Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Diggle and Daniel on Action Comics Options
Grwurz
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 3:07:18 AM

Groups: Member

Is anybody interested in this?

CBR has a previewup and the art looks pretty good. I'm glad they let Daniel draw the book instead of write it and the only guy that DC has who is better than Diggle right now is Snyder.

I have always liked Superman but, for some reason, DC just can't seem to get him right. I sure hope that this creative team and then Snyder and Lee on Superman Unchained give the Last Son of Krypton the push he needs to be relevant in the comics again.

Although I gotta say that calling the book Superman Unchained doesn't give me a ton of faith that DC knows what they are doing with him right now.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
padreglcc
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 9:04:03 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

I think Diggle and Daniel will do a good job. To be honest, even though I'm not a Grant Morrison fan, I've really been enjoying his run on Action Comics. It's really been a good (if convoluted) story that has recreated the Superman mythology for the New 52.

“We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." W. H. Auden

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Grwurz
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 12:43:32 PM

I'm going to have to get the Morrison run. His All-Star Superman was one of the best Superman stories I have ever read so his Action run has got to be decent.

Also I saw this today: CBR's June Superman coversLooks like this is going to be the summer of Superman!

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
padreglcc
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 1:15:27 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Morrison's Action run is, IMO, a great story... but it reads much better as a whole than one issue at a time... almost gave up on it around issue 5 but I'm glad I stuck with it.

In the other Super-books (Superman, Superboy, and Supergirl), the recent 0 issues and the just completed H'el on Earth story line were pretty good and look like they're setting some really cool stuff up for the future. (And I'm seriously loving Rocafort's art on Superman!)

“We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." W. H. Auden

Xylob
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 1:40:03 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

padreglcc wrote:
Morrison's Action run is, IMO, a great story... but it reads much better as a whole than one issue at a time... almost gave up on it around issue 5 but I'm glad I stuck with it.
I've almost given up on it a couple times... It's not Final Crisis bad, but I'm so sick of Morrison's overly-complicated for the sake of being wierd "style".
I half expect his face to pop out of the page and wink at me then say "Aren't I clever?".
yes, yes Grant - ever so clever...
Yawn Rolling Eyes
His Animal Man was great and his run on JLA was phenomenal, but frankly he's just become WAY too full of himself for my tastes.

It doesn't matter if it's 50 Cents or 50 Dollars - if you list it as NM it better be NM.
Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!

Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
padreglcc
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 2:33:06 PM

Xylob wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
I've almost given up on it a couple times... It's not Final Crisis bad, but I'm so sick of Morrison's overly-complicated for the sake of being wierd "style".
I half expect his face to pop out of the page and wink at me then say "Aren't I clever?".
yes, yes Grant - ever so clever...
Yawn Rolling Eyes
His Animal Man was great and his run on JLA was phenomenal, but frankly he's just become WAY too full of himself for my tastes.

Generally speaking, I agree with that. His X-Men stuff a few years back was total garbage. But I just went back and read Action 1-16 as a whole and I was much more impressed than I was the first time I read the issues.

Xylob
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 5:25:35 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'll definitely give it another read through all in one go, but probably not right away.

It doesn't matter if it's 50 Cents or 50 Dollars - if you list it as NM it better be NM.
Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!

Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
Shogun684
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:33:30 AM

I also not feeling the title Superman Unchained but i can't wait to read it I think Snyder and Lee will do a awesome job also I love Daniel's art I really looking forward to there Action Comics run.
chiller67
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:07:22 PM

padreglcc wrote:

Totally agree. I gave up reading it around issue 9 but kept buying, to read later. I have just finished it now and thouroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend it highly, but feel it does work better when read as a whole. When I was reading it monthly, I found it really hard to follow. It really does work when read as a complete story. I must admit, I am a Morrison fan. He's a local lad and it's good to see him doing so well!
Grwurz
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:46:09 PM

Looks like this is over before it begins:

Diggle off Action Comics

That's $4.00 a month I can put toward something else because there is no way in Hell I am ever reading another book written by Tony Daniel.

Come take a look!