Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » I am taking this over
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:59:36 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Wow! What am amazing time to be a fan of comics books! I remember an age when we were lucky to get 3 or 4 comic book related films a year and now it seems like we get that many in a single month!

This Forum section should be hopping but sadly it has been neglected. One of the hosts hasn't posted in 3 years and another has publicly divorced himself from CCL (please come back, Nate! We love you! Broken Heart ) so I am officially annexing this Forum like Russia taking the Ukraine.

I am going to force you to have some fun whether you like it or not! Silly Starting......now! Waiting

Howie's Saying of the Week

We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it - William Faulkner

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:20:51 PM
Groups: Member
I find myself just not as interested in seeing movies in theaters are much as I used to.

I still haven't seen Spider-man: Far From Home yet.

What the heck is wrong with me?
Thundercron
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:50:38 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I found it criminal that nobody started threads about Infinity War or Endgame.

I enjoyed Infinity War more than Endgame. In a nutshell, I liked that they allowed the trademark Marvel humor to take a back seat in Infinity War and let the drama land harder due to the gravity of the situation the heroes were often in. Endgame seemed to be back to ruining moments with humor, especially with Thor's arc. What could have beem some good drama with Thor coming to terms with his failure, conquering his fears, and believing in himself again was constantly reduced to beer to jokes. Filmmaking is about getting a reaction from the viewer, and the easiest reaction to get is a laugh. Much harder to land the dramatic moments. Disappointing that the Rosso Brothers chose the easy route.
Thundercron
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:52:40 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
lcfrick wrote:
I find myself just not as interested in seeing movies in theaters are much as I used to.

I still haven't seen Spider-man: Far From Home yet.

What the heck is wrong with me?

Nothing is wrong with you. You just prefer not to have a movie ruined by obnoxious people unable to shut up and enjoy a movie. That's all.
MoonKnight1
Friday, August 16, 2019 2:42:23 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I love watching movies in the theater but I don't have to see every one there. A lot of the time I will wait until a movie comes on cable TV before I see it.

I have seen every single Star Wars movie in the theater when it was released, maybe not opening weekend but still. In the theater. Not sure how much longer that streak will stay alive. Time Out

What I have found works for me is to go a couple weeks after release early on a Saturday or Sunday morning. There's usually hardly a line at the concession stand, you have your pick of seats, parking is easier and you get the Matinee price.

The two things that curtail my theater going attendance is time and money, both of which I have in limited quantities. Boo Hoo!

Howie's Saying of the Week

We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it - William Faulkner

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations