!@t. F'n BS... Dan slotts run has been really good though. i like his stories


Same here. It's not always a home-run, but they can't all be. New Ways To Die, American Son, the recent Lizard story are good stories that stick out to me, off the top of my head.
new ways to die was awesome. i loved that story. shed was great as well. spider island could have been better
add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

The_Ghost
Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:29:00 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
Joined: 6/17/2007 | Posts: 18,988 | Points: 56,739
Is Eddie Brock still dead?


Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
BurningDoom
Saturday, September 29, 2012 12:02:11 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
The_Ghost wrote:
Is Eddie Brock still dead?


He became Anti-Venom which cured him of his cancer, then I heard that in Spider-Island (which I personally missed out on) that he lost the Anti-Venom symbiote. Never heard he died, though. I hope that's not the case. He's Venom. Flash Thompson can never really replace him.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
fenix1977
Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:41:10 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Joined: 3/16/2007 | Posts: 6,883 | Points: 23,359
BurningDoom wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:
Is Eddie Brock still dead?


He became Anti-Venom which cured him of his cancer, then I heard that in Spider-Island (which I personally missed out on) that he lost the Anti-Venom symbiote. Never heard he died, though. I hope that's not the case. He's Venom. Flash Thompson can never really replace him.



He is kicking around in the current Venom book. He has been bonded to yet another symbiote and is back to being a bad guy..at least that is where things stood when I dropped Venom from my pull list.
crackerjack1
Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:27:33 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: Boston, MA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 2,495 | Points: 1,782,871
So, there is also the most absurd variant ever on this book - 1:700.....

COVER LIST
A) Mr Garcin Collage Standard Cover
B) Marcos Martin ASM 50th Anniversary Cover (Exceed orders of #691)
C) Olivier Coipel Cover (Exceed 150% orders of #691)
D) Marcos Martin Cover (Exceed 175% orders of #691)
E) Humberto Ramos Wraparound Cover (Exceed 200% orders of #691)
F) Steve Ditko 1:200 Cover
G) Joe Quesada 1:700 Cover
Coyote12
Thursday, October 04, 2012 8:12:43 PM
Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member
Joined: 1/11/2010 | Posts: 110 | Points: 330
crackerjack1 wrote:

F) Steve Ditko 1:200 Cover


New Ditko or found old Ditko no one ever saw?
crackerjack1
Friday, October 05, 2012 7:18:43 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: Boston, MA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 2,495 | Points: 1,782,871
Coyote12 wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

F) Steve Ditko 1:200 Cover


New Ditko or found old Ditko no one ever saw?


Unused cover for Amazing Fantasy #15:

Sephritoth
Friday, October 05, 2012 12:47:30 PM
Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Joined: 3/28/2007 | Posts: 110 | Points: 442
that issue is going to be bad news for my wallet.
Thundercron
Friday, October 05, 2012 2:44:42 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,339 | Points: 38,837
Shop at My Store
1:700!?!? How many comic stores are actually going to bite on that? I don't think I've ever heard of an incentive ratio that high.
PCPaperbacks
Friday, October 05, 2012 2:49:06 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Suburbs of Columbus, Ohio
Joined: 3/23/2007 | Posts: 366 | Points: 1,118
No AMS... come on, Spidey is their main character, he will have a monthly comic!

My guess is it will be called one of these names:
Uncanny Spider-man
Amazing Uncanny Spider-man
Uncanny Amazing Spider-man
Uncanny Spider-man vs. Amazing Spider-man
Quote:
"First is fine, but accuracy is everything." Wyatt Erp"


comicuniversity
Friday, October 05, 2012 3:36:52 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 1,683 | Points: 5,824
lol.


$10 says that every single one of you buys it whatever they do.
BurningDoom
Friday, October 05, 2012 9:37:06 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
comicuniversity wrote:
lol.


$10 says that every single one of you buys it whatever they do.


Damn straight. It's Spider-Man. Doesn't mean I'd rather see the original title continue, though.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.339 seconds.
(0.195 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231