Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
TOMBSTONE Options
The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:39:00 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

On my way back from New Mexico this past week I made a detour south and went to Tombstone, Arizona. I'm sure everyone knows who lived there and what happen there in the 1800's. Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday, the Cowboy gang and all that. Its a very interesting and somewhat creepy little town. The town has been through a lot and so have the people who lived there around 1880.

I took some pictures that I thought I'd share with you all. I know there are a couple of western fans here so I hope you enjoy these photos. If you've never been to Tombstone, Az...you really need to visit someday.

Main street in Tombstone.

Big Nose Kate's Saloon. Big Nose Kate was Doc Holiday's girlfriend.

Doc Holiday and Big Nose Kate statues.

Stagecoach tour and Tombstone history lesson.

Crystal Palace Hotel/Saloon. A Tombstone hotspot for drinking and gambling back in the 1800's. I believe Wyatt Earp worked here before getting back into law enforcement.

Birdcage Theater. The coolest place in Tombstone. Everything inside is exactly the same as it was when the theater closed. There is a basement where card games were played and the original cards and chips are still on the tables from the last games played there in the 1800's. There are rooms where prostitutes took their customers including Wyatt Earp where he often met Josie who would later become his wife. There are bullet holes in the ceiling and walls throughout the building.

Curly Bill Brocius, leader of the Cowboy gang killed Marshall Fred White here in front of the Birdcage theater.

Morgan Earp was killed here by the Cowboys while Morgan was playing pool.

This was the pool hall where Morgan was playing pool. It was called Hatch's back then.

The famous OK Corral where the Earps and Doc had it out with a few members of the Cowboy gang. The gunfight lasted 30 seconds and left Doc, Morgan, and Virgil injured and 3 Cowboys dead.

One of the actors for the gunfight shows.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:54:45 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

That's pretty cool that all of this has been preserved.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

KingZombie
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:32:20 AM

Groups: Member

So wait, is just main street kept that way or is the whole town one big tourist site? Just wondering if Tombstone ever got developed or became a ghost town that was restored.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:47:52 AM

looks really cool. i saw on the travel channel or history ch. that the bird cage theater is haunted by the people killed in the gun fights.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

dunleavy75
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:00:04 PM

Sweet! That's my favorite Western movie!

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:15:35 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

The majority of the town actually caught fire and a lot of the original buildings burned down. They were restored for the most part. The Birdcage survived the fire and the building is the same way it was in the 1880's. Everything inside is original. I've heard that the Birdcage is haunted as well as a few hotels and saloons there.

The pics I took are just of mainstreet but the whole town is pretty much a tourist attraction. The old courthouse is still there. Behind the courthouse is a courtyard where they hung people. Tombstone was the first town to hang a woman who was convicted of murdering her father.
Other sites there are the Tombstone Epitaph Newspaper, Boot Hill graveyard and Doc Holiday's apartment.

The original home of Wyatt Earp stood for years in Tombstone until a few years ago when some kids set it on fire and destroyed it.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation