Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » TV » Arrow Season 2
Shadowdodger
Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:57:41 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Worcester, MA
Joined: 3/19/2007 | Posts: 2,842 | Points: 8,527
First episode of season 2 aired this week. I think I like the new direction it's going in. Shows growth and potential.
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
BruceReville
Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:42:49 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 1/21/2010 | Posts: 1,086 | Points: 3,258
Less Sappy and more action
Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



BurningDoom
Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:26:37 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
This season has been much better than the first. The first season felt like a soap-opera, with a few action-scenes thrown in. This season has had much focus on the action and Arrow/Canary's history, which I like.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
KingZombie
Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:16:16 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Joined: 4/14/2007 | Posts: 4,543 | Points: 90,058
Hmmm, maybe I should go back and start recording these again if they've shifted gears from soap opera to action. Think
BurningDoom
Saturday, November 30, 2013 1:04:07 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
This season isn't just better, I'm calling it: Best show on T.V. right now! So glad it isn't the CW soap-opera it was last season.

The last few episodes in particular, were just so awesome. Diggler breaking into the prison to save his wife, and running across Deadshot. That episode was so action packed and fast-paced, it's what T.V. nowadays needs more of, and less talking heads. And it totally set-up for a future Deadshot vs. Arrow episode.

And how many comic book references does this show drop? It's hard to tell if we're gonna see future development with these characters or if they're just name drops to get fanboys excited. But I've seen quite a few.

-Kate Spencer (Manhunter) is Oliver's mom's lawyer. (Played by the hot doctor from Stargate SG-1, but a blonde this time instead of a red-head.)
-Amanda Waller (leader of Task Force X and the Suicide Squad) is Diggs' wife's boss
-Ivo Storm (creator of Amazo) is the baddie on the flashback island sequences.
-S.T.A.R. Labs is mentioned in news reports in the background.
-And Barry Allen is in the previews for the next episode!

Plus we already have the obvious connections of Black Canary to Sarah and Speedy/Arsenal to Roy Harper.

And OMG, that big reveal at the end of the last episode. I so didn't see that coming. I guess I should have with the nature of comics, but I didn't.
Quote:
Does that mean his son could still be alive, too?


Anyone not watching Arrow this season, is missing out. And this is coming from a guy that gave up halfway through the first season due to it's soap-operish nature (which it no longer has).
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BruceReville
Sunday, December 08, 2013 8:13:08 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 1/21/2010 | Posts: 1,086 | Points: 3,258
Just managed to pick up Season 1 on DVD 19.99 New Dancing
Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



pottersan
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:22:15 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Hiding amongst the 1%
Joined: 9/28/2007 | Posts: 4,916 | Points: 47,229
Just started watching season 1 a few weeks ago, seen about 3 episodes so far.

Pretty good...
BurningDoom
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:42:36 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
pottersan wrote:
Just started watching season 1 a few weeks ago, seen about 3 episodes so far.

Pretty good...


The first season really was more of your average, CW, teenie-bopper drama B.S. It's the 2nd season that really got good.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
crackerjack1
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:08:35 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: Boston, MA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 2,503 | Points: 1,790,029
BurningDoom wrote:
This season isn't just better, I'm calling it: Best show on T.V. right now! So glad it isn't the CW soap-opera it was last season.

The last few episodes in particular, were just so awesome. Diggler breaking into the prison to save his wife, and running across Deadshot. That episode was so action packed and fast-paced, it's what T.V. nowadays needs more of, and less talking heads. And it totally set-up for a future Deadshot vs. Arrow episode.

And how many comic book references does this show drop? It's hard to tell if we're gonna see future development with these characters or if they're just name drops to get fanboys excited. But I've seen quite a few.

-Kate Spencer (Manhunter) is Oliver's mom's lawyer. (Played by the hot doctor from Stargate SG-1, but a blonde this time instead of a red-head.)
-Amanda Waller (leader of Task Force X and the Suicide Squad) is Diggs' wife's boss
-Ivo Storm (creator of Amazo) is the baddie on the flashback island sequences.
-S.T.A.R. Labs is mentioned in news reports in the background.
-And Barry Allen is in the previews for the next episode!

Plus we already have the obvious connections of Black Canary to Sarah and Speedy/Arsenal to Roy Harper.

And OMG, that big reveal at the end of the last episode. I so didn't see that coming. I guess I should have with the nature of comics, but I didn't.
Quote:
Does that mean his son could still be alive, too?


Anyone not watching Arrow this season, is missing out. And this is coming from a guy that gave up halfway through the first season due to it's soap-operish nature (which it no longer has).


I know both Kate Spencer and Jean Loring have been on the show, but I thought Moira's lawyer was Jean Loring (Eclipso / Ray Palmer's ex-wife).

The Villain from the island is Anthony Ivo and the ship is actually named Amazo too. Plus, don't forget such villains/characters as Count Vertigo, Bronze Tiger, China White, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Lyla Michaels (Harbinger), Brother Blood, Bethany Snow, Sin, Shado and Cyrus Gold (Solomon Grundy)... that's all I can remember...

This season has been awwsome!!!
BurningDoom
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:39:02 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
^ You're probably right. But that was one hot lawyer, either way. I thought she was hot in Stargate SG-1, too.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Friday, December 13, 2013 1:10:52 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
FLASH! Aww-aww-awww. FLASH! Savior of the universe!

Not the right Flash, I know, but you get the idea. I can't wait to see the next episode of Arrow!!!

I think they're gonna touch on the Speed Force, too. Because it showed Barry seeing everything in slow motion for a minute before the lightning bolt ever even hit him.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ComicReaderBatman
Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:22:54 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Conneticut
Joined: 8/27/2012 | Posts: 315 | Points: 1,230
This show has been getting better and better!! Can't believe we have to wait till January!!!Crying
I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Kreyalis
Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:47:31 PM
Rank: Supporting Cast
Groups: Member
Location: St.Louis, Missouri
Joined: 8/22/2013 | Posts: 49 | Points: 147
I'm loving this more and more. I just hate the entire winter break for shows. Both shows i'm looking forward to the most both are on break now with Arrow and Walking Dead, but at least Arrow isn't as long a wait
Shogun684
Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:21:48 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: NH
Joined: 2/7/2011 | Posts: 311 | Points: 933
One of the best shows on tv right now easliy.
Shadowdodger
Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:52:43 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Worcester, MA
Joined: 3/19/2007 | Posts: 2,842 | Points: 8,527
Shogun684 wrote:
One of the best shows on tv right now easliy.


Agreed!
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
rook68
Friday, December 20, 2013 1:23:25 AM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: San Diego, CA
Joined: 11/27/2009 | Posts: 609 | Points: 1,827
Haven't been able to watch this show at all. Been so busy with other stuff but going to give it a go. Got a lot of catching up to do. Always liked the Green Arrow character just wasn't too sure about the CW teenie bopper type shows. Don't hate me but never got into Smallville for that reason. My dad even loves Arrow. Funny that my dad watches it and I never took the time.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson


rook68
Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:56:58 AM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: San Diego, CA
Joined: 11/27/2009 | Posts: 609 | Points: 1,827
Saw Arrow for the first time the other day, episode 5 season 2 on Hulu. Wow. Loved it. Saw episode 6 there after. So went on the my big screen and started from the beginning, season 1 episode 1 on Netflix. Whoa, Sarah is played by someone else. Same scene as episode 5 season 2 as in episode 1 season 1. Different girl. My mind is melting. I hate cast changes but the Sarah that plays Black Canary is good.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson


BurningDoom
Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:08:08 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
rook68 wrote:
Saw Arrow for the first time the other day, episode 5 season 2 on Hulu. Wow. Loved it. Saw episode 6 there after. So went on the my big screen and started from the beginning, season 1 episode 1 on Netflix. Whoa, Sarah is played by someone else. Same scene as episode 5 season 2 as in episode 1 season 1. Different girl. My mind is melting. I hate cast changes but the Sarah that plays Black Canary is good.


Just to warn you, Season 1 isn't nearly as good as Season 2 has been. It was a lot more soap-operay in Season 1. (Although both the season premiere and season finale were fan-freaking-tastic in Season 1.)
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
rook68
Friday, January 17, 2014 1:39:50 AM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: San Diego, CA
Joined: 11/27/2009 | Posts: 609 | Points: 1,827
Yeah. I do see the soap operay stuff and so far I can live with it. The build up is cool though. The twists and turns are good. The action is awesome. All of it is enough to keep me engaged in the show. I am up to episode 12, season 1 and I am hooked.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson


fenix1977
Friday, January 17, 2014 12:28:03 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Joined: 3/16/2007 | Posts: 6,883 | Points: 23,361
I liked season one..so now I have to hunt down season two and hope netflix has it...or wait for the dvd.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 pages: [1] 2

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.227 seconds.
(0.071 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241