Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
MTG Incomplete Card Lists Options
komohah
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:36:59 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

padreglcc wrote:
A note about the story arcs for MtG cards - Most of the older cards say "Summon" when it's a creature card. That language is no longer used and if the card was released in a later set, the card type is probably changed. We decided some time ago that what's actually printed on the card should go in the story arc field, but that the most recent, tournament legal type can also be added.

Although I can't see it written in the Guidelines, I believe it was agreed that any revision to card types by WotC can only be added to the Story Arc field on the proviso that the information for both versions of the card are added to the Bio. The first being the information that appears on the actual card itself (using the format in the Guidelines) and sourced as Front of card. The second using the WotC's Oracle changes and sourced as gatherer.wizards.com (as in this example: Fallen Empires (Base Set)30-A). Big Grin
scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:17:58 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

komohah wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
A note about the story arcs for MtG cards - Most of the older cards say "Summon" when it's a creature card. That language is no longer used and if the card was released in a later set, the card type is probably changed. We decided some time ago that what's actually printed on the card should go in the story arc field, but that the most recent, tournament legal type can also be added.

Although I can't see it written in the Guidelines, I believe it was agreed that any revision to card types by WotC can only be added to the Story Arc field on the proviso that the information for both versions of the card are added to the Bio. The first being the information that appears on the actual card itself (using the format in the Guidelines) and sourced as Front of card. The second using the WotC's Oracle changes and sourced as gatherer.wizards.com (as in this example: Fallen Empires (Base Set)30-A). Big Grin

Now that sounds familiar. That I remember.

padreglcc
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 9:16:36 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

scotteaves wrote:
komohah wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

Now that sounds familiar. That I remember.

+1 Thanks for the save, komohah!

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.