Welcome Guest Active Topics
jamnloki
Monday, May 25, 2009 4:40:49 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Member
Location: "Your front porch"...MN
Joined: 6/20/2007 | Posts: 18,431 | Points: 95,649
Did someone say......metal ?

Devil
R.I.P. Morgan Anthony Jacques


R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

** Make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules **:HERE
gothamknight73
Monday, May 25, 2009 4:42:02 PM
Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member
Location: White River Junction VT
Joined: 7/16/2007 | Posts: 130 | Points: 5,965
Metal is the way to go. Fast guitar, banging drums. It gets my blood pumping.
tb4020
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 12:25:35 PM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Location: Tucson, Arizona.
Joined: 7/4/2008 | Posts: 201 | Points: 603
Ahh yes, heavy metal. The first concert I saw in person was in 1994, a small band called Metallica. The last good concert I saw was a couple of years ago. I saw Type O Negative.
BurningDoom
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:34:07 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
tb4020 wrote:
Ahh yes, heavy metal. The first concert I saw in person was in 1994, a small band called Metallica. The last good concert I saw was a couple of years ago. I saw Type O Negative.


Wow, I thought I was the only dude that appreciated Type O.

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
punisherfan1138
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:45:31 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Joined: 3/9/2007 | Posts: 14,399 | Points: 56,862
BurningDoom wrote:
tb4020 wrote:
Ahh yes, heavy metal. The first concert I saw in person was in 1994, a small band called Metallica. The last good concert I saw was a couple of years ago. I saw Type O Negative.


Wow, I thought I was the only dude that appreciated Type O.

-Nate-


I only just a few days ago gave them a listen, and really liked what I heard.

It's Tuesday, time for another Metal Show from Oria, but I haven't heard from him so I'll keep you posted.
tb4020
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:51:18 PM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Location: Tucson, Arizona.
Joined: 7/4/2008 | Posts: 201 | Points: 603
punisherfan1138 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
tb4020 wrote:
Ahh yes, heavy metal. The first concert I saw in person was in 1994, a small band called Metallica. The last good concert I saw was a couple of years ago. I saw Type O Negative.


Wow, I thought I was the only dude that appreciated Type O.

-Nate-


I only just a few days ago gave them a listen, and really liked what I heard.

It's Tuesday, time for another Metal Show from Oria, but I haven't heard from him so I'll keep you posted.



My wife and I missed them in 1998 so we were definitly not missing them again. It was kind of weird seeing Peter Steele having to sit down during a good part of the show as his back is so wrecked from being so tall and playing heavy guitars over the years but the show was amazing. If you like Type O, you should check out Seventh Void. It's one of the Type O members other band, kinda unknown and obscure but very good.
BurningDoom
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:56:10 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
tb4020 wrote:
punisherfan1138 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
tb4020 wrote:
Ahh yes, heavy metal. The first concert I saw in person was in 1994, a small band called Metallica. The last good concert I saw was a couple of years ago. I saw Type O Negative.


Wow, I thought I was the only dude that appreciated Type O.

-Nate-


I only just a few days ago gave them a listen, and really liked what I heard.

It's Tuesday, time for another Metal Show from Oria, but I haven't heard from him so I'll keep you posted.



My wife and I missed them in 1998 so we were definitly not missing them again. It was kind of weird seeing Peter Steele having to sit down during a good part of the show as his back is so wrecked from being so tall and playing heavy guitars over the years but the show was amazing. If you like Type O, you should check out Seventh Void. It's one of the Type O members other band, kinda unknown and obscure but very good.


I'll definetly do that!

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
JRaup
Friday, May 29, 2009 2:05:22 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Rotterdam, NY
Joined: 5/15/2007 | Posts: 4,348 | Points: 18,782
Shop at My Store
BurningDoom wrote:
tb4020 wrote:
Ahh yes, heavy metal. The first concert I saw in person was in 1994, a small band called Metallica. The last good concert I saw was a couple of years ago. I saw Type O Negative.


Wow, I thought I was the only dude that appreciated Type O.

-Nate-


Hardly. ;) I saw Type O back before when they were aniything at a little place called Saratoga Winners, which sadly, is now a charred ruin.
R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN




CCL RULES


"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup


If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
ukblueky
Friday, May 29, 2009 8:00:40 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Kentucky
Joined: 4/7/2007 | Posts: 4,235 | Points: 12,705
BurningDoom wrote:
tb4020 wrote:
Ahh yes, heavy metal. The first concert I saw in person was in 1994, a small band called Metallica. The last good concert I saw was a couple of years ago. I saw Type O Negative.


Wow, I thought I was the only dude that appreciated Type O.

-Nate-


Nope,used to be way into Type O.Never cared for Carnivore though.I just couldn't get into a band that has men dressed in fake fur,chains and spikes.Not to mention the absolutely horrid lyrics.
Another band I liked real well that had a Type O connection was Life Of Agony.I even like their lead singer's solo stuff,even though it is far from LOA's sound.
Don't really listen to metal anymore though.But my two all time favorites are Danzig and Machinehead.
punisherfan1138
Friday, May 29, 2009 9:45:47 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Joined: 3/9/2007 | Posts: 14,399 | Points: 56,862
Hmm, looks like I better tell Oria to get on a Type O Negative show.Think
Oriasten
Friday, May 29, 2009 10:03:21 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Location: Greenville South Carolina
Joined: 5/10/2007 | Posts: 2,012 | Points: 6,013
We already covered me doing a Type O show. I am not sure when it will be but I have EIGHT, yes EIGHT set lets set up for future shows, all of which are Mandatory (insert band name here).

Slayer, Type O, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Fear Factory, Rammstein and more.

Normally I would save an all Type O show for sometime in Oct near Halloween but since it is so far away I will end up playing it sooner, but don't be surprised if I play another Type O show near the end of Oct.

I saw them in 2003 in upstate SC, great show, Peter was really cool.

You may have already noticed that last Tuesday's show was a repeat of the death metal show, too much sh!t going on, really busy with my job and resting when not on the clock. The computer business is ROCKING in my area and the line is non stop from 10 am to 7 pm, so there's been some f@ck it moments with stuff like internet radio shows, which is why I made 8 set lists, record them all at once and take 2 months off from having to worry about them.
Lead Guitarist and Vocalist of

Rectifier!

a Progressive Metal band born right here in Greenville SC, home of the Egpytian Death Metal band Nile
punisherfan1138
Friday, May 29, 2009 10:27:55 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Joined: 3/9/2007 | Posts: 14,399 | Points: 56,862
Oriasten wrote:
We already covered me doing a Type O show. I am not sure when it will be but I have EIGHT, yes EIGHT set lets set up for future shows, all of which are Mandatory (insert band name here).

Slayer, Type O, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Fear Factory, Rammstein and more.

Normally I would save an all Type O show for sometime in Oct near Halloween but since it is so far away I will end up playing it sooner, but don't be surprised if I play another Type O show near the end of Oct.

I saw them in 2003 in upstate SC, great show, Peter was really cool.

You may have already noticed that last Tuesday's show was a repeat of the death metal show, too much sh!t going on, really busy with my job and resting when not on the clock. The computer business is ROCKING in my area and the line is non stop from 10 am to 7 pm, so there's been some f@ck it moments with stuff like internet radio shows, which is why I made 8 set lists, record them all at once and take 2 months off from having to worry about them.


Your efforts are appreciated!
BurningDoom
Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:53:57 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
Keep headbanging!

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Saturday, November 05, 2011 6:53:52 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
Wanted to share this, and maybe spark up some new metal talk.

New Iced Earth video: Dystopia, from the brand new album of the same name:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwW9IVwZ0U

Heard a bit of this album already, Anthem is another great track from it. New singer, yet again; but he's good.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
roguesquad
Saturday, November 05, 2011 7:08:56 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Location: Maine
Joined: 6/2/2007 | Posts: 1,131 | Points: 3,393
BurningDoom wrote:
Wanted to share this, and maybe spark up some new metal talk.

New Iced Earth video: Dystopia, from the brand new album of the same name:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwW9IVwZ0U

Heard a bit of this album already, Anthem is another great track from it. New singer, yet again; but he's good.


I agree. the only other Iced Earth I've heard is The Glorious Burden but I liked this album! I'm looking forward to As I lay Dying's new one coming out Tuesday the 8th. Granted its mainly a cover CD and some B-sides but there are going to be 3 new songs! Dancing
All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
BurningDoom
Friday, December 02, 2011 2:17:07 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
Megadeth has been nominated for a Grammy for "Public Enemy #1" in Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance.

Megadeth - Public Enemy #1

* DREAM THEATER - "On The Backs Of Angels"
* FOO FIGHTERS - White Limo"
* MASTODON - "Curl Of The Burl"
* MEGADETH - "Public Enemy No. 1"
* SUM 41 - "Blood In My Eyes"
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jamnloki
Saturday, December 03, 2011 1:55:10 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Member
Location: "Your front porch"...MN
Joined: 6/20/2007 | Posts: 18,431 | Points: 95,649
MEGADETH!!!
R.I.P. Morgan Anthony Jacques


R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

** Make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules **:HERE
fenix1977
Sunday, December 04, 2011 7:23:55 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Joined: 3/16/2007 | Posts: 6,883 | Points: 23,361
Five Finger Death Punch...best band name ever.
BurningDoom
Sunday, December 04, 2011 1:04:23 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,826 | Points: 61,211
fenix1977 wrote:
Five Finger Death Punch...best band name ever.


I really like them. And they're one of the handful of bands that me and wife can still agree on.

I saw them a couple months ago with Hatebreed and All That Remains, FFDP was definetly the best band that night. I so recommend seeing them live, the band was made to be seen live, for sure.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
pottersan
Sunday, December 04, 2011 6:18:02 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Hiding amongst the 1%
Joined: 9/28/2007 | Posts: 4,916 | Points: 47,229
roguesquad wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Wanted to share this, and maybe spark up some new metal talk.

New Iced Earth video: Dystopia, from the brand new album of the same name:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwW9IVwZ0U

Heard a bit of this album already, Anthem is another great track from it. New singer, yet again; but he's good.


I agree. the only other Iced Earth I've heard is The Glorious Burden but I liked this album! I'm looking forward to As I lay Dying's new one coming out Tuesday the 8th. Granted its mainly a cover CD and some B-sides but there are going to be 3 new songs! Dancing
Glorius Burden was my 1st introduction as well, then I bought ALL of the other albums.!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.309 seconds.
(0.133 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231