Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Confessions of a comicaholic Options
kevscomics
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 2:23:27 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,101
Points: 8,819
So, I am pretty new here, but feel the need to start adding my confessions here, because I face the fact that I spend too much money on comics and if my wife knew exactly how much....Oh boy

So I placed my first CCL order here last week with peewees comics. I was out to get New Deadwardians 4 and 5, because my LCS doesn't carry the title, and I had let them slip by, of course I hate paying for shipping, so in order to take advantage of the $50 deal...I turned two comics into this.

Archer and Armstrong (2012) # 1
Avengers Vs X-men # 1-10
Ex Machina # 41-50
Ultimate Spider-man 28-32, 40-45, 47-50
Saucer Country # 6
And of course New Deadwardians # 4,5

My name is Kevin and I am a comicholic.
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:01:22 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,101
Points: 8,819
8/22/2012

I got some stuff in the mail that I had purchased online.

Revival # 1 First Print signed by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton

Essential Iron Man Vol 1 and 2
Essential Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 and 2

My name is Kevin and I am a comicholic.
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:20:03 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/14/2008
Posts: 2,260
Points: 30,180
Location: Vancouver, Washington
kevscomics wrote:
8/22/2012

I got some stuff in the mail that I had purchased online.

Revival # 1 First Print signed by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton

Essential Iron Man Vol 1 and 2
Essential Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 and 2

My name is Kevin and I am a comicholic.


Shouldn't this be in the "Recent Comic Book Pick-Ups" thread?
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:38:17 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,101
Points: 8,819
Thundercron wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
8/22/2012

I got some stuff in the mail that I had purchased online.

Revival # 1 First Print signed by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton

Essential Iron Man Vol 1 and 2
Essential Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 and 2

My name is Kevin and I am a comicholic.


Shouldn't this be in the "Recent Comic Book Pick-Ups" thread?


You have much more experience here than I do, but these are my confessions of a comicholic. So I liked putting them here. I kind of reserved recent pick ups for only the really good stuff. however I will yield to you TC
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 12:26:03 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/14/2008
Posts: 2,260
Points: 30,180
Location: Vancouver, Washington
kevscomics wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
8/22/2012

I got some stuff in the mail that I had purchased online.

Revival # 1 First Print signed by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton

Essential Iron Man Vol 1 and 2
Essential Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 and 2

My name is Kevin and I am a comicholic.


Shouldn't this be in the "Recent Comic Book Pick-Ups" thread?


You have much more experience here than I do, but these are my confessions of a comicholic. So I liked putting them here. I kind of reserved recent pick ups for only the really good stuff. however I will yield to you TC


Wow. After four years here, I finally had a momentary feeling of authority there....
kevscomics
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:04:13 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,101
Points: 8,819
Thundercron wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
8/22/2012

I got some stuff in the mail that I had purchased online.

Revival # 1 First Print signed by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton

Essential Iron Man Vol 1 and 2
Essential Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 and 2

My name is Kevin and I am a comicholic.


Shouldn't this be in the "Recent Comic Book Pick-Ups" thread?


You have much more experience here than I do, but these are my confessions of a comicholic. So I liked putting them here. I kind of reserved recent pick ups for only the really good stuff. however I will yield to you TC


Wow. After four years here, I finally had a momentary feeling of authority there....


haha
comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:57:12 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
lol.

Good to see someone posting here while I have been busier with other stuff.
Spider-Man
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:44:59 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 4,167
Points: 267,639
Location: USA
Did you ever get Animal Crackers #31 from Metropolis?

Lets see some pictures!!






Signature design by CCL's own DrFate



SpiderFan.org





Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:17:09 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/14/2008
Posts: 2,260
Points: 30,180
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Spider-Man wrote:
Did you ever get Animal Crackers #31 from Metropolis?

Lets see some pictures!!


Yes! We need evidence!
4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:42:42 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,447
Points: 10,186
I have 4 long boxes and 3 short boxes of comics that I haven't even gotten to yet, and I'm perpetually 6 months+ behind on my current stuff. My pull list has nearly 70 titles on it.

My name is Jeff and I'm a comicaholic.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:58:17 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
YES!

I not only got Animal Crackers #31, but I have read it, bagged/boarded/boxed it and it is now part of my "retirement fund" collection.


I am not so good with the scans, but I'll try to whip something up.
comicuniversity
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 3:51:11 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
OK....I know I haven't been keeping this up to date. But, really, my life has been busy and my comicy blogging has been taken up by the Superhero Showdown
(which is paying off. I am 4-0 so far:
Quasar beat Klaw
Moondragon beat tempest
Metamorpho beat Swamp Thing
Enchantress beat Prof. X

THANK YOU FOR ANYONE WHO IS PARTICIPATING.


But, I do have a very small note. We had a big rummage that was really three years in the making this last weekend. At the end of it, I took a bunch of leftover duplicate comics to Half-price books and got $38 for them YAY!!

While I was there waiting for them to make me an offer, I found a small bit of filler from my want list for my "retirement collection".

Legion of Superheroes #299





I just looooovvvvee Levitz/Giffen LOSH, and this extends my run on this title.
outcast
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 7:14:39 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

Joined: 7/28/2012
Posts: 414
Points: 1,828
comicuniversity wrote:
.
.
.
.

While I was there waiting for them to make me an offer, I found a small bit of filler from my want list for my "retirement collection".

Legion of Superheroes #299
.
.
.

And it looks like you got a newsstand copy, too (I covet!).
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 7:28:57 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/3/2007
Posts: 2,937
Points: 8,872
Location: Falcon, Colorado
4saken1 wrote:
I have 4 long boxes and 3 short boxes of comics that I haven't even gotten to yet, and I'm perpetually 6 months+ behind on my current stuff. My pull list has nearly 70 titles on it.

My name is Jeff and I'm a comicaholic.
+1 i'm 12 months behind and my pull list isn't getting any shorter and i spend around 30 bucks a week on current books.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

comicuniversity
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 8:50:18 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
I finally finished reading my backlog of new purchases of filler that I bought early in the summer and am back on track in September of 1986 in my chronological reading. My back on track comic was.....






comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:59:19 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
Just picked up a really nice copy of King Sized X-Men Annual #2 (i.e. Uncanny Annual #2)



It wasn't minty fresh, but a solid Fine+ or Very Fine-......and the price was awesome.

I had a much higher price point on this, so was stoked to get it for 15-20 dollars lower than expected.

Paid the media mail shipping price and got it in like, three days. Securely packaged with some freebies thrown in.

And the seller was CCl's own..... thecomicsplace
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:08:34 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
I have orders coming for Alphacomics....cause it's been too long since I bought from me preferred seller.; ladyjaye...as a thank you for all the hard work on the SUPERHERO SHOWDOWN and two purchases from local LCS's then i am shutting down the buying until the holidays.


FYI----next five items on my "retirement collection" wishlist:

1)

Archie At Riverdale High #109

2)

Uncanny X-Men #192

3)

Arion: Lord of Atlantis #27

4)

Transformers #8


5)

Armor #1 Red logo Newstand edition CGC SLABBED 9.8
This one is gonna be a bear to find, so if anyone has it, let me know. I will buy immediately.
The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:12:55 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/17/2007
Posts: 18,965
Points: 56,670
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
I have that Transformers issue. Its a goody!



Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:36:33 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
outcast wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
.
.
.
.

While I was there waiting for them to make me an offer, I found a small bit of filler from my want list for my "retirement collection".

Legion of Superheroes #299
.
.
.

And it looks like you got a newsstand copy, too (I covet!).



Yeah, I have a small niche in my collecting for Newstand "variants". I'm too much of a completist, some might say.

Armor #1 the red Logo Newstand edition slabbed by CGC in 9.8 is HIGH on my wishlist right now as a matter of fact. Combines two of my small niches...CGC slabs and newstand "variants".
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:37:06 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,219
Points: 4,432
The_Ghost wrote:
I have that Transformers issue. Its a goody!


yeah, man, those early Transformers are all really good.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.285 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241