Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What's up with this Walking Dead show I keep hearing about? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 10:01:36 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joking!

Wow, I can't wait for Sunday night. This show is the perfect example of how you can translate page to screen. They kept the premise the same and threw in enough changes to keep people on their toes. I mean, I hit the floor when Dale died so early in the series and what happened to Sophia was a jolt. If you already know what's going to happen it lessens the impact and they are doing a good job of keeping things similar enough to the comic that you "kind of" know what's going to happen but still have that doubt over who lives and who gets chomped.

I even got my girlfriend hooked, and she is neither a comic book fan nor a horror buff so that's saying something.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:32:58 PM

Shop at My Store

Who was the mysterious figure who drove the van full of zombies, er I mean "Walkers", into the prison?

Can't wait to see how Merle and Michonne get along. And where was Tyreese?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

supernerdy
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:13:34 PM
Groups: Member

Wondering if the bread truck driver was Lilly (from the comics).. it definitely looked like a woman in the riot gear.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:21:12 PM

Shop at My Store

I agree, I thought it was a woman as well. They really haven't gotten into that yet.

Wow! Morgan finally reappears, I had almost forgotten about him. I'm sure that he will show up again at some point.

So sorry, hitchhiker!

Hall Liquidations

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:32:23 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Did anyone else find this last season a little disappointing?

It lost a lot of the focus on zombies and survival, which I miss. While the Governor was a crazy SOB, I felt like the story was far too stretched out. And the season finale was a bit anti-climactic compared to past season finales of the show.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kevscomics
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:26:54 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
Did anyone else find this last season a little disappointing?

It lost a lot of the focus on zombies and survival, which I miss. While the Governor was a crazy SOB, I felt like the story was far too stretched out. And the season finale was a bit anti-climactic compared to past season finales of the show.

The comics are pretty much the same way as far as being less and less about zombies, I mean ultimately we get to a place where dealing with other people is much more dangerous than dealing with the zombies, and the zombies become just a part of the landscape occasionally popping in here and there to affect the storyline.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 8:04:25 PM

Shop at My Store

Plenty of zombies in the most recent episode.

And...he's back!!!!

Hall Liquidations

4saken1
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 9:55:28 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

One thing I've been kinda scratching my head about is that they're acting like this sickness going around is a virus, yet they sent Daryl and them out to get antibiotics ("medicine ending with cillin or cin" is what he was told) - which don't work on viruses, only bacterial infections! If it's something in the water, antibiotics would possibly help. If the epidemic is caused by a virus, they need to drink lots of water and take asparin or something to get their fever down. Other than that, there's not much that can be done to help those already infected.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:50:05 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Carl again proves why he should be in charge.

Mad Bloggings