Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What is the best concert you have attended and why? Options
JRaup
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 3:26:38 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Pink Floyd. The Wall. Nassau Coliseum. Unforgettable .

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
jamnloki
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:34:59 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host

Iron Maiden back in 2000. Lost my voice for 3 days. Soooo worth it.

High On Fire, Children of Bodom,Iced Earth,Megadeth was a really great show too.

R.I.P. Morgan Anthony Jacques

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

** Make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules **:HERE
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:37:16 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
Several years ago my room-mates and I bought tickets to see one of our favorite bands, KMFDM. They always put on a great show and their latest album, "symbols" was outstanding. We were really excited to see them, but a little concerned that the opening act was TBD as some of their previous TBD openening acts had been absolutely horrible.
When we arrived at the venue the marquee said "KMFDM with special guest Rammstein" - at that point Rammstein's first album still hadn't been released here and nobody knew who the hell they were.
Rammstein took the stage and just freakin' killed it - they put on such an amazing act and got the entire crowd up and into it so well that it was almost indescribable. By the time their set was over everybody in the place was amped and soaked with sweat. It felt like we'd already been through an epic concert and still hadn't even seen the headliner.
KMFDM kicked ass too, their best performance of all the many many times I've seen them.

I would love to see Rammstein! They rock!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 1:07:31 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

jamnloki wrote:

High On Fire, Children of Bodom,Iced Earth,Megadeth was a really great show too.

All in the same show?! That's must have been sick!

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
JimmmKelly
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 3:12:21 PM
Groups: Member

I have to preface this by saying I'm a huge Paul McCartney nut.

Two great regrets.

In '64, the Beatles played here in Vancouver, but our Dad wouldn't let us go. He was being a sensible father--it was a panic at the performance, girls were fainting, the police came in, and the lads were only on stage for twenty minutes before being rushed off by security. I was only six years old at the time, but what a story that would have been to tell.

In '76, my senior year of high school, there was a bus booked to go down to the Seattle Kingdome for Wings (that's the performance in "Rock Show"). I was just too nervous about going all that way.

Shoulda gone.

But in 1990, my sister and I did go down to Seattle to see Paul play. That was huge for me. Still a golden memory, because Linda was still alive.

Then in 2010, flew down to San Francisco for one day just to see Paul. Waited with a crowd of people as his limo pulled up for the sound check. He looked out at us like a child with a beaming gleeful face and waved before driving into the stadium. During the sound check, you could walk by the bay and hear him playing so many great tunes--a lot that he doesn't even play in the actual performance. And then the actual performance inside. For over two hours without a break. His voice seems to warm up the more he sings.

Now that was awesome. But then last Fall, he was here for the first time since the Beatles' aborted performance in '63 and i had to go.

I'd heard that if he's in a city that has a good pipe band, he will perform "Mull of Kintyre." Was it too much to hope? Would he play one of my favourite songs? He got through the whole performance--no "Mull of Kintyre." Then in the last curtain call, he started in with it. No sign of bagpipes, but after the first verse, there they came a full band of pipers onto the stage. At that moment I just lost it. Absolutely the most amazing experience.

MY FAVOURITE FUNNIES
ebcomix
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:01:20 PM

Shop at My Store

Talking Heads on the Stop Making Sense tour in their former hometown of Providence RI!

Dave H
pottersan
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:08:49 PM

Shop at My Store

Anthrax, Showbox at the Market Seattle.

Nothing like a 40 year old man mixing it up in the mosh pit.....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Khaine
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:39:31 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I've got to see some really good concerts (motely crue, black sabbath, ac/dc, megadeth, etc)

but the very best concert I was ever at was a Prince concert.

That guy is entertaining, plus his ego's so huge no one opened for him, he pretty much played 3-3 1/2 hours with only a 15-20 minute break half way thru.

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:58:47 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Prince is undeniably one of the most under-rated musicians of modern time. Also, a bona-fide bad-ass when it comes to the guitar.
He recently came to town and played a very small/intimate venue - I wanted to go so bad because it was being billed as a "rock" show and a review said "if you want to hear Prince just wail on the guitar for a couple hours this is the show for you" but tickets started at $280 and that's just (banned)ing BS (going back to the ego you referenced).

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Khaine
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:17:36 PM

I was lucky enough to get mine free, he donated a few 100 tickets to the troops. Which I thought was pretty cool also.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:01:35 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Khaine wrote:
I was lucky enough to get mine free, he donated a few 100 tickets to the troops. Which I thought was pretty cool also.
Are you in the Service? Which one?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:35:20 PM

Khaine wrote:
Yes it is cool. We get free stuff from MWR but usually things like the circus, monster trucks, etc - rarely do they offer concert tix at our base.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:58:39 PM

Top 3 in this order:

1) Morrissey Jan 19th 2013 @ The Capitol Theatre, Port Chester NY

2) B.B. King April 11th 2013 @ The Capitol Theatre, Port Chester NY

3) Weird Al Yankovic July 11th 2003 @ The Mid-Hudson Civic Center, Poughkeepsie NY

Dancing

Khaine
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:20:31 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Khaine wrote:
Are you in the Service? Which one?

Army

2 years reserve
6 years active
15 years national guard

I'm currently a dual status federal technican which is a fancy name for a person that wears the uniform everyday but gets paid a whole lot less. No complaints though.
Khaine
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:25:16 AM

Xylob wrote:
Khaine wrote:
Yes it is cool. We get free stuff from MWR but usually things like the circus, monster trucks, etc - rarely do they offer concert tix at our base.

Usually every year our PAO will offer a few concert tickets usually country which isn't my thing, nascar poconos race (which ive done a few times), minor league baseball and hockey and bunch of other stuff but, PAO and the units are usually pretty bad about letting everyone know that its available. So you either need to be in the know or check the PAO website on a weekly basis.....
jamnloki
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 6:51:10 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host

BurningDoom wrote:
jamnloki wrote:

It was pretty badass!! Was the Gigantour a few years back.

R.I.P. Morgan Anthony Jacques

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

** Make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules **:HERE
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:44:59 AM

fenix1977 wrote:
Rush. Best show ever.

I second this.

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:07:37 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

jamnloki wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
jamnloki wrote:

It was pretty badass!! Was the Gigantour a few years back.

Don't know how I missed that line-up. Megadeth, Iced Earth, and Children of Bodom are seriously like 3 of my all-time favorite bands.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:39:54 PM

Headed to see Ozzy, Geezer, Tony and Brad Friday night. Bummed there's no Bill Ward, but Brad Wilk is excellent.