Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Who looks at the "Needs Work" section?? Options
betaswitch
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 11:53:31 AM

Groups: Member

I guess that it's not really a change request, but I submitted a "needs work" request. Afterwards, I noticed 10 pages plus of "needs work" and was wondering if anyone looks at and or changes anything.

In particular, the Aphrodite IX preview list two covers. I just bought one thinking it was 1(B) because I bought one that was a signed 1(A) and didn't want to look at it. I opend my 1(B) when I got it the other day and it was the 1(A) cover. I was mad because I got it for what I considered a good price as a seller on CCL is asking $99.99 for it and I got it for $10.

Well, wouldn't you know it, it's a two sided book. I think that the 1(B) listing should be removed, especially since the CCL seller selling the (B) version for $99.99 is also selling the (A) for $19.99.

I just don't want anyone to get ripped off.
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:33:07 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Hopefully all users/contributers are looking at the needs work lists, but sometimes the data that is needed is hard to come by or requires extensive research.

As for flip-books - yeah, only one side should be in the database per the guidelines.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:40:54 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Whoops. I accidentally cleared the tag, but re-created it.

Thanks for pointing it out betaswitch.

bovard
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:53:52 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I just checked my copy as well (1-A), and noticed the same thing as beta, the back cover is the exact same image as the 1-B cover.

Front and back of 1-A:

Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:49:58 PM

Xylob wrote:
Hopefully all users/contributers are looking at the needs work lists, but sometimes the data that is needed is hard to come by or requires extensive research.

Yeah we all should be looking at it.

Xylob
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 5:51:48 PM

You never know what you might stumble across that you can fix because you have the item.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
chiller67
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 1:07:22 PM

To be honest, I have a look at the needs work section from time to time and try and do some of the more straightforward requests, missing or poorly scanned covers etc. I quite enjoy it actually, glad to do my bit. Some of it can involve some interesting detective work.
spacecitycomics
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 8:48:23 AM

Needs work section ?
Link or directions possible ? Some areas I don't
stumble into for lack of confidence. Party
LadyJay
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 9:23:19 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

spacecitycomics wrote:
Needs work section ?

Under "Search Library" on the left, select "Change Request Manager". Now the top box at the left is "Change Request Manager", with all the options for viewing change requests. The small box immediately below it says "Needs Work" and contains the links to view the "needs work" comments for Titles and Issues.

When looking at a Title or Issue in the Library, if you see a big blue Exclamation Mark to the left of the CR icons, it means that the title or issue has been flagged as needing work. These comments are visible when you open a CR on a flagged item.

spacecitycomics
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:23:31 PM

LadyJay wrote:
spacecitycomics wrote:
Needs work section ?

Under "Search Library" on the left, select "Change Request Manager". Now the top box at the left is "Change Request Manager", with all the options for viewing change requests. The small box immediately below it says "Needs Work" and contains the links to view the "needs work" comments for Titles and Issues.

When looking at a Title or Issue in the Library, if you see a big blue Exclamation Mark to the left of the CR icons, it means that the title or issue has been flagged as needing work. These comments are visible when you open a CR on a flagged item.

Applause Thank You, Gracious Lady.
yourplace2
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 7:41:17 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

betaswitch wrote:
I guess that it's not really a change request, but I submitted a "needs work" request. Afterwards, I noticed 10 pages plus of "needs work" and was wondering if anyone looks at and or changes anything.

In particular, the Aphrodite IX preview list two covers. I just bought one thinking it was 1(B) because I bought one that was a signed 1(A) and didn't want to look at it. I opend my 1(B) when I got it the other day and it was the 1(A) cover. I was mad because I got it for what I considered a good price as a seller on CCL is asking $99.99 for it and I got it for $10.

Well, wouldn't you know it, it's a two sided book. I think that the 1(B) listing should be removed, especially since the CCL seller selling the (B) version for $99.99 is also selling the (A) for $19.99.

I just don't want anyone to get ripped off.

Thank you for pointing this out.

I looked into the issues here, and found that one item of the two @ $99.00 each is a VARIANT under the CCL rules, and I have requested it to be added as it comes with a COA by JAY COMPANY and is a limited run of 100. My item is #66 of that 100.

The other item of the two also has a HAND DRAWN picture in black ink by Clarance Lansang, but this one does not have a COA or limited print run by Jay Company, so it should be listed under the normal PREVIEW item, but have my pictures. Sadly, only if you click on my store would one see the re-marked drawing, thus explaining why it is priced that much.

So, for the 2nd one, I relisted it under the correct cover and delisted the INVALID one.

Hope this explains everything.

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

freakdylan
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 6:01:33 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I really wish it had a search option. Since I only collect spiderman I am of no use with anything else. I also dont always have time to scroll through page after page to look for spidey stuff that needs adjusting. However if the powers that be add a search box to it I can search for spider-man every week and see what i can help with.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

scotteaves
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 7:47:01 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:
I really wish it had a search option. Since I only collect spiderman I am of no use with anything else. I also dont always have time to scroll through page after page to look for spidey stuff that needs adjusting. However if the powers that be add a search box to it I can search for spider-man every week and see what i can help with.

There are two dropdown boxes up top. In the "Filter By:" select Title. In the other dropdown, they'll be listed by Title. Still have to scroll through them, but it's a shorter list.

caseysorrow
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 8:45:43 PM

Groups: Approver, Member

I can't believe I had never even noticed that before, I might have to actually start using it now that it seems a little less like an unsortable chaotic to-do list.

Casey

SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 9:05:24 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

caseysorrow wrote:
I can't believe I had never even noticed that before, I might have to actually start using it now that it seems a little less like an unsortable chaotic to-do list.

I've been cruising through the Need Work list the last few weeks by title. It's a great way to find whole series that have bad scans and knock them out easily.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5