Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies new release dates

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies new release dates

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, April 07, 2020 3:41:20 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Black Widow - Nov 6, 2020

Eternals - Feb 21, 2021

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - May 7, 2021

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Nov 5, 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder - Feb 18, 2022

Black Panther 2 - May 6, 2022

Captain Marvel 2 - July 8, 2022

Howie's Saying of the Week

The truth hurts doesn't it. Oh sure, maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts - Frank Drebin (Leslie Nielsen)

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
bluedevil2002
Tuesday, April 07, 2020 8:51:09 PM
Groups: Member
Bold move pushing Shang-Chi into the early May slot.

I think we'll see some more adjustments to 2021 once Sony decides on what happens with Spidey 3. No telling how the production schedule might be affected. Plus, I had the feeling that Dr. Strange could be the one movie that had the most immediate ripple effects.

Guess this probably pushes GOTG 3 to 2023, as I'm sure that's going to get the coveted May opening slot. Interestingly enough, I think this moves Black Widow back to its original scheduled slot. I don't think BW would have gotten the May opening if GOTG 3 had stayed on track.
monidaw1
Wednesday, April 08, 2020 5:51:28 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Question is, will anyone in the next year or two feel safe going to sit in a crowded movie theater?

This doesn't appear to be going away so it'll most likely come down to when a vaccine is mass produced and distributed before it's safe to be in large groups again if you haven't already had it and survived. Seems like the smart play would be going straight to streaming in some form. They may be able to put up box office profits making more than they do for streaming now, but without the box office ticket prices and the movie theaters taking big percentages of the gate so consumers save $$ as well.

I was reading negative comments elsewhere yesterday about why one type of store (liquor) is allowed to be open when another has to be closed like restaurants. The difference as expressed but not getting around to those who seem the most upset is easy, non essential stores that can have 10 or less customers in the building safely and separated by 6 feet are allowed to be open. Liquor stores are a non essential store and are being treated the same as the others. Restaurants are also allowed to be open but for TAKE OUT only, no sit in dining. Having a bunch of people sitting around for 45 minutes to an hour in an enclosed place chewing, smacking, hacking, coughing, sneezing slobbering and BSing while a waitress hovers back and forth between them and all up tight on them filling glasses, handling food, checks, taking orders, etc.. just sounds stupid right now and a good way to get expossed and do you really want to use that salt & pepper shaker or bottle of ketchup not knowing for sure what who had right before you got there handing it last?

I see the movie theaters as the same situation. They could spread people out but that just kills capacity making it rather pointless to expect to make money on partially filled houses especially when adding in increased labor costs trying to clean and sanitize between uses.

I've made it about 10 years now only seeing two movies in actual theaters, Hobbit and Aquaman. I buy movies I expect to be great on blue ray immediately, others I wait for Red Box or like today I have Joker arriving from Target which had it on sale on dvd for $10, minus 5% plus free shipping.

I really don't see the entire country having been vaccinated by next May, much less the rest of the world where Marvel likes to get those $ in the B levels from. Move Wonder Woman, New Mutants and Black Widow back to release now or on their original expected release dates except thru streaming and Blue Ray. You will not get theater money from me, maybe for years to come.
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, April 08, 2020 8:59:26 AM
Shop at My Store
That's a good question but the deeper question would be: When will movie and TV shows resume filming?

Think about it, It takes hundreds of people to shoot these things. Actors, extras, production crew, set builders, costume makers, make-up and hair stylists, caterers, drivers, on and on. It usually takes anywhere from 2-3 months at least to shoot a movie or TV series and then more months editing and producing it.

I have been on several sets in the past few years and can tell you that we get crammed into tiny spaces all the time. Meals in cafeterias or tents, riding in a van shuttling you back and forth from home base to set, sound stages are notoriously cramped...

I can see it taking a while before any of that gets restarted. Crying

Side note: Which Hobbit? Unexpected Journey? Desolation of Smaug? Battle of the Five Armies? Whistle

The truth hurts doesn't it. Oh sure, maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts - Frank Drebin (Leslie Nielsen)

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, April 08, 2020 9:00:51 AM
Shop at My Store
Another note, this is the first time I think I have seen the full title of the Shang Chi movie. Are we going to get to see the Mandarin? The real Mandarin that is? Daydreaming

monidaw1
Wednesday, April 08, 2020 9:22:12 AM
Shop at My Store
Quote:
When will movie and TV shows resume filming?

I would think Wrestlmania, Smackdown and Major League Baseball have already laid the groundwork for that by showing you can sequester production to closed studios or empty stadiums in Arizona for baseball. I'm hoping football follows suit maybe even letting a limited number of fans in by taking out the extra seats so they're 6 feet apart. It's not like Fed Ex field used all those seats anyway!!!!!!
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, April 08, 2020 12:22:50 PM
Shop at My Store
monidaw1 wrote:
Quote:
When will movie and TV shows resume filming?

I would think Wrestlmania, Smackdown and Major League Baseball have already laid the groundwork for that by showing you can sequester production to closed studios or empty stadiums in Arizona for baseball. I'm hoping football follows suit maybe even letting a limited number of fans in by taking out the extra seats so they're 6 feet apart. It's not like Fed Ex field used all those seats anyway!!!!!!

Sorry bro, not even close to the same thing. We're not comparing apples to oranges, it's more like apples to fire trucks. Sure, they both can be red but not much similarity beyond that.

Here's an article: Coronavirus' effect on Hollywood

The sheer logistics of making a TV show or movie is mind boggling. I didn't understand that myself until I was actually a part of the process. The film crew is at least 100 people: directors, producers, production assistants, camera operators, best boys, gaffers, lighting, sound guys, grips, man it goes on and on. That's just to shoot a scene.

To get to that point you need workers to construct the set, paint/decorate it, prop people to fill it up with stuff.

All of these people have to eat so you will need a place to dine in and caterers to prepare the food.

How can you cast people to appear in the show if no one is allowed to leave their house to audition?

Where are you going to film? Most states have now enacted some sort of stay at home rules for the next couple of months at least.

Not every Hollywood actor lives in Los Angeles. With travel restrictions it will be very difficult to get everyone together.

It takes 60-90 days+ of insane hours (12-18 sometimes) in close proximity to dozens of people at a time to get these things done. It is not an easy task. Even the smallest production I was in still numbered just over 20 people overall.

Trust me on this one, and I take no pleasure in saying this, but we are almost certainly going to see a lag in all TV shows and movies for at least a year if not longer.

I have actually gotten a couple of offers lately for shows that are being produced entirely remotely. I have had to decline because I don't have that kind of equipment. Maybe that could work. Get a bunch of footage and then green screen it or CGI the hell out of it. Think

monidaw1
Wednesday, April 08, 2020 1:03:44 PM
Shop at My Store
Quote:
To get to that point you need workers to construct the set, paint/decorate it, prop people to fill it up with stuff.

Old school methods there. All those people don't have to be present at the same time. There would have to be some changes and adaptions, smaller set construction, more CGI, placing the film crews in quarantine situations prior or something but where there's a will there's a way. They may not be ready to gear up and start up tomorrow but if they set their minds to it, it could be worked out in the months to come. quarantine the whole cast and crew for 14 days prior to beginning, etc.. Rapid testing is coming along closer to reality every day as well as the tests to show whose already had it and should be immune. They're already starting to talk about immunity passes on the news this morning so people who have recovered can get back to work. You've got to rethink the norm and find ways to work with what you can do. Think outside the box. Someone once bought a film camera at Walmart or some such place, filmed an entire movie in the woods and returned the camera for a refund on Monday if I heard the story correctly. The good old American spirit cannot be stopped. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Read some of the articles yesterday on how they're talking about moving entire baseball teams to Arizona for the season. If you can't do it at place A, then place B it can be if place B is safer and workable. If some of the players don't want to be sequestered for the season away from home, I'm sure there are others desperate for the chance to show what they can do.

I remember when some of the ariel shots used to take a helicopter, two pilots and a camera man. Now a 15 year old with a drone can get better imagery from a distance/ remotely.
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, April 08, 2020 1:17:11 PM
Shop at My Store
I appreciate your optimism and hope that you are right and I am wrong.

monidaw1
Wednesday, April 08, 2020 1:23:51 PM
Shop at My Store
I'm bouncing back and forth on the overly optimistic/overly negative see-saw all day today.

There should be a smiley for that.