Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Where is Brett's Comic Pile? Options
ratrapp
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:42:15 AM
Groups: Member

i've personally never had a problem with brett's and he was on my favorites list with comics' castle,west end,untamed worlds and bandd.i personally liked brett's because he had alot of inventory that nobody else had and good prices.i collect comics,not resell them unless i have extra taking up my limited space but sellers are here to make money.i don't like speculators because that was partially what ruined the sports card industry years ago but to each his own.he should have checked the prices better but i had the same thing happen on ebay over some metal men issues so it won't be the first time or last time this happens to anybody.what really sucks is if you paid for something and lose your money and the product.was anybody out any money with bretts?
db8coach
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:00:54 AM

b0bafett wrote:
Hey clint did you ever get with anyone with ccl to help you out?

Yeah, the main guru looked into the whole matter and offered to send me a variant from his shop, which was nice. I didn't take him up on it though seeing how it wasn't him that was causing me the consternation.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:31:20 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Clint,
Thank you for expressing your opinions about BCP in particular and CCL in general. We appreciate the open discussion and welcome everyone's point of view. I hope that you may have reconsidered using Comic Collector Live after seeing that we are a diverse community and have a lot of Sellers here that will look out for you and treat you like a respected member. Of course I would love for you to buy from my store but I also urge you to check out some of our other fine Sellers. I can virtually guarantee that you will have a better experience this time around. Thanks for sticking around and the communication. Hope to see you around!
Howie

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

HeroComics
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:07:09 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

+100
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:09:31 PM

Shop at My Store

ratrapp wrote:
i've personally never had a problem with brett's and he was on my favorites list with comics' castle,west end,untamed worlds and bandd.i personally liked brett's because he had alot of inventory that nobody else had and good prices.i collect comics,not resell them unless i have extra taking up my limited space but sellers are here to make money.i don't like speculators because that was partially what ruined the sports card industry years ago but to each his own.he should have checked the prices better but i had the same thing happen on ebay over some metal men issues so it won't be the first time or last time this happens to anybody.what really sucks is if you paid for something and lose your money and the product.was anybody out any money with bretts?

From what I understand, nobody was out any money over the ASM #365 fiasco. I believe he only honored partial orders at his .99/each rate, and then refunded the rest of the order, and then offered the rest of the issues at a higher rate (at the customer's decision to buy or not). Or something.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:36:47 PM

Shop at My Store

CCL ought to rank sellers by individual items for sale (don't count duplicates) so the incentive isn't there to list 50 or 100 copies of something to move themselves up the rankings. For example, on the store locator it shows Treehouse with 15300 items for sale but if you go to my home page it shows 11000. It's kind of a ticky-tack change but it might help avoid situations like Brett's had. Why else would you list 100, list the 5 or 10 you're actually willing to sell & salt the rest away for a rainy day.

also top rated plus with all 5.0's as ideaman33
grading guaranteed within 1/2 point
KingZombie
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:34:11 PM

Thundercron wrote:
ratrapp wrote:

From what I understand, nobody was out any money over the ASM #365 fiasco. I believe he only honored partial orders at his .99/each rate, and then refunded the rest of the order, and then offered the rest of the issues at a higher rate (at the customer's decision to buy or not). Or something.

In the end Brett shot himself in the foot because that spiked increase for that issue was short lived.
brettscomicpile
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:23:23 AM

Hi, all!

First off, I was unaware of any problems my customers had. I moved to California quite a while back, and left the daily operations to other people. It has NEVER been our policy to stiff our customers. Even our 20,000+ eBay feedback should prove that.

The real reason why the store is not online is because I live in another state, and at the moment I don't want the headache of owning a company. I am still in possession of the inventory, and we are still on "vacation mode". If I find the right staff, and feel compelled to try it again in the future it is all in place. Until then, I have been selling our micro-print run exclusive Adventure Time comics in small doses, and will be setup in San Diego selling the set of Adventure Time Frame Variants I had made up, which include the first ever glow-in-the-dark comic from Boom.

It has been a lot of fun. I said hi to Steve and we had a nice chat at Awesome Con.

Basically my closing of my company had nothing to do with customer feedback or me getting upset over any comments on the boards. I still enjoy comics, and still make it to cons.

I am pretty sure the next two I am doing are HeroesCon and San Diego Comicon, both with NinjaPirateGear Ben!

Best,

Brett
4saken1
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:07:57 PM

Shop at My Store

Good to hear from you, Brett! Hope all is well.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 7:18:32 PM

Shop at My Store

Check out the Store Locator. Who is that on top of Page 1?

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

BruceStokes
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:30:16 PM

I saw his store had reopened and I was compiling a list of stuff to buy from him and now I don't see the store again. Anyone know what is going on?
kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:56:20 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

BruceStokes wrote:
I saw his store had reopened and I was compiling a list of stuff to buy from him and now I don't see the store again. Anyone know what is going on?

yeah, me 2, I noticed it was back, but not any more...
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:21:50 PM

Shop at My Store

They didn't sell much while they were open, items for sale only fell by about 200. I was going to do some shopping & saw the free shipping option was gone, that I'm ok with, the 15 cent per item charge was a turnoff though, should ditch that. I'm guessing it's a bag & board charge.

pottersan
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:29:24 PM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
They didn't sell much while they were open, items for sale only fell by about 200. I was going to do some shopping & saw the free shipping option was gone, that I'm ok with, the 15 cent per item charge was a turnoff though, should ditch that. I'm guessing it's a bag & board charge.
for what's its worth, I have never ordered from Brett's. I stick to those stores in my signature. I actually have 4 great stores to add to that list! I'll add them later tonight...

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:43:31 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:

It was only a few days, no? They may just have needed to go into vacation mode for a variety of reasons.

That said, the inventory was about 1/10th of what it used to be and everything got a 50-100% price increase on top of the shipping fees

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:57:07 PM

Shop at My Store

Full disclosure:

Brett's did reopen this weekend and there were several sales. Sadly, however, it appears that the "Inventory shrinkage" problem that I alluded to in a previous post was more widespread than feared. So, we're taking a short break to find the gaps and adjust inventory so as not to sell items that we no longer have.

We are also anticipating the imminent updates to CCL that will enable us to more efficiently manage our inventory among other things. (It doesn't matter if you believe that updates are coming or not, it won't change the fact that they are coming).

Stay tuned...

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:11:17 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Full disclosure:

Brett's did reopen this weekend and there were several sales. Sadly, however, it appears that the "Inventory shrinkage" problem that I alluded to in a previous post was more widespread than feared. So, we're taking a short break to find the gaps and adjust inventory so as not to sell items that we no longer have.

We are also anticipating the imminent updates to CCL that will enable us to more efficiently manage our inventory among other things. (It doesn't matter if you believe that updates are coming or not, it won't change the fact that they are coming).

Stay tuned...

Howie, do you work for Bretts?, I think I read this way back when, but was just wondering...
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:48:32 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

It was only a few days, no? They may just have needed to go into vacation mode for a variety of reasons.

That said, the inventory was about 1/10th of what it used to be and everything got a 50-100% price increase on top of the shipping fees

The inventory was the same, just over 300k books. I have my hands full with 15k, I can't even imagine having 20 times that. I'd have to hire Mel and 3 of her friends lol.

ebcomix
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:21:31 PM

Shop at My Store

I really can't imagine why anyone cares about Brett's Comic Pile. I've been disappointed in the grading (especially for an Overstreet Advisor, no credit whatsoever) and the games with Shipping marked shipped two or three weeks before it actually goes out the door
ratrapp
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:50:23 PM

I did place an order with brett's but sadly he couldn't find two metal men issues he had listed.