Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Would you make your collection list...
Choice Votes Statistics
Public for anyone to see 8 19%
Public for friends only 10 23%
Private (no one can see) 24 57%

Vote - Your Collection Public or Private Options
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:18:57 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

BurningDoom wrote:
I don't see the difference except for a little bit of size difference, which is all the same size once it's in the software anyways.

That's because you're not as anal as I am.

I didn't go out of my way to find the link to that image though, I just happened to know the hyperlink by heart because it's mine and it's my naming convention. That's why I used it in this thread vs. the CCL one.

I would have had to hunt for the CCL link. (which I ended up doing anyway, lol)

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:20:03 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Also, we're getting a little off-topic now...lol. PUBLIC COLLECTIONS!!! YAY!

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:29:21 PM

Groups: Member

SpidermanGeek wrote:

Wait.. isn't ASM V2 #58 actually Issue #499? It says so right on the cover. (that's a bit off-topic, but I'm curious.)

Stop confusing me, still half asleep. 5yo had to sleep in my bed last night and thought it would be good idea to kick me all night.

You get my drift though, marvel doesnt always number issues in the right manner.

SpidermanGeek wrote:

Lol, that only makes sense to people who are actually here.

If I told my brother, who doesn't collect comics, that I have 3750 CCL points for my collection, he'd be like "WTF is that? That doesn't tell me anything, your collection sounds stupid."

Well obviously I simplified it for those users who dont like to read long winded posts. You have a badge in your sig though? I doubt everyone knows what it means. Yet PS3 players do and will click it (I did). So if your badge said

Spiderman_Geek
Amazing Spiderman Collection 366/754 Points Aquired
Achieved First Issue Owned
Achieved Final issue Owned

Etc etc
CGCforums uses them and like I said while showing off your collection HERE is wonderful it does zip to attract new users, while badges show off parts of a collection and will attract people.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:56:28 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
I agree that we should be able to use other image, as long as it's not watermarked and not low-quality. Not everyone has a scanner. I don't. For example, I'd really like to add the latest edition cover of the Infinity Abyss TPB (which is the one I own), but I can't because I don't own a scanner. Instead I just have the old version selected in my software.

Off topic, I know, but you can use any non-watermarked image you want as long as it is an accurate representation of the book you have in your hands.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 1:14:48 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SpidermanGeek wrote:
Also, we're getting a little off-topic now...lol. PUBLIC COLLECTIONS!!! YAY!

frizzlefryd
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:19:12 PM

If I can Only pick 1 option, it has to be private. But, Like many here, I think you will be better served by letting the customer decide between public or private.
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 5:13:58 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

frizzlefryd wrote:
If I can Only pick 1 option, it has to be private. But, Like many here, I think you will be better served by letting the customer decide between public or private.

Applause
comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 5:54:34 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I just had a thought (it happens once in a while). If I had personal scans of the books in my collection would they be visible if I opted for public viewing? What if those scans were for adult titles and featured nudity? Something that should be considered.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

4saken1
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 10:33:20 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

If I can see all of Pat's nudie covers, then I'd like to change my vote for Public! Drooling

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 6:59:35 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Agreed!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
davidrob90
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 2:04:19 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

What I would like to see is the collected view on the website as well as the andriod app. I would want it to be private or have the choice.
kesselrig
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 1:09:33 AM

I selected private, but I wouldn't mind my collection being added to statistics anonymously. I think it would be interesting to see that Uncanny X-men #218 is owned by 4.2% of the comic collector community.
a_Kid_4_life
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:38:18 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

This tough but with my collection it makes the best thing for me would be user choice.
Since my collection is mainly pre 1975 and has a smaller collector base due to the fact that I collect automotive/motorcycle comics. I buy them to read then put them away. None of my friends care to read them, a few like to look at the covers but I would not mind sharing it with others who have the same interest.
I have added every cover to CCL and had to add the titles first because none of the 40,000 members at that time had been collecting them. With over 800 books it took time but it was my way to share with the public without being known. I have no worries of that happening because I keep them in a room that is like a large safe 1 door no windows and alarmed with locked cabinets and filing cabinets. This is not just for them but ALL my collectables and is more than most would have but it keeps my insurance rates for them very low. So theft is no longer a worry. My biggest worry is fire and not enough time to get them out!