Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Can't get a seller to respond?? I already paid but not getting shipped. Options
Completegibberish
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 10:50:23 PM
Groups: Member

Wondering if the OP got his issue resolved.
Took me 2 weeks to get a paypal refund over mine. Contacted staff about this seller. Sellers feedback has gone down the tank over the last few days as well. He has 4 villains in a row for the same issue. I wish he had simply communicated
4saken1
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 12:24:25 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Completegibberish wrote:
Took me 2 weeks to get a paypal refund over mine. Contacted staff about this seller. Sellers feedback has gone down the tank over the last few days as well. He has 4 villains in a row for the same issue. I wish he had simply communicated

My understanding is that CCL would shut down stores in situations like this in order to protect the reputation of the site......

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 6:58:16 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

4saken1 wrote:
Completegibberish wrote:

My understanding is that CCL would shut down stores in situations like this in order to protect the reputation of the site......

I sent Steve a PM once I figured out which store it is. I also saw their location is in New York, so I wonder if they are even able to access their store at this point. I realize the problems started before the storm, but maybe they were perpetuated by it after. I have family that still doesn't have power (yes, now 11 days later).

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
4saken1
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 8:55:31 AM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:

I sent Steve a PM once I figured out which store it is. I also saw their location is in New York, so I wonder if they are even able to access their store at this point. I realize the problems started before the storm, but maybe they were perpetuated by it after. I have family that still doesn't have power (yes, now 11 days later).[/quote]

Yes, they have always had questionable ratings. I've ordered from them before on a few occasions. They were pretty slow in getting here, but they always arrived in good condition. I imagine they were slow in getting the orders out and then the storm hit, further delaying them.....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 11:08:03 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hey guys - just wanted to give you guys an update - I had the chance to speak with the owner of Cloud City just a minute ago by phone and one of his employees that was handling order basically didn't communicate with him that orders had gotten behind. He informed me that ALL orders that have been paid for have been shipped personally by him and should be arriving to all buyers in the next day or two. Additionally, I've asked him to personally update everyone in the Seller's Corner and make sure they let everyone know what's going on.

In this particular case, the store seems to be making amends and it was an honest mistake of miscommunication and logistics...however, I will continue to monitor the store and make sure everything is on the up and up for the time being. He was a very nice guy and was very apologetic for the problems. I appreciate the membership keeping me informed and again, I'm watching this closely.

bovard
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 12:29:06 PM

Shop at My Store

A transaction date, next to the individual feedback ratings would be extremely helpful.

Also, in this particualar situation, the sellers response does not explain the history of poor comunication/poor customer service... Seems to me there's more going on here then just an employee who "got behind on orders."

At least the seller is stating that there was a problem, and he has fixed it. I guess the future feedback will show if that's the case.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 1:29:28 PM

Shop at My Store

bovard wrote:
A transaction date, next to the individual feedback ratings would be extremely helpful.

Also, in this particualar situation, the sellers response does not explain the history of poor comunication/poor customer service... Seems to me there's more going on here then just an employee who "got behind on orders."

At least the seller is stating that there was a problem, and he has fixed it. I guess the future feedback will show if that's the case.

I don't think there was any purposedul malicious intent at all unless I'm just a poor judge of character. He openly said that while he did have some damage due to the storms that that played no factor in the reason why the books didn't ship out. It would have been easy to use that as an excuse however he admitted the problem occurred from the employee he had not doing his job staying in communication with him. I guess the community can read his response when he posts and then judge for themselves how they wish to proceed with him as a seller. On our end, I have talked to some real winners in the past in situations like this but this gentleman was completely understanding and most importantly informed of how the problem was being rectified.

b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:08:28 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

I would love to see this happen. I think some people like me stay away from some stores because of feedback ratings, but if I was able to see that those neg. feedbacks was from a year ago in hasn't had any since I would be more willing to give them a try.
Completegibberish
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 1:46:49 PM

The_Valiant_One wrote:
bovard wrote:

I don't think there was any purposedul malicious intent at all unless I'm just a poor judge of character. He openly said that while he did have some damage due to the storms that that played no factor in the reason why the books didn't ship out. It would have been easy to use that as an excuse however he admitted the problem occurred from the employee he had not doing his job staying in communication with him. I guess the community can read his response when he posts and then judge for themselves how they wish to proceed with him as a seller. On our end, I have talked to some real winners in the past in situations like this but this gentleman was completely understanding and most importantly informed of how the problem was being rectified.

The issue I had was 3 weeks before the storm
The other feedback was issued by other members prior to the storm as well as I was checking his store each day in order to see if he made a post on his store front to explain if something bad had happened and I would seek to re-do my purchase and revise my feedback.

I know you want to give a guy some slack,but if they jump on any life rope and ride it like a pony when it doesn't apply, it sort of carries more weight than no communication itself. The fact his feedback has been going like this, hit or miss, for 2 months now...well...again,maybe he will straight his self out.

Thanks for looking into it. Maybe he will handle people better this time.
Thundercron
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:00:51 PM

Shop at My Store

Re-read Steve's post. The guy did NOT blame the storm, rather an alleged bad employee going back over time.

We'll just have to see what the future holds....
comicfan17blue
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:18:53 PM

The_Valiant_One wrote:
Hey guys - just wanted to give you guys an update - I had the chance to speak with the owner of Cloud City just a minute ago by phone and one of his employees that was handling order basically didn't communicate with him that orders had gotten behind. He informed me that ALL orders that have been paid for have been shipped personally by him and should be arriving to all buyers in the next day or two. Additionally, I've asked him to personally update everyone in the Seller's Corner and make sure they let everyone know what's going on.

In this particular case, the store seems to be making amends and it was an honest mistake of miscommunication and logistics...however, I will continue to monitor the store and make sure everything is on the up and up for the time being. He was a very nice guy and was very apologetic for the problems. I appreciate the membership keeping me informed and again, I'm watching this closely.

This is too bad as Cloud City has some books I was looking for, but I will wait see if Cloud City posts any information in the Seller's Corner forum before making a purchase.
injunpana
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:10:17 PM

The_Valiant_One wrote:

Since you've already named the store then I guess it's okay now for me to say that I have the same experience with this store too. My order has been three weeks now and I still haven't received it. I PMed them more than a week ago and I see that it's been left unread. I came here to research on how I was to go about solving this problem when I saw this thread.

Since you've talked to the owner and he said he'd already sent those paid orders, then I guess I'll just wait for a little more than a week more before I do anything else.

It brings to mind another store, Canarynest or something, which I don't see anymore on CCL. I bought almosty $200 worth of comics and they never sent me the comics and didn't answer PMs. I guess they planned it that way because they were planning to close their store anyway.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:59:44 PM

Shop at My Store

IMO we should have a link to Paypal tracking, even better would be a rating for what % of orders added tracking within 3 days. If the rating is 0% then you know in advance it might be a while. Would also eliminate the practice of marking orders as shipped before they're actually shipped which I've noticed more of lately.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:44:49 PM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
IMO we should have a link to Paypal tracking, even better would be a rating for what % of orders added tracking within 3 days. If the rating is 0% then you know in advance it might be a while. Would also eliminate the practice of marking orders as shipped before they're actually shipped which I've noticed more of lately.

+1

Excellent idea, Doug! Even if CCL is unable to track PayPal transactions, I imagine theoretically this could be monitored by how soon sellers click the 'Shipped' button after an order is placed. At ComicVortex, all orders placed before 9PM ship out on the next business day, but I realize that some online stores only ship orders once or twice a week depending on their proximity to a Post Office. To that extent, I would suggest 5 days instead of 3.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:55:39 AM

Shop at My Store

injunpana wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

Since you've already named the store then I guess it's okay now for me to say that I have the same experience with this store too. My order has been three weeks now and I still haven't received it. I PMed them more than a week ago and I see that it's been left unread. I came here to research on how I was to go about solving this problem when I saw this thread.

Since you've talked to the owner and he said he'd already sent those paid orders, then I guess I'll just wait for a little more than a week more before I do anything else.

It brings to mind another store, Canarynest or something, which I don't see anymore on CCL. I bought almosty $200 worth of comics and they never sent me the comics and didn't answer PMs. I guess they planned it that way because they were planning to close their store anyway.

I take stuff like this very seriously. Since I spoke to him personally, I expect his word to be the truth and his bond. Once that trust is strained, I start locking and closing. Let's see what happens.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:05:08 AM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:

My personal opinion: all that is ok...but even on EBAY tracking isn't necessary unless the seller provides it OR have to provide it when given a dispute. At the end of the day any compensation for a problem order will ultimately be settled during the Paypal dispute process anyway. If you're communicating with your buyers and doing basic store management, I don't think there's a need for all that jazz, is there? Before you say "why not?" or "yes of course" remember...we provide the technology for the stores to MAKE the money, but ultimately a store is responsible for their sales and interaction with their customers. If you sell a book, you send the book. It's not rocket science.

There's a store update coming that will give customers a little "head-up" to a potential problem store. Personally, I think it helps out alot.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:49:59 PM

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

My personal opinion: all that is ok...but even on EBAY tracking isn't necessary unless the seller provides it OR have to provide it when given a dispute. At the end of the day any compensation for a problem order will ultimately be settled during the Paypal dispute process anyway. If you're communicating with your buyers and doing basic store management, I don't think there's a need for all that jazz, is there? Before you say "why not?" or "yes of course" remember...we provide the technology for the stores to MAKE the money, but ultimately a store is responsible for their sales and interaction with their customers. If you sell a book, you send the book. It's not rocket science.

I'm not speaking as a seller here but as a buyer. As an example, I placed a $150 order on 10/16, it was marked as shipped 10/20, label was printed 11/1. I'm guessing it's maybe the 20th order this year where I've seen that. My personal guess is that sellers do it so they don't have customers PM'ing them to ask when their order will ship. On Ebay, if I want to stay top rated I have to upload tracking within 1 day of payment. If CCL wants to make this a more buyer friendly site that's an area they should look at.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:51:01 PM

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

There's a store update coming that will give customers a little "head-up" to a potential problem store. Personally, I think it helps out alot.

I appreciate Steve's thoughts on this. I'm an old school kind of guy--I have to be dragged kicking and screaming into new technologies. That extends to my store--I don't use Paypal to print my shipping labels, I don't use online postage. I use Delivery Confirmation, and I'll provide that number upon request. I don't think a store should be penalized just because they don't jump through all the hoops that companies like Paypal and others want you to just to sell a comic. Like Steve said, it's not rocket science--you sell the book, you send the book.

I've been buying comics through the mail since the late 1980's. Long before the internet or ebay or Paypal and all their silly measures to "protect" the buyer. I never once had a bad experience back then because all the bad sellers got weeded out on their own--the same will happen today. Have a bad experience--leave negative feedback, file a claim, the seller will disappear.
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:41:06 PM

The_Valiant_One wrote:

I vote poor judge of character, lol

I had same problem with seller back in July and had to contact you to get comics shipped, and received same excuses.
Like you I decided to not judge the store and leave negative feedback, thinking maybe one time thing.

Sadly now I have another order with no shipping and zero replies to emails.

Stores that ship slow I can understand, but when you ignore CS as well, then they should just go.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:54:53 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

I vote poor judge of character, lol

I had same problem with seller back in July and had to contact you to get comics shipped, and received same excuses.
Like you I decided to not judge the store and leave negative feedback, thinking maybe one time thing.

Sadly now I have another order with no shipping and zero replies to emails.

Stores that ship slow I can understand, but when you ignore CS as well, then they should just go.

Freakdylan, is this with the same store?

And HEY. lol