Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
First Trailer for The Wolverine is Online (Domestic & International) Options
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:45:23 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/14/2008
Posts: 2,256
Points: 30,168
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWemNKXIou4

Didn't really impress me much, to be honest with you. Part of the theme of the movie is that someone offers Logan the chance to be mortal and not have his healing factor anymore. Which doesn't make sense to me, because I never got the impression in any of the X-Men movies that Logan didn't want his healing factor in order to be "normal". The focus was always on learning who he was and where he came from; I never got the sense that he detested his abilities.
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:19:48 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
I agree about the confusion with wanting his healing factor gone.
But, take the fact that it's Wolverine out of your mind....that trailer looked pretty damned good.
pottersan
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:33:43 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/28/2007
Posts: 4,398
Points: 43,997
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington
Thundercron wrote:
Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWemNKXIou4

Didn't really impress me much, to be honest with you. Part of the theme of the movie is that someone offers Logan the chance to be mortal and not have his healing factor anymore. Which doesn't make sense to me, because I never got the impression in any of the X-Men movies that Logan didn't want his healing factor in order to be "normal". The focus was always on learning who he was and where he came from; I never got the sense that he detested his abilities.
I gave up a long time ago hoping they would do more to satisfy us fanboys with the comic movies.

I just treat these as another alternate universe and put everything I ever learned about the characters on hold and just hope for a good movie.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!



Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:22:20 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/10/2007
Posts: 1,574
Points: 4,722
Looked cool.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:22:07 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,217
Points: 59,329
Location: Redding, CA
Except for seeing The Silver Samurai onscreen, the rest of it looked pretty dull. And as someone else pointed out, why would Wolverine not want his healing factor? It's not like his mutation makes him an outcast like Nightcrawler.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:48:16 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
BurningDoom wrote:
Except for seeing The Silver Samurai onscreen, the rest of it looked pretty dull. And as someone else pointed out, why would Wolverine not want his healing factor? It's not like his mutation makes him an outcast like Nightcrawler.


The way the trailer portrayed it (and, it's just a trailer. We really dont know what happens) is it really isnt his healing factor, per se, but the fact that it has made him immortal. What theJapanese dude is offering him is a chance to die. which, to must of us doesnt sound like a good deal. But, many vampire type movies have taught us that immortality aint always what it's cracked up to be.
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:13:48 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/14/2008
Posts: 2,256
Points: 30,168
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Oh, here's the International Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbzZP-_Ssc

Shows quite a bit more than the domestic.

The Hand! Silver Samurai!

This one makes the movie look a little better to me.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 8:41:44 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 2,360
Points: 8,580
Location: Richmond, VA
You had me with Silver Samurai!

The International trailer looks better for sure.

I'm still a little perplexed about Logan wanting to rid himself of his healing factor...

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.




Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 9:11:18 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
Man, they give away too much in the trailers.

That chick with the sword is deathstrike right.

The old dude aint as benevolent as he seems. He is tricking Wlvie and making him vulnerable so that he can steal the adamantium to give to his daughter and the healing factor to himself.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 9:31:59 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 2,360
Points: 8,580
Location: Richmond, VA
comicuniversity wrote:
Man, they give away too much in the trailers.

That chick with the sword is deathstrike right.

The old dude aint as benevolent as he seems. He is tricking Wlvie and making him vulnerable so that he can steal the adamantium to give to his daughter and the healing factor to himself.


So I wasn't the only one to see through that? Lady Deathstrike was killed in the first movie, I think. Didn't Wolvie pump her full of Admantium?

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.




Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 9:38:09 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,217
Points: 59,329
Location: Redding, CA
MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
Man, they give away too much in the trailers.

That chick with the sword is deathstrike right.

The old dude aint as benevolent as he seems. He is tricking Wlvie and making him vulnerable so that he can steal the adamantium to give to his daughter and the healing factor to himself.


So I wasn't the only one to see through that? Lady Deathstrike was killed in the first movie, I think. Didn't Wolvie pump her full of Admantium?


They don't seem too worried about continuity, after seeing X-Men: First Class. Great movie, but it completely screwed up any continuity they had going.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.340 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231