Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » New Releases » New Releases - April 8, 2020
padreglcc
Sunday, April 05, 2020 4:47:39 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
No New Releases This Week

Diamond wrote:
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, product distributed by Diamond and slated for an on-sale date of April 1st or later will not be shipped to retailers until further notice.

Which books are you most bummed about being delayed during the COVID-19 pandemic?
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
padreglcc
Sunday, April 05, 2020 4:55:23 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
I'm most bummed about the X-books being delayed for sure, especially X-Factor #1. I was looking forward to that.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
lcfrick
Sunday, April 05, 2020 5:09:56 PM
Groups: Member
1) Transformers vs. Terminator.

The first issue came out the last week new comics did, I read it and it was absolutely amazing. I already had an inkling it was going to be good because it took place in 1984... conveniently the same time that both the original movie and G1 Transformers did, but I did not expect it to be as cool as it was. The best line was the T-800 telling Sarah Conner that she was irrelevant to the future, so whether she lived or died didn't matter. I cannot overstate how much I loved the first issue.

Distant 2) Batman.

Even though people have been a bit down on Tynion IV's run after Tom King left, I'm still really enjoying the title (though, kind of like Spider-man, it annoys me that they're still drawing out the Batman/Catwoman storyline for so freaking long.)

3) Amazing Spider-man.

Admittedly at this point I'm more getting annoyed that we've gone almost 2 years without any sort of resolution to the Kindred storyline.. hell, I don't think we've had any progression in that storyline for a while (though Sins Rising is supposed to come back to that.) But I still do enjoy reading ASM every month.
comic clint
Tuesday, April 07, 2020 5:28:09 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I read all my marvel online and its been tough lately to even open anything--- any recomendations?
YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY WORK AND CONTACT ME FOR ART HERE

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint yeager, Professional Sketch Card Artist- Upper Deck, Unstoppable Cards, Viceroy, Monsterwax, Marty and Boo's Cards, ID Art Cards, Cult Stuff
monidaw1
Tuesday, April 07, 2020 6:27:21 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
The next issue of Batman is already in stores in PDF form so stop by your favorite local store and maybe they'll let you read it if you place a preorder for the paper copy. It's really good and we get Harley vs Punchline starting up. I'd have a hard time picking a single Batman issue I enjoyed more in the Rebirth era.

DCeased Unkillables #3 I can't wait to get my hands on. 1 and 2 have not disappointed!!

Fantastic Four just finished up what may be my favorite story arc for FF ever. Not only did they put out a great story arc with a feel for the original adventurer type team they used to be, they completely rewrote the cause of them becoming the FF in the first place so it's no longer Reed's fault for everything. All that and they managed to introduce another whole planet and superhero team that could lead to spec potential long term, they even brought one back to Earth for long term use as a love interest for Johnny. Very memorable run.

Avengers stays good although a step back from great at this point but they seem to be headed somewhere I want to be.

Immortal Hulk is finally getting back good again after a wane in the early 20's thru 25 which I didn't like at all.

Daredevil and the new Thor series is getting good feedback from customers and sales higher than expected.

I'm not reading Amazing Spider-man but sales have been higher than they've ever been for me for the last 7 issues.

X is a mess. I hate what they've done in general and on principle. Egotistical immortal god complex types that nothing you read really matters since they'll just be reborn and back in 2 days from a new egg. I still suspect Professer X is secretly the Maker in disguise leading them towards evil tinted thru mutant supremacy lenses but we'll have to wait to see. Most customers are going all in just to try and keep up or bailing out entirely. My preference so far is Marauders and New Mutants even though you have to read the main X-Men series just to keep up with what's going on. Excalibur I've dumped entirely from my read list, partly from dislike of the art, partly from not liking where the story is going. I just hope they end up somewhere I actually want to be with this ride especially after trashing huge investments in the previous Return of Wolverine and Uncanny series.

I have hope for Red Hood now that the Outlaws are back together.

Justice League has gotten away from the early promises of LOD and gone too cosmic again.

Teen Titans continues to build slowly and enjoyably on the new heroes, especially Crush while still leaving us longing to know if Harley is really the mommy. Can we get a Maury issue soon pleeeeease!!!!!

Young Justice is flopping around like a fish out of water not really appearing to get anywhere other than having a larger cast. They appear to be headed down the same faulty path that Champions went down by making the team to big to devote much time to individual development. Naomi in particular is a huge disappointment. A year later and we still don't know for sure if she has any definable powers or if the flying and bubbles are just from the suit mommy and daddy sent to her. Fortunately in her world it's only been 3 days since she got the suit, finished her own series, went off to superman's series for a couple issues then straight into Young Justice with nary a permission slip from her adoptive parents to be seen.

Cat and Bat mini series coming up I have hope for leading up to the real wedding if they aren't jerking us around again.

Legion of what? Have they done anything superheroy at all as a group yet? I'm pulling for them but have yet to feel I read anything good.

Star? Can we push her anymore? Captain Marvel series itself just went thru a number of gimmick stories with great visuals but total misdirection plays that left an unsatisfied taste in my mouth. I've had enough with fake and pretend killing or killing that's just white washed over from the x side of the house of the same idea used over and over again. Tell me a great story and make it moving and memorable like Friendly Neighborhood did last year. Spider-bite's right up there with Kitty's Bedtime story in my ratings.

That's just off the top of my head.
lcfrick
Tuesday, April 07, 2020 10:27:26 PM
Groups: Member
comic clint wrote:
I read all my marvel online and its been tough lately to even open anything--- any recomendations?

Daredevil is my favorite Marvel subscription right now. Chip Zsarsky is killing it on that title right now.

Star Wars has been a fun ride. The first series (75 issues) deals with the time between Episodes IV and V and now the new series it taking place between Episodes V and VI. The writers are really making an effort to fill in the gaps between the movies, rather than just doing whatever they want.
comic clint
Friday, April 10, 2020 11:58:47 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
lcfrick wrote:
comic clint wrote:

Daredevil is my favorite Marvel subscription right now. Chip Zsarsky is killing it on that title right now.

Star Wars has been a fun ride. The first series (75 issues) deals with the time between Episodes IV and V and now the new series it taking place between Episodes V and VI. The writers are really making an effort to fill in the gaps between the movies, rather than just doing whatever they want.

OH man thats great news--- I will definitely start reading those in their entirety!!
YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY WORK AND CONTACT ME FOR ART HERE

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint yeager, Professional Sketch Card Artist- Upper Deck, Unstoppable Cards, Viceroy, Monsterwax, Marty and Boo's Cards, ID Art Cards, Cult Stuff