Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Ultimate Marvel Super Hero Toy Collectors' Guide: Year Three or not Year Three Options
monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:46:56 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The indica uses :Year Three

Other sites leave it off and just list this as issue 3 which is also in the indica.

The indica says 1995
The alternate page shows 1993 which implys this is issue 3 of a title starting in 1993.

How do you want it titled and what year in the title?

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:57:59 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

monidaw1 wrote:

The indica uses :Year Three

Other sites leave it off and just list this as issue 3 which is also in the indica.

The indica says 1995
The alternate page shows 1993 which implys this is issue 3 of a title starting in 1993.

How do you want it titled and what year in the title?

No, that implys that 1993 was Year Three of the Marvel Toy Biz line. Year One was 1991, Year Two was 1992, Year Three was 1993, and Year Four was 1994. It has nothing to do with the publish date. Those 4 issues I just mentioned were all published in 1995 so 1995 would be the year in the title.

It took me all of 2 minutes to learn that information by using the wonderful Internet.

monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 6:16:17 PM

Shop at My Store

So you're saying go with 1995 and 5 issues in the title as well as the :Year Three since there's probably or at least theoretically two other titles out there somewhere named :Year Two and :Year One and this particular Year Three has 5 issues based on toys from 1993.

Quote:
It took me all of 2 minutes to learn that information by using the wonderful Internet.

Technically I asked on the internet in under a minute so I saved a minute to use fixing it be submitted the way the internet advice feels it should be. Big Grin

comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:01:26 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

monidaw1 wrote:
So you're saying go with 1995 and 5 issues in the title as well as the :Year Three since there's probably or at least theoretically two other titles out there somewhere named :Year Two and :Year One and this particular Year Three has 5 issues based on toys from 1993.

I don't think that's what he's saying. Don't do anything until he responds again, but I only see where he mentioned 4 issues. I'm thinking there are 4 issues total published in 1995 and the title should exclude the "YEAR THREE" part.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:15:16 PM

Shop at My Store

It's been a loooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg day. I think I'll not do anything even longer, like maybe until 5 AM in the morning.
Goodnight.

Wave Yawn

scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:57:05 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

comicscastle wrote:
monidaw1 wrote:

I don't think that's what he's saying. Don't do anything until he responds again, but I only see where he mentioned 4 issues. I'm thinking there are 4 issues total published in 1995 and the title should exclude the "YEAR THREE" part.

Pat nails it - there appear to be 4 issues all published in 1995. I'd wager a guess that they have "YEAR ONE:" in the #1 issue indicia, "YEAR TWO:" in the #2 indicia, etc. Since Marvel is known to do some wacky crap in the indicia though, I'm not going to stand as that being an fact. All we've got as proof, right now, is the issue you scanned and posted.

I'd prefer to drop the "YEAR THREE:" part, but I was leaving that open for discussion. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of Marvel will chime in.

monidaw1
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:45:37 AM

Shop at My Store

Thank you. Do nothing even longer. Got it.

Back to loading books while chanting
WE WANT DALLAS, WE WANT DALLAS, WE WANT DALLAS,
R, G, 3, R, G, 3, R, G, 3,
WE WANT DALLAS, WE WANT DALLAS, WE WANT DALLAS

SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:23:54 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I agree with the idea of dropping the Year Three part since it just seems like a restatement of the issue number.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5