Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
THE BRITISH INTERNATIONAL COMICS SHOW 2009 Options
chebbo
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 7:14:19 PM

Groups: Member

BICS is back, with a new name, and some new special guests in 2009!

This year The British International Comic Show will be happening on October 3rd and 4th, once again at Millennium Point in Birmingham.

Our first overseas special Guest to confirm is the legendary STEVE RUDE!

More news to follow.

S.
dunleavy75
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 7:23:05 PM

i actually went to my first show back in '08 in nyc and it was pretty cool, lots of good deals tpb's $5 softcover-$10 hardcovers was awesome, didnt get to meet any guests though, the lines were crazy

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
CCRob
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 8:06:33 AM

Cool stuff chebbo, thanks for the update! I'll make this a sticky thread.

I hope I can attend this year after last years confusion!
chebbo
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:33:50 PM

CCRob wrote:
Cool stuff chebbo, thanks for the update! I'll make this a sticky thread.

I hope I can attend this year after last years confusion!

Thanks Mate. Hope you can make it too.

all the best

Shane
ps: For further updates check out the official BICS FORUM at: http://bics.forumotion.net/
chebbo
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:26:07 PM

We at BICS are pleased to annouce that our latest overseas guest confirmed for 09 is the legendary creator HOWARD CHAYKIN.

We are thrilled that such a visionary and prolific creator will be joining us this year for our annual celebration of the medium.

UK guests confirmed include Alan Davis, Charlie Adlard and Duncan Fegredo plus many many more.

To find out more visit our new 2009 website at: www.thecomicsshow.co.uk where you can also book tickets for the show.

and you can find out more about Howard Chaykin at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Chaykin
CCRob
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 7:06:08 AM

Duncan Fegredo & Alan Davis Big Grin
chebbo
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:30:59 PM

Exciting BICS news:

Marvel artist PASQUAL FERRY has now confirmed for this year's show.

Also recently confirmed are Captain Britain writer Paul Cornell, Hawkeye writer Andy Diggle and Fables artist Mark Buckingham.

Chebbo
chebbo
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2009 9:08:52 PM

The BICS Website has now been re designed with a spanking new look, more news about guests, hotels and exhibitors, plus info about our exclusive new launch party venue, where all pre reg visitors get the chance to mingle with their favourite comics creators.

Check it out now at: www.thecomicsshow.co.uk
chebbo
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:11:52 PM

News just in: Renowned publishers Jonathan Cape will be exhibiting at BICS 2009 with special Guest Bryan Talbot.

It's been a long time since Cape have seen fit to grace any comic convention with their presence an we're thrilled to welcome them to their very first BICS.

Not only that, but Mr.Talbot will be launching his new Graphic Novel GRANDVILLE at the show including a live presentation of his latest epic, with signings and sketching.

All this is included in the entry price along with an exclusive interview with Howard Chaykin, live art events, panels, quizzes and a great painting demo by the legendary Garry Leach, plus lots lots more!

A weekend not to be missed!

Shane
www.thecomicsshow.co.uk
chebbo
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 9:24:39 PM

Thanks to the Sasakawa Foundation this years British International Comics Show is proud to announce the award winning Japanese manga artist Michiru Morikawa as their latest overseas guest.
Known for her singular style of art that merges children’s illustration with manga Michiru will be helping to launch the new book “Buskers” drawn by her, written by Sean Michael Wilson and published by Insomnia Publications.
The artist is reported to be “very excited” about visiting Birmingham, as she lived there earlier in her career and never expected to have the opportunity to visit her favourite British city again so soon.
In addition to overseas guests BICS will be increasing other multi cultural elements of the show including a special panel hosted by comics historian and writer Paul Gravett called “Found In Translation” that helps readers to discover translated works form all over the world that they may not previously have encountered.
These include graphic novels and comics from France, Spain, Japan and Germany.

Another recent addition to the guest list is Angel artist Stephen Mooney who will be available for signings all weekend.