Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » What's In Your DVD Player?
67 pages: First ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67
kidlippy
Sunday, September 14, 2014 2:22:31 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
Shogun684
Sunday, September 14, 2014 4:43:36 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: NH
Joined: 2/7/2011 | Posts: 313 | Points: 939
47 Ronin "Blu ray"
BruceReville
Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:11:01 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 1/21/2010 | Posts: 1,086 | Points: 3,258
Jason X
Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



kidlippy
Monday, October 06, 2014 12:55:41 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
kidlippy
Friday, November 28, 2014 9:49:52 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
angelc0p
Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:19:15 PM
Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member
Location: ma
Joined: 10/20/2008 | Posts: 167 | Points: 501
the aquaman cartoon :)
kidlippy
Monday, January 26, 2015 10:10:11 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
Human Centipede. Some advice...don't watch it. I wish I hadn't..Sick
icarus201
Monday, January 26, 2015 10:50:41 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: 8/17/2007 | Posts: 44,098 | Points: 1,169,550
kidlippy wrote:
Human Centipede. Some advice...don't watch it. I wish I hadn't..Sick

First one? Pretty sick. Second one's even iller.
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kidlippy
Monday, January 26, 2015 1:00:13 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
icarus201 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:
Human Centipede. Some advice...don't watch it. I wish I hadn't..Sick

First one? Pretty sick. Second one's even iller.


I read about the sequel and how messed up it is. Kinda curious to check it out only because I did watch the first one. I'll give it a few months. Laughing
padreglcc
Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:16:37 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Location: Bangor, Michigan
Joined: 5/6/2007 | Posts: 6,405 | Points: 1,081,841
Fast & Furious 4
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
kidlippy
Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:22:00 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
Found a copy of Human Centipede 2...ugh
Sick
rook68
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:57:47 AM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: San Diego, CA
Joined: 11/27/2009 | Posts: 609 | Points: 1,827
Gaurdians Of The Galaxy

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson


icarus201
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:35:34 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: 8/17/2007 | Posts: 44,098 | Points: 1,169,550
kidlippy wrote:
Found a copy of Human Centipede 2...ugh
Sick

Hold on to your stomach.... there's a third part coming out later this year.
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kidlippy
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 10:01:02 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
icarus201 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:
Found a copy of Human Centipede 2...ugh
Sick

Hold on to your stomach.... there's a third part coming out later this year.


I read that. And the sick thing is I'm going to watch that too mainly because I watched the others. Laughing
padreglcc
Friday, February 13, 2015 12:00:15 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Location: Bangor, Michigan
Joined: 5/6/2007 | Posts: 6,405 | Points: 1,081,841
X-Men: Days of Future Past
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
icarus201
Friday, February 13, 2015 4:55:09 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: 8/17/2007 | Posts: 44,098 | Points: 1,169,550
Just finished a Star Wars prequel binge. Out of the blue I pulled Phantom Menace, (which I'd bought years ago along with all the other parts) out of the wrapping and sat and watched it the whole way through. Last time I'd even seen it was on VHS; it was that long ago.

First two movies were a turgid mess. In both, easily over a whole hour passes without anything substantial happening. The pacing is all wrong. Way too much exposition and trying to tie everything in a neat knot to the Original Trilogy. So at age 10 or so, Anakin has built C-3PO and is an ace pilot? The Force is strong in this one for sure. I won't go into the two main things most people hate about this film; Jar-Jar and the kid playing Anakin.

There's much worse to come in the form of the adult Anakin. In Attack of the Clones, for instance, Hayden Christensen has two bad haircuts going on at once. Then by Episode III, where he's like, evil now - so there's a couple of scars on his face and he's started wearing eyeliner. That's so Dark Side, Darth.

One performance really ties this trilogy to the Original Trilogy; Ewan McGregor's turn as Obi-Wan fits the template laid down by Alec Guinness. You can believe that you are really watching a younger incarnation of the character.

The thing that bugged me through watching the three was that facile fix that Lucas had introduced which opened up plot-holes in the Original Trilogy. Specifically, Anakin building Threepio and having adventures with R2-D2. At the end of III, Bail Organa orders Antilles to mindwipe C-3PO, which would explain why he doesn't then remember ever being on Tatooine before, recognize his former master (okay, he's heavily armoured and has a breathing problem now) or Obi-Wan in IV. But why wouldn't Obi-Wan recognize either droid, and wouldn't Artoo inform Threepio who they were? I mean there's that Obi-Wan line from IV; "I don't seem to remember ever owning a droid"
Just sloppy continuity from Lucas, or another scene of exposition deleted from the final cut perhaps?
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kidlippy
Sunday, February 15, 2015 4:19:42 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
icarus201 wrote:
Just finished a Star Wars prequel binge. Out of the blue I pulled Phantom Menace, (which I'd bought years ago along with all the other parts) out of the wrapping and sat and watched it the whole way through. Last time I'd even seen it was on VHS; it was that long ago.

First two movies were a turgid mess. In both, easily over a whole hour passes without anything substantial happening. The pacing is all wrong. Way too much exposition and trying to tie everything in a neat knot to the Original Trilogy. So at age 10 or so, Anakin has built C-3PO and is an ace pilot? The Force is strong in this one for sure. I won't go into the two main things most people hate about this film; Jar-Jar and the kid playing Anakin.

There's much worse to come in the form of the adult Anakin. In Attack of the Clones, for instance, Hayden Christensen has two bad haircuts going on at once. Then by Episode III, where he's like, evil now - so there's a couple of scars on his face and he's started wearing eyeliner. That's so Dark Side, Darth.

One performance really ties this trilogy to the Original Trilogy; Ewan McGregor's turn as Obi-Wan fits the template laid down by Alec Guinness. You can believe that you are really watching a younger incarnation of the character.

The thing that bugged me through watching the three was that facile fix that Lucas had introduced which opened up plot-holes in the Original Trilogy. Specifically, Anakin building Threepio and having adventures with R2-D2. At the end of III, Bail Organa orders Antilles to mindwipe C-3PO, which would explain why he doesn't then remember ever being on Tatooine before, recognize his former master (okay, he's heavily armoured and has a breathing problem now) or Obi-Wan in IV. But why wouldn't Obi-Wan recognize either droid, and wouldn't Artoo inform Threepio who they were? I mean there's that Obi-Wan line from IV; "I don't seem to remember ever owning a droid"
Just sloppy continuity from Lucas, or another scene of exposition deleted from the final cut perhaps?


You also forgot to mention when Luke asked Leia about her mother she remembers her mother being beautiful and images yet Padma died when Leia and Luke were born. Wall
kidlippy
Sunday, February 15, 2015 4:20:19 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
Cabin Fever. Never get bored of this movie.
kidlippy
Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:29:48 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
Mr Popper's Penguins
kidlippy
Monday, March 23, 2015 12:44:45 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,680
Users browsing this topic
Guest
67 pages: First ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.467 seconds.
(0.307 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. P-WIN-IIS01