Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » Manga update?????
NC_ALCHEMIST
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:55:29 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member
Joined: 3/20/2012 | Posts: 2 | Points: 67
One reason I bought this software was because I could put my manga and comics in the same place. But I've noticed that y'all never update the manga info. Just wondering what's up with that
Tamwood
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:23:45 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: Indiana
Joined: 11/13/2009 | Posts: 1,951 | Points: 208,434
If something needs updated, feel free to add it/update it within the database. That's the beauty of CCL ... the database is more-or-less run by the members.

There don't seem to be many people on CCL who are interested in Manga. This could be an area where you could really help .
Xylob
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:01:48 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Joined: 8/12/2007 | Posts: 8,643 | Points: 74,979
Indeed - "y'all" includes you my friend.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Dementia5
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:44:06 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Subscriber
Location: Boston
Joined: 2/7/2007 | Posts: 3,388 | Points: 11,735
Tamwood wrote:
If something needs updated, feel free to add it/update it within the database. That's the beauty of CCL ... the database is more-or-less run by the members.

There don't seem to be many people on CCL who are interested in Manga. This could be an area where you could really help .


I do not this is true. I do think, however, that the volume of work required (entering data) is intimidating for many.
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son





We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...



Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

Tamwood
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:01:02 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: Indiana
Joined: 11/13/2009 | Posts: 1,951 | Points: 208,434
Dementia5 wrote:
Tamwood wrote:
If something needs updated, feel free to add it/update it within the database. That's the beauty of CCL ... the database is more-or-less run by the members.

There don't seem to be many people on CCL who are interested in Manga. This could be an area where you could really help .


I do not this is true. I do think, however, that the volume of work required (entering data) is intimidating for many.


Which part don't you think is true? That the database content is input by site members? That there aren't many Manga-loving members? Or that his input would be a big help?

I don't think that the data entry is that intimidating. I think most people (and I'm certainly not saying this about the OP, because I don't know him) are just lazy, and would rather someone else take care of it for them.
Xylob
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:01:32 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Joined: 8/12/2007 | Posts: 8,643 | Points: 74,979
I don't think that manga fans are a major percentage of the user base here, but I know there are certainly some regulars that are into it.
As for the data input, I was certainly intimidated when I submitted my first CR and there was a bit of a learning curve - but the system has changed greatly since then and it's much easier to add to the database now.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Dementia5
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:26:58 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Subscriber
Location: Boston
Joined: 2/7/2007 | Posts: 3,388 | Points: 11,735
Tamwood wrote:
Dementia5 wrote:
Tamwood wrote:
If something needs updated, feel free to add it/update it within the database. That's the beauty of CCL ... the database is more-or-less run by the members.

There don't seem to be many people on CCL who are interested in Manga. This could be an area where you could really help .


I do not this is true. I do think, however, that the volume of work required (entering data) is intimidating for many.


Which part don't you think is true? That the database content is input by site members? That there aren't many Manga-loving members? Or that his input would be a big help?

I don't think that the data entry is that intimidating. I think most people (and I'm certainly not saying this about the OP, because I don't know him) are just lazy, and would rather someone else take care of it for them.
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son





We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...



Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

b0bafett
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:34:49 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member
Joined: 2/23/2007 | Posts: 1,571 | Points: 4,995
Quote:
I don't think that the data entry is that intimidating. I think most people (and I'm certainly not saying this about the OP, because I don't know him) are just lazy, and would rather someone else take care of it for them.


Its not that people are lazy it has to do with alot of other things that I'm not going to get into because I don't want this turning into a flame war.
NC_ALCHEMIST
Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:58:33 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member
Joined: 3/20/2012 | Posts: 2 | Points: 67
Thanks for the input ... I don't mind adding stuff myself ... But It will for sure be alot of work.
Tamwood
Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:30:59 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: Indiana
Joined: 11/13/2009 | Posts: 1,951 | Points: 208,434
NC_ALCHEMIST wrote:
Thanks for the input ... I don't mind adding stuff myself ... But It will for sure be alot of work.


It could be a lot of work, but if you're really into Manga, then you'd be an excellent resource for the database. About the only "manga" i know about is Gunsmith Cats and Oh My Goddess, and even then, I haven't touched any of it in 20 years.
Xylob
Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:10:04 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Joined: 8/12/2007 | Posts: 8,643 | Points: 74,979
Tamwood wrote:
NC_ALCHEMIST wrote:
Thanks for the input ... I don't mind adding stuff myself ... But It will for sure be alot of work.


It could be a lot of work, but if you're really into Manga, then you'd be an excellent resource for the database...
Sure 'nuff - we've been looking for a manga expert for quite some time. Thought we had one for a second, but then he left.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Users browsing this topic
Guest

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.444 seconds.
(0.346 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231