Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
New Dick Grayson Ongoing Series Options
padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:37:21 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Following the cancellation of Nightwing (final issue out May 28), DC has announced a ongoing series for Dick Grayson launching in July. Check it out:

DC Comics wrote:

Now, with his secret identity revealed and last seen heading for Gotham City at the end of NIGHTWING #29 and trapped in the Murder Machine in FOREVER EVIL #6, Dick Grayson has had more than a few mysteries—and tragedies—surrounding his storyline in the last few months.

USA TODAY has the exclusive announcement that sheds some light on his story—beginning in July, Dick Grayson will headline the new ongoing comic book series: GRAYSON.

GRAYSON finds former Nightwing, Dick Grayson embarking on a new life as an undercover agent. Written by Tim Seeley (BATMAN: ETERNAL) and Tom King, former CIA operation officer in the Counterterrorism Center and author of the novel A Once Crowded Sky, with art by Mikel Janin, GRAYSON #1 arrives on July 2nd.

For more on the series and to find out what Seeley and King have planned, head on over to USA TODAY.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 6:26:18 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Why? Is there any reason they couldn't have just created a new character instead of completely changing Dick Grayson?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:03:18 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
Why? Is there any reason they couldn't have just created a new character instead of completely changing Dick Grayson?

Since Dick's identity was outed by the Crime Syndicate, it's an opportune moment for DC to do something radically different with the character. This wouldn't have been my first choice, but I think it's better than giving him a new super-hero identity. I'm intrigued enough by the writing team that I'll check out an issue or two.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

BruceReville
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 9:38:55 PM

Groups: Member

Wonder Woman became powerless
Batgirl lost the use of her legs
Superman split into Blue and Red
Batman was replaced (Multiple Times)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) became a villain
Flash (Barry Allen) died to save the Earth
Supergirl died battling the Anti-Monitor

All these had over sweeping events to happen to them and they all have one thing in common - they all eventually returned to the status quo

Nightwing (Dick Grayson) is now a super spy

Give it time and DC will change it back

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

patn2008
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 9:47:22 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Damian Wayne Comes back to life, to become the new Nightwing.
Devil
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 11:59:05 PM

patn2008 wrote:
Devil

You shush your jibber jabber! Crying Crying Crying

Mad Bloggings

ukblueky
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 10:59:54 AM

fenix1977 wrote:
patn2008 wrote:
Devil

Oh, Damien will be back before you know it. I doubt as the new Nightwing though. There is the current arc in Batman and Robin "Hunt For Robin", ot at least I think that's the arcs name. in it Ra's has both Damien and Talia's bodies. Ra's has even made messed up Damien clones. So look forward to Damien coming back and then once interest in that wanes it will be revealed it was just one of Ra's clones and not the real Damien. The clone will probably get killed and we will have the search for the real Damien all over again before he is finally brought back for good.

ukblueky
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 11:02:46 AM

Wait. Doesn't this premise sound familiar? Isn't that wait Marvel sorta did with Cap once they brought him back from the dead? Because interest in Bucky Cap was still kinda high didn't Marvel just make Steve some super spy for a time.

rook68
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 9:38:28 PM

BruceReville wrote:
Wonder Woman became powerless
Batgirl lost the use of her legs
Superman split into Blue and Red
Batman was replaced (Multiple Times)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) became a villain
Flash (Barry Allen) died to save the Earth
Supergirl died battling the Anti-Monitor

All these had over sweeping events to happen to them and they all have one thing in common - they all eventually returned to the status quo

Nightwing (Dick Grayson) is now a super spy

Give it time and DC will change it back

+1

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

fenix1977
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 11:30:03 PM

ukblueky wrote:
Wait. Doesn't this premise sound familiar? Isn't that wait Marvel sorta did with Cap once they brought him back from the dead? Because interest in Bucky Cap was still kinda high didn't Marvel just make Steve some super spy for a time.

Yep. He ran SHIELD when he came back I think..

Mad Bloggings

crackerjack1
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:18:47 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

They only changed him because Didio hates Nightwing. This gives them a chance to get rid of Nightwing and keep Dick Grayson. They probably think this makes him and fans happy...... wrong...

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
padreglcc
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:23:12 AM

ukblueky wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:
patn2008 wrote:
Devil

Oh, Damien will be back before you know it. I doubt as the new Nightwing though. There is the current arc in Batman and Robin "Hunt For Robin", ot at least I think that's the arcs name. in it Ra's has both Damien and Talia's bodies. Ra's has even made messed up Damien clones. So look forward to Damien coming back and then once interest in that wanes it will be revealed it was just one of Ra's clones and not the real Damien. The clone will probably get killed and we will have the search for the real Damien all over again before he is finally brought back for good.

Damien may be coming back in July. Here's the DC solicit for Robin Rises: Omega one-shot.

DC Comics wrote:

ROBIN RISES: OMEGA #1
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by ANDY KUBERT and JONATHAN GLAPION
Cover by ANDY KUBERT
1:50 Variant cover by CLIFF CHIANG
One-shot • On sale JULY 16 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
The hunt for Robin is over, and the battle joined! But Batman’s family feud with Ra’s al Ghul is about to erupt into something bigger when it’s interrupted by the forces of Apokolips! This epic story continues in this month’s BATMAN AND ROBIN #33!

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:11:32 AM

I haven't always been a big fan of the Dick Grayson/Nightwing character. Yet after reading (and loving) this new 52 volume of the title I realize just how great a solo character he is. Nightwing can easily stand apart from the Bat family without the stories suffering. Having said that I think if DC was looking for a temporary new direction for the character then why not put him in a odd couple style buddy book with none other than Red Hood. Now this would be a book I would actually be eager to pick up, instead of Dick Grayson super spy. Maybe its cause I don't really care for spy comics. Maybe its cause I like Red Hood and would like to see him in a more spotlighted title. I just think the possibility for more meaningful and character enhancing stories are far greater with my suggestion than Dc's actual new Grayson title.

scotracycowles
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:59:51 PM

Dick Grayson, super spy.........ugh
Shogun684
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:21:30 AM

Well.......I will give it a try.