Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Newbie collector looking for Canadian Online Store Options
Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:01:48 AM

Groups: Member

Hello guys! Just found this website and I'm kind of amazed, that's why I decided to join!

I started collecting comics about 2-3 months ago, I own about 10 comics... (lol!). I decided, before continuing collecting, to gather more informations about how all this works, since it can be quite confusing for a newbie to drop into this "world".

I got ASM #70 & #302, from eBay for $20.00 and $0.01 respectively and I also got Marvel Tales #28 & #67 for $10.00 and $0.01 respectively. Other than that, I have more recent issue like Daredevil End of Days #1, Deadpool #61 (vol. 3) and other stuff... nothing to get too excited for I guess!

Anyway... I am looking for online shops like MyComicShop.Com, MidtownComics.Com and MileHighComics.Com; but I want online shops who will not charge zillions of dollars for shipping. I wanted some Daredevil back issues (1964 series). I came up with a $30.00 cart, which was costing an amazing $58 dollar of shipping. 20 issues for $58 dollars. I was discouraged.

So, I want a shop with back issues, good pricing, and a large inventory who is based in Canada so I can get good shipping fees.

I know there is eBay also, but I prefer using it for single issue unless I can find a good seller with many many issues.

Any inputs will be appreciated!

Thanks a lot guys! See you around!
comicfan17blue
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:08:35 AM

You can try comicsamerica.com, they are an online Canadian comic book shop.I have ordered from them twice and it can be hit or miss condition wise. Also new hot books get price increases real quick. Also you can go thru the individual CCL stores here and see which ones will ship to Canada.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:17:31 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Kopfschuss wrote:
Hello guys! Just found this website and I'm kind of amazed, that's why I decided to join!

Hi! Welcome to the site!

I will gladly ship Internationally and have done so many times. But I hate to say it, my friend, shipping from the US to Canada just went up and none of us are too happy about it. I can tell you that in my store I charge only what it costs and nothing more. Most other sellers here that ship outside of the states do the same but you should check first to be sure.

I hope you don't get discouraged, we can always use new comic book fanatics!

I always put a bag and board on the comics which increases the weight and therefore the price, but if you don't want the B&B then I can easily fit 20 comics into a Flat Rate Envelope for only $20.

Good luck!

Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

DRUMCZAR
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:29:06 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Kopfschuss,

WELCOME TO CCL!!! This is a Great Community & hunting Ground for Collector's New & Old.

I carry a very large Inventory of Silver - Modern Age books at Great prices & I do a lot of International Shipping.

I can ship up to 10 books in a Padded Priority Envelope with Packing for Extra Protection, for $21. I could fit more than 10 in it (maybe 15) but then there is no room for other packing to Protect the Books, which is Crucial to keep them safe from Poor Handling, especially when shipping Internationally.

For Larger Orders, 12 - 30 books, in a Priority Medium Flat Rate Box, for $41. I Pay for the Shipping Insurance & Track your Package for You.

I have a Strict Grading Policy & ALL Books are Bagged & Boarded. I'm Currently Running a 25% Off Everything Sale. which can help offset the shipping cost a little. Check out my Store, Bio, & Feedback. I have an Very User Friendly Store Layout, so You can Find what your looking & not have to search thru thousands of listings.

I look Forward to the Opportunity to aid in Your quest of an Awesome Coillection.

Alan

PEACE!+

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
Shadowdodger
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:59:06 PM

Hi! Welcome to CCL!

You can also try Cave Comics right here on CCL. They're based out of ON, Canada.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Kopfschuss
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:29:29 AM

Hey guys! Thanks for your kind words!

I'll be sure to check every shop you mentionned! Mainly, I'd like to collect Deadpool, Daredevil, Cable & Deadpool, AvX and many others. The thing is, since I'm far from a veteran, I want to start slowly. There is no comic shops where I live. The closest one is in Montreal and I'm about 450km from there (280miles for you, US guys :D).

So I kind of have no choice of using Internet & online shops, that's why I want to save as much as possible when it comes to shipping fees, or else, I'll pay more than $5 per issue (shipping included).

Thanks again guys, I'll try to use CCL as a good source to grow my knowledge of Comic books world, which is pretty interesting. It's a shame I just discovered that, at 28...
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:26:43 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Welcome! If you plan it out smartly, you can make the most out of the canadian shipping costs. I've ordered from many shops here, as a matter of fact, I've never bought comics online from anywhere else BUT CCL. Boils down to the fact that I trust the guys & gals selling comics here. Use a bit of common sense, look at the feedback ratings, shipping rates and inventory, and you'll be very pleased with the level of service these shops offer.

I don't know where you live exactly (except that it's in a 450 km radius from Montreal), but if you plan yourself a trip across the border, you can ship a whackload of stuff to the UPS store in ogdensburg. Again, if you plan it, you'll save a ton on shipping and it will make the trip worth it (especially if you order some more things for friends and family and they can pitch in for gas and border fees).

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
Kopfschuss
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:26:45 PM

SpidermanGeek wrote:
Welcome! If you plan it out smartly, you can make the most out of the canadian shipping costs. I've ordered from many shops here, as a matter of fact, I've never bought comics online from anywhere else BUT CCL. Boils down to the fact that I trust the guys & gals selling comics here. Use a bit of common sense, look at the feedback ratings, shipping rates and inventory, and you'll be very pleased with the level of service these shops offer.

I don't know where you live exactly (except that it's in a 450 km radius from Montreal), but if you plan yourself a trip across the border, you can ship a whackload of stuff to the UPS store in ogdensburg. Again, if you plan it, you'll save a ton on shipping and it will make the trip worth it (especially if you order some more things for friends and family and they can pitch in for gas and border fees).

I'm in Chicoutimi... don't know if you know where it is tho Blush

Located in "Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean".

Thanks for your kind word, I'll shop wisely. That's why I joined here. It seems like a very nice community and I'm pretty sure I'll get tons on infos here. I joined another forum a while ago, don't want to sh*t-talk them, but, it's not a very active community, so it's quite boring!

I started to make a list of canadian eBay shops and there is plenty. So I'm pretty sure I'll be fine once I'm fixed with what I'm going to collect and stuff like that. Outside Marvel & DC, I don't know zip about comics, so I have to discover!

I don't want to collect for money but I'd like to have some good issues with a certain value one day... ;)
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:04:57 PM

I spent lot of time lately to find a online shop that ships to Canada without these sky-rocket'd fees that US shop charges. I'm still amazed by the $70 for 15 comics from Midtown Comics...

I really wish Midtown Comics could open a shop in Ontario haha

It's even harder to find comics when you have no LCS in your town...
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:07:25 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Kopfschuss wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

I'm in Chicoutimi... don't know if you know where it is tho Blush

Located in "Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean".

Thanks for your kind word, I'll shop wisely. That's why I joined here. It seems like a very nice community and I'm pretty sure I'll get tons on infos here. I joined another forum a while ago, don't want to sh*t-talk them, but, it's not a very active community, so it's quite boring!

I started to make a list of canadian eBay shops and there is plenty. So I'm pretty sure I'll be fine once I'm fixed with what I'm going to collect and stuff like that. Outside Marvel & DC, I don't know zip about comics, so I have to discover!

I don't want to collect for money but I'd like to have some good issues with a certain value one day... ;)

Wow, you're up there. I might actually be the closest store to you since I'm in VT, if you see some stuff you really want let me know, I'll get you a quote on first class. Wood backing is standard but leaving it out to cut costs is a possibility if you're buying cheapies.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

kisstour03
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:47:15 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

It's posts like this that remind me how lucky I am to live in Canada with the US border just a two minute drive away. And the US post office just another three minutes away after I cross the border. Having a PO box is so convenient. If you have friends that live closer to the US, you may consider checking if they'll check a PO box on the US side for you when you make an order.
Kopfschuss
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 7:31:50 AM

CrossbowComics wrote:

Wow, you're up there. I might actually be the closest store to you since I'm in VT, if you see some stuff you really want let me know, I'll get you a quote on first class. Wood backing is standard but leaving it out to cut costs is a possibility if you're buying cheapies.

Haha, indeed, I'm "up there". Vermont is quite close of Quebec.

That sounds good CrossbowComics... I'll be sure to send you a PM when I'll be ready!

Thanks a lot in advance! :)