Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Where is Brett's Comic Pile? Options
Dbuckley
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:35:16 PM
Groups: Member

Store was on vacation, came back for two weeks, and has been gone since then. Anybody know where they are?
Peacefuldragon
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 1:40:25 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Wondering that myself???

If all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.
Thundercron
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 5:28:59 AM

Shop at My Store

I think it has everything to do with this:

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=38164

Seems Brett managed to incite the ire of customers, CCL management, and his fellow dealers. Way to go, Brett!Applause
Warlock
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 6:55:18 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

From my reading of the thread, seems Brett got a heap of disdain from his fellow sellers, and decided he didn't like the company.

I read the thread. Brett did what he did in the absence of any clear CCL policy to the contrary. Has he ticked off some customers here? No doubt. I have done well over 700 purchases on CCL over the years with numerous shops, and many of them with Brett.

I have read the negative feedback which earns shops villain points. I see how the range of perceived wrongs is from microscopic to colossal. Brett does not fall into the bad side of this range, by a long shot.

Have I ever had problems with Brett? Sure. Have they always offered to rectify them? Yes, something that cannot be said of every shop on CCL.

Brett had some qualities that not many other CCL shops do, and if you are all standing around feeling proud that you have drummed him out, think again. CCL is the worse for it.

My 2 cents.
comicscastle
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 7:27:31 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I don't think he's gone, just restructuring. He had a lot of inventory problems due to running shows and a CCL store. I think he is just getting organized a little better.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

fenix1977
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 8:37:12 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

comicscastle wrote:
I don't think he's gone, just restructuring. He had a lot of inventory problems due to running shows and a CCL store. I think he is just getting organized a little better.

What Pat said. I would be shocked if he just up and left. From my dealings with Brett I could only put forth the guess that if anything he will take what was said in the thread and make changes.

You can like him or hate him but Brett has never done wrong by me and always worked with me if a problem popped up. If he has issues with his inventory then taking the store down or putting it on vacation until it is fixed is a responsible move on his part.

Mad Bloggings

frozilla
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 4:02:43 PM

He *did* ask for feedback and I'm sure it was understood there would be plenty of negative. Another thing to consider is that just because someone disagrees with your business practices doesn't mean it's personal.I voiced my opinion that I didn't agree with what was done but I don't think less of him as a person for it. It's his business.

I find it hard to believe that someone would take that to heart and run away, especially since he'd been here for awhile and had numerous customers.

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
Jim
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 4:09:16 PM

I'm fairly sure that he's just going over his inventory and his pricing structure.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Completegibberish
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:28:19 PM

I was grateful for the link

Now if Donovan would open back up, everything would be as it should be again :)

CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:41:37 PM

Shop at My Store

My feelings are similar to Warlock, depends how bad Brett's temper is, would he sacrifice 3 grand in listing fees & a ton of labor to prove a point? He mentioned a need for dynamic pricing similar to the other big stores & since he won't find it here he may be exploring options. Comics are a hot biz, I'm sure he has enough $ to choose whatever path he wants.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

fastballspecial27
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:27:30 AM

Bought from him at least 20 times with a couple of issues, nothing really too large a grade here or there a little off. From what I read a couple of buyers just went overboard on that guy because they were trying to buy mass amounts of a book. He answers every PM I send him and packs well which is better then most of the sellers I have bought from on here.
spacecitycomics
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:27:45 AM

fastballspecial27 wrote:
Bought from him at least 20 times with a couple of issues, nothing really too large a grade here or there a little off. From what I read a couple of buyers just went overboard on that guy because they were trying to buy mass amounts of a book. He answers every PM I send him and packs well which is better then most of the sellers I have bought from on here.

Wave
db8coach
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 11:15:30 AM

Comic Pile is the reason I don't buy here. I ordered about 70 bucks of comics with him that I never received. After a long argument, to whit BCC claims to not be in the wrong...Paypal discovered the comics were never sent and a postal inquiry showed that someone on their end was trying to claim the insurance on "lost items" a week after the order was "shipped." The whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth about BCP and CCL in general.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 11:50:25 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Please don't judge the entire site on your disappointing experience with one Seller. I don't blame you for being upset, you have every reason to be and I would be too if I were in your shoes. But you should definitely try another store or two before you abandon the whole site. I think you would be surprised at how many quality Sellers we have here that actually care about their customers.

If you are concerned then I would recommend before buying you should take a quick look at individual Store Ratings. You will see that there are plenty of stores that go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.

I respectfully ask you to give us another shot.

Thank you,
Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 1:14:51 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Agreed.

One seller on here...Alphacomics...is on my absolute preferred comic sources list and a few others are really good too (Bamf!!! and comics4less spring to mind immediately).

give them (and others) a shot before giving up entirely.
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 3:03:24 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Hey clint did you ever get with anyone with ccl to help you out?
pottersan
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 6:36:31 PM

Shop at My Store

comicuniversity wrote:
Agreed.

One seller on here...Alphacomics...is on my absolute preferred comic sources list and a few others are really good too (Bamf!!! and comics4less spring to mind immediately).

Blush

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
dunleavy75
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 7:00:21 PM

pottersan wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
Agreed.

Blush

Applause Applause Applause

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 7:05:30 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

comicuniversity wrote:
Agreed.

Agreed. I've bought comics from all 3 of those shops. Great deals, too. I'd also add BlueMoonComics to your list.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
pottersan
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 7:09:00 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
Agreed.

Agreed. I'd also add BlueMoonComics to your list.
they are on my list as well!

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics