Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
MTG Cards Options
43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:56:05 AM

Groups: Member

Was just wondering as I am fairly new to the site if people were buying/selling Magic The Gathering Cards on here? I currently sell them on another site as its for the most part free there but if there is interest I would love to put all my stuff in one place.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convince the world he didn't exist"

www.43rdstreetmtgcards.com

www.43rdstreetcomicbooks.com

scotteaves
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:49:12 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

I know there are some sellers here who have them listed. Sorry I can't speak to how they are selling because I don't have that info.

The more that are listed for sale though, the better the chances of drawing more MTG buyers to the site.

Jim
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:52:23 AM

I have some up and will be listing more. Have yet to actually sell any though.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Tamwood
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:29:55 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

The problem with listing Magic cards is that this database isn't set up for non-comic books. It really isn't. And I believe that it makes selling anything except comic books very difficult. Especially toys and cards. Double especially non-comic cards.

First, most of the Magic cards that I've seen listed are commons, which most Magic collectors/players have in abundance. That means that they're not likely to sell. Secondly, there's no way to easily search for the cards. We put the name of the card in the Caption field, and the rarity in the Content field, but neither of those fields are searchable.

In order to find a card you're looking for, you'd have to know WHICH set it was from (and some card titles are in multiple sets), and you'd have to know which CARD number it is. And a lot of people don't know the cards are numbered. The owner of a game shop that I frequent in town didn't know they were numbered until I pointed it out while searching for a certain card.

Jim
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:12:52 AM

Yeah thats definitely a problem. I had to create shelves in my store and get them seperated by release in order to keep any sense about them. I do have a stack of $10-$30 cards that I need to list, hopefully it will draw some attention.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:15:24 AM

Yea I noticed that you cant search by card name, to find a couple off hand I literally had to search by Expansion which is probably a turn off to any potential buyers as it would be tomuch work for the buyer.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convince the world he didn't exist"

43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2013 11:44:21 PM

Ok I see that later sets and expansions have numbers on the cards but the early sets expansions have no numbers, how are the numbers determined and is there any way to add cards without these? Cant they just be searched by the card name in the system? Would make it a lot easier then the current way.

Tamwood
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:19:38 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Alphabetical within color. Then, colors as follows: White, blue, black, red, green, multi-colored (Gold), true multi (newer sets), land.
padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:55:58 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Subscriber

Unfortunately, you can't search by card name. You can use the "Story Arc" field to look for cards using their type. You can search for "Interrupt," "Instant," "Cleric," "Artifact Creature," etc.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:54:22 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

To add to padreglcc's response, unfortunately, you can't search by card number either.

The only searches to find information on specific issues on CCL are Story Arc, Character, and Credit fields. I know many of us have requested the ability to search within the Caption/Card Title field.

43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:28:51 AM

Well I guess I'll just have to wait til they come out with either an update to the current software or new software altogether that improves the way theyre added, cause atm I am listing them on another site so far Ive gotten through 16,346 cards and Im about 2/3 of the way through all of them. I cant justify a penny per card if its gonna be a pain in the butt to add them.

scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:00:54 AM

43rdStreetComicBooks wrote:
Well I guess I'll just have to wait til they come out with either an update to the current software or new software altogether that improves the way theyre added, cause atm I am listing them on another site so far Ive gotten through 16,346 cards and Im about 2/3 of the way through all of them. I cant justify a penny per card if its gonna be a pain in the butt to add them.

What do you mean by a pain in the butt to add them? Please elaborate. Are you having trouble figuring out what series they are from? Finding them in the database?

43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:19:40 AM

Where Im currently listing them all I need is card title thats it, not having to search through the whole set to see if its there by card number, which honestly is a bad method in my opinion, or if I have to add it.

scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:03:34 PM

Where Im currently listing them all I need is card title thats it, not having to search through the whole set to see if its there by card number, which honestly is a bad method in my opinion, or if I have to add it.

Let me guess, ebay?

Please keep in mind that this is a comic collecting database primarily. That means 2 things: 1) because it is a database, everything needs a unique identifier which is the Issue number and 2) because it was designed with comics in mind originally, everything else (action figures, statues, trading cards, CCG cards) have been shoehorned into an existing structure.

Most card sets (whether trading or CCG) have a numbering scheme so it does make sense to follow a numbering scheme. Where there is NOT a printed number on the card, we have chosen to follow the order that the manufacturer uses on their printed checklists.

I'm hoping that there will be changes in the future to allow us to better add CCG cards (and eventually Miniatures). Some things I am hoping for: ability to search by #, card title, search by rarity, have the stats added in searchable fields.

43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:16:42 PM

Actually Ive stopped using feebay, no I post them on CardShark.com

scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:42:20 PM

Cool - another place I can use to try and track down some elusive cards. thanks.

43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 2:03:15 PM

Not a problem, my name on there is bpotter, Im still in the process of adding my cards just finished 3rd of 4 boxes of white and then will be on to black and land cards. Red, green, blue and artifacts, gold and colorless cards already posted. If I have something you want shoot me a message sure we can work out a deal. Everything is shipped via USPS first class in padded envelopes cards are covered with cardboard.

pottersan
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:59:18 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

scotteaves wrote:

Cool - another place I can use to try and track down some elusive cards. thanks.
Have you tried magic tcgplayer ?

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:29:47 PM

pottersan wrote:
scotteaves wrote:

I'm looking for CCG cards other than Magic (Decipher Star Wars, X-Files). Unfortunately, Cardshark doesn't go back that far...

pottersan
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:34:47 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

scotteaves wrote:
pottersan wrote:
scotteaves wrote:

I'm looking for CCG cards other than Magic (Decipher Star Wars, X-Files). Unfortunately, Cardshark doesn't go back that far...
The original X-Files CCG?

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics