Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who Wins in the Forest of Fangorn? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Mandarin 5 45%
Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) 6 54%

SHS 1, Fight 32 - Mandarin Vs Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) in Fangorn Forest Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:34:52 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

b0bafett wrote:
Also something else to keep in mind Mandarin's rings are less effective on objects protected by forcefields.

Wonder girls Gauntlets are used to make a forcefield when needed

I think the ents would leave cassie alone since they would see that she is helping take out the Mandarin since he is hurting the forest

Why would Mandarin care about hurting the forest? That makes no sense at all.

The Ents aren't gonna team with Cassie against Mandarin. The same way you used the logic that Mandarin knows nothing about Cassie, works the other way, too. The Ents don't know Mandarin is a bad guy.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:37:01 PM

icarus201 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
b0bafett wrote:
Im sorry but there is noway he is able to see a speedster. Thats like saying you can see a bullet shot at you n we know you cant

If he was new at this, I'd agree. Except he has experience dealing with speedster. They're not exactly invisible. Whenever we see speedsters in comics, there comes with it a colored blur, such as Flash's red blur or Superman's blue blur. Because of his experience against speedsters, as soon as he sees that blur, he's gonna know EXACTLY what's going on. As I said, this isn't his first rodeo.

I'd like some more info, Doom. What experience? Which speedsters has he ever faced?

Against the Avengers, who he's fought on multiple occasions. Quicksilver and Photon have both been longtime members of The Avengers.

b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:52:04 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quote:

That's the point Mandarin won't care about destroying the forest. So when he starts doing things to destroy the forest its going to piss off the Ents so they will end up coming after him.

Quote:
The Ents aren't gonna team with Cassie against Mandarin. The same way you used the logic that Mandarin knows nothing about Cassie, works the other way, too. The Ents don't know Mandarin is a bad guy.

This is where your wrong. Mandarin would do damage to the forest not knowing that the Ents are there making them come after him, but none of this matters since he would be tied up before he realized what happen. Or knocked out

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:14:26 PM

b0bafett wrote:
Quote:

That's the point Mandarin won't care about destroying the forest. So when he starts doing things to destroy the forest its going to piss off the Ents so they will end up coming after him.

Quote:

This is where your wrong. Mandarin would do damage to the forest not knowing that the Ents are there making them come after him, but none of this matters since he would be tied up before he realized what happen. Or knocked out

Mandarin will be tied up or knocked out by Wonder Girl while her time is slowed down and she's moving at a snail's pace? Unlikely.

And why is Mandarin destroying the forrest? Never in my rationale did I say he was reigning down destruction upon the land.

I said he slows down time around Cassie, and attacks her directly. If he can't hit someone moving in time slower than he is, then he should just give up the super-villain career right now.

b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:51:15 PM

Come on Doom really. He doesn't know cassie so he isn't going to slow down anything. By the time he realizes she is a speedster she has already speed blitz him.

Also even you said why would he care about the forest. This forest moves since it is alive so since Mandarin has no clue of cassie powers he thinks its her in shots fire or ice thinking she might be invisible. This upsets the Ents meaning he would have to fight the Ents in Cassie.

b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:08:18 PM

Also what is Mandarin going to do since really his rings are less effective on objects protected by forcefields.

This fight isn't as easy as your trying to make it out to be. Heck I wish I could've drafted a player where all I did every time was post a picture of 10 rings in say look I win

b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:25:44 PM

Hmm one we are still waiting on you to show us he has fought a speedster

2nd for someone that has a power to slow down tim you would think he would use that on iron man instead of gettin his butt kicked every fight.

Heck has he even used this power?
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:39:28 PM

b0bafett wrote:
Hmm one we are still waiting on you to show us he has fought a speedster

2nd for someone that has a power to slow down tim you would think he would use that on iron man instead of gettin his butt kicked every fight.

Heck has he even used this power?

Not sure why you're still waiting. I mentioned the Avengers, which had Quicksilver and Photon as long time members. And Mandarin has been fighting The Avengers for decades.

As for the slow-down time, check out the Spin Ring description below:

b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:54:59 PM

Like I said just because there is a picture of it doesn't mean he uses that power. That's like saying everything in the wiki is true Also is that the only image you have is a picture of rings? I don't think he has ever beaten a speedster or really fought one.
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:57:44 PM

As for the ring your talking about it says decelarates time around the person wearing the ring. nowhere does it say he will slow Cassie down
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:59:33 PM

Cassie is Wonder Women sister in can keep up with the flashes where since he has never used that ring noone knows how fast he will really move, but I bet its not as fast as your making him out to be
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:05:46 PM

Physical speed is no match against the slowing down of time.

Even if it were, this isn't a race, remember. Mandarin still has all of his projectile and energy based attacks to use while that is going on.

b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:07:03 PM

Yes but those powers are weak to a forcefield that she does have
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:07:41 PM

Either way great fight Doom
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:12:25 PM

I didn't expect it to be this close even. I thought I was gonna be pummeled, since she's not far off from a Kryptonian.

You got that last vote in at the last possible moment, though.

LadyJay
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:44:39 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

With the loss, Burning Doom becomes the 3rd manager eliminated from the tournament.

Thanks for playing Doom. You did a great job and we're going to miss you the rest of the way. I hope you'll continue to chim in for the hinal few fights!!!

Next Fight will post THURSDAY night between Comic Clint (Home) and b0bafett (Visitor).