Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Xbox One Options
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:48:04 PM

Groups: Member

b0bafett wrote:
If I read it right the only thing I'm going to hate is the pay to play online for the ps4

Yea I think Sony never added that because they were always behind xbox. Now that they know everyone will jump ship they might as well stick it too us.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Shizz
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:57:12 PM

BurningDoom wrote:

Backwards compatibility is not what everyone is complaining about. They're complaining about the following things:

-It will require a fee to be paid to activate used games, after already having purchased them. Microsoft is being money hungry, for sure, on this one.
Didn't Micro$ say they were leaving this decision to the individual publisher? That the option is available to them to decide how they wanted to handle it. I viewed it as more of a way to combat the 'online pass' BS. Plus I figured it's just a way for M$ to try and entice companies to develop for them instead of the competition since they will help publishers make $$$ back in the used game market.

-It will require you to be connected online to be able to play your XBox One. What does that mean for people with an unreliable connection, people that live in the boonies with no internet, and when servers or internet are down?
This kind of stance really isn't new for them. Even back with the real Xbox'one' they ticked many gamers off by only allowing those with Broadband to be able to take advantage of their online service. While Sony has always let anybody play(until now). This is just another step in the same direction, and it's the direction M$ has been going for some time now. It really doesn't bother me. If you don't have cable/dsl or some kind of BB then good chances are you are not a gamer or at least you are in the severe minority.

-The Kinnect (which is built into the XBox One) is ALWAYS on, even if your console isn't. And there's a camera built in. Very invasive for some people.
Again not a big deal. Many times my pc is always on. Ooh I know it's not a camera, but kind of the same thing. All my Kinnect would see is a dark uninhabited room most of the time.

-And finally, it is only going to be supported in a limited amount of countries.
Which will probably expand as time goes on.

-And to add to that, it's the most expensive console coming out!
Ok, you got me there. This part does suck. I would have thought that they would have learned from their success last gen in this regards.

Sounds like most people here have made up their minds. I personally want to wait and see how things play out. Neither company has shown me anything to sell or axe their system in my minds. Except for the Wii U. This whole almost next gen thing does not do it for me. Though I might eventually get an original Wii at some point.
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:49:23 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

^ You're giving a lot of free passes to them. I sure hope that the rest of the gaming public doesn't have your attitude. Or else the future of gaming looks bleak indeed.

IMO, if I give Microsoft my money, I'm giving them permission to continue to treat their customers in a less than respectable manner.

If I buy a game, I should be able to let a friend borrow it without having to have permission from a company. And if I want to let 2 or 3 people borrow it, I should be able to without being slapped on the wrist and told no. If I buy it, it should then be my property to do with what I want.

If I buy a game used, I shouldn't have to pay for it again. Nearly every single product out there has a used market: Movies, music, books, houses, cars, furniture, clothes (and comics). Heck, CCL itself thrives on a used market. You don't see other companies taking such drastic measures against it. Why does Microsoft think they're so special?

If I paid for a console AND a game, I should be able to have the ability to play them even if my internet sucks. I've already given Microsoft my hard-earned money, yet they feel they have to continually "check-up on me" to make sure I'm not playing someone's game or heaven-fobid play a used a game without giving them their precious activivation fee. And they're shooting themselves in the foot but cutting themselves off from people with unreliable internet connections, people that live in rural areas, low-income families that may not pay for a monthly broadband connection, and even entire sections of some countries.

As for the option for the individual publisher, from what I understand, the option is that certain companies are making marketing deals with places like GameStop and Best Buy to sell their games used there, and they get a chunk of the money.

To me this makes Microsoft seem like a money-grubbing, evil corporation that doesn't care about the customer as long as their making a dime off of them.

So yes, I have already made up my mind on the XBox One. It's a complete failure in my book and Microsoft absolutely will not be getting my money to support their selfish ends.

I am waiting to see how the Wii U and the PS4 pans out before I make a decision on those, however. And as far as I can see, the Wii U looks like a perfectly capable system providing high-resolution HD graphics, not sure how it's a not-quite-next-gen system. I will however admit, that it needs some more "killer apps" before it's purchase worthy.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Reggie
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 6:27:53 AM

BurningDoom wrote:
^ You're giving a lot of free passes to them. I sure hope that the rest of the gaming public doesn't have your attitude. Or else the future of gaming looks bleak indeed.

IMO, if I give Microsoft my money, I'm giving them permission to continue to treat their customers in a less than respectable manner.

If I buy a game, I should be able to let a friend borrow it without having to have permission from a company. And if I want to let 2 or 3 people borrow it, I should be able to without being slapped on the wrist and told no. If I buy it, it should then be my property to do with what I want.

If I buy a game used, I shouldn't have to pay for it again. Nearly every single product out there has a used market: Movies, music, books, houses, cars, furniture, clothes (and comics). Heck, CCL itself thrives on a used market. You don't see other companies taking such drastic measures against it. Why does Microsoft think they're so special?

If I paid for a console AND a game, I should be able to have the ability to play them even if my internet sucks. I've already given Microsoft my hard-earned money, yet they feel they have to continually "check-up on me" to make sure I'm not playing someone's game or heaven-fobid play a used a game without giving them their precious activivation fee. And they're shooting themselves in the foot but cutting themselves off from people with unreliable internet connections, people that live in rural areas, low-income families that may not pay for a monthly broadband family, and even entire sections of some countries.

As for the option for the individual publisher, from what I understand, the option is that certain companies are making marketing deals with places like GameStop and Best Buy to sell their games used there, and they get a chunk of the money.

To me this makes Microsoft seem like a money-grubbing, evil corporation that doesn't care about the customer as long as their making a dime off of them.

So yes, I have already made up my mind on the XBox One. It's a complete failure in my book and Microsoft absolutely will not be getting my money to support their selfish ends.

I am waiting and to see how the Wii U and the PS4 pans out before I make a decision on those, however. And as far as I can see, the Wii U looks like a perfectly capable system providing high-resolution HD graphics, not sure how it's a not-quite-next-gen system. I will however admit, that it needs some more "killer apps" before it's purchase worthy.

Applause

Ditkolad
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 3:11:29 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I cannot wait to purchase mine!

I can replace my PS3 as my media streamer, as well as play nice high end games like METAL GEAR RISING... We ALL know that the video will be superior to the PS3 or PS4, just like before.

but the best part is... I'll be able to play my vast library of Blu-Ray titles!!!

Right?

P.S. Don't forget how cool it is to pay a monthly subscription fee to check if I have legit copies of the games I buy.
Ditkolad
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 3:13:03 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

of course my last post is only kidding, but with Microsoft adopting Apple's biz model so closely, I'm not actually surprized.
Shizz
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 7:45:27 PM

BurningDoom wrote:

I don't feel I'm giving them free passes. I'm just willing to give them a chance to show me exactly how their ideas are going to work/not-work, i.e. before I make my choice on which system I will spend a good part of my future on or at very least call a failure. It also doesn't mean I will give them any of my $$$. They really haven't showed me a whole lot just like the other two. Many of these opinions seemed to have been biased going into E3, and I don't feel Sony really cares much for people either. They seem to be more about 'hey this is what we're not doing' instead of 'hey check out what we are doing'. They just want to undercut M$ like they got undercut last gen.

Now Nintendo, they may care but the big problem I have with the U is my total lack of interest in their tablet controller....well, and games.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:13:01 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Copied & pasted this from a Microsoft news release -

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:46:13 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

CrossbowComics wrote:

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

Just read this too. This is awesome news! It's good to see the consumer does have sway, still.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:16:26 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

Just read this too. This is awesome news! It's good to see the consumer does have sway, still.

Yes, it looks like you have your (s)way. Personally I wanted to see what these new ideas had to offer. Instead of complaining about how different something new is going to be from what I already have now.

I personally would like to own a hard copy of a game, be able to download it to my HD, and never have to insert the disk again. Now because of 'the consumer' (which I thought I was as well), what I wanted to happen this gen will not even be allowed next gen. Thanks to the used game resale debacle. I wonder if the 'online pass' BS will now return as well.

People complain about all of the status quo Madden's, CoD's, generic fps's, and lack of ingenuity/creativity in games but this situation is an example of why companies are too scared to try anything new. If it sounds too different from the norm or too crazy from our own present stand point or way of thinking, bash it into the ground!!!- Without giving it a chance.

I know I'm a little too irritated and this: Loser is me right now. Just venting.

I am very disappointed in Micro$'s decision in this regard. Are we going to get a watered down experience of their big Xbox1 vision because of the fear of 'the consumer'? Sounds like a possibility.