Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Saga Options
Capekiller
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 3:14:31 PM

Groups: Member

Brian K Vaughn's new series SAGA is the best comic on the stands right now. BKV has crafted a fantastic world with a deep twisted plot. In typical Vaughn fashion, he writes in a take no prisoners, no holds barred manner.

You are cheating yourself as a reader if you skip this series published by Image.

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 7:59:50 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Yup it's a good'n! The first 2, 2-1/2 pages of issue #1 were almost verbatim the conversation I had w/ my wife, lol! I also love the fact that the letters page is 'Snail Mail' only.

wickedcomics
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 10:06:58 PM

I'm also really enjoying this series, i'm surprised more people on CCL don't have it on their pull list or aren't reading it.

4saken1
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 10:43:06 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Image is definitely where it's at right now! I hear people whine and complain about Marvel and DC, but they just keep on reading them, regardless. Give some independents a chance, folks! I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but Image is my favorite comic company right now! (Vertigo is a close second)

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some of your comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:30:13 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Great series. If you wait for the trades you are doing yourself wrong.

Mad Bloggings

inhumanking
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 7:52:18 AM

Capekiller wrote:
SAGA is the best comic on the stands right now.

definitely top 5.

when was the last time the competition (for best book) was so tough?

dunleavy75
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:45:08 PM

Read issue #4. Not a big BKV fan, so wasn't blown away or anything. Not bad though.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 11:20:44 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I thought SAGA was a little out there...but after the 2nd and 3rd read, I really enjoyed it.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 8:01:40 AM

Image is kicking arse right now!

TWD, Invincible, Morning Glories, and Saga is another to add among the elite.

BKV has another epic on his hands.

wpmcclure
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2012 3:18:27 PM

I bet the syfy channel would pick this up if image pushed. I think it would be awesome to see visually on the screen. What I really like about image comics right now is the fact that they are so much bigger than dc and marvel. Filled with great writing, artwork, even the paper seems better quality. Oh yeah, usually cheaper than the big two.

Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2012 6:50:16 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

The_Valiant_One wrote:
I thought SAGA was a little out there...but after the 2nd and 3rd read, I really enjoyed it.

I had the same reaction to Pulp Fiction the first couple times I tried to watch it!

I'm reeeeaaalllly enjoying Saga.Applause

kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:41:10 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

I am amazed at the Image stuff out there right now.

Saga is killing it, also really digging Manhattan Projects. Revival is looking pretty good as well, but it's early...
inhumanking
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:31:10 PM

kevscomics wrote:

Saga is killing it, also really digging Manhattan Projects. Revival is looking pretty good as well, but it's early...

i'm loving both of these.

but i'm a little worried... did i miss something, or was the most recent solicited issue of Saga in June (#6)?

Revival #1 was pretty good as well. intrigued enough to stay on for a few more...

i wish Secret would come out, Hickman is awesome.
wpmcclure
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:22:41 PM

inhumanking wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

but i'm a little worried... did i miss something, or was the most recent solicited issue of Saga in June (#6)?

Revival #1 was pretty good as well. intrigued enough to stay on for a few more...

I just picked up #6 if that is what you mean, was out this week along with Revival #2. Both of which are pretty darn good. I somehow lucked out and got my hands on the Revival 1:10 for $4 bucks. I can't believe the damn thing is going for 40 bucks on ebay, almost sickening. Any ways, I hope Revival lives up to the hype.

What happened to Secret??? I mean we should be on issue 5 by now and still waiting for 3 to come out. Anybody know why this series has taken a back seat at Image?

I heard Hickman is getting sued again by Tony Moore over the rigts to the Walking Dead. Was he cheated out of something or is this a usual thing you see when you have a hot property with multiple startup interests involved?

4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:08:24 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

wpmcclure wrote:
I heard Hickman is getting sued again by Tony Moore over the rigts to the Walking Dead.

You're getting Hickman and Kirkman confused, I think!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some of your comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

inhumanking
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:18:23 PM

4saken1 wrote:
wpmcclure wrote:
I heard Hickman is getting sued again by Tony Moore over the rigts to the Walking Dead.

beat me to it...

wpmcclure wrote:
inhumanking wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

I just picked up #6 if that is what you mean, was out this week along with Revival #2. Both of which are pretty darn good. I somehow lucked out and got my hands on the Revival 1:10 for $4 bucks. I can't believe the damn thing is going for 40 bucks on ebay, almost sickening. Any ways, I hope Revival lives up to the hype.

What happened to Secret??? I mean we should be on issue 5 by now and still waiting for 3 to come out. Anybody know why this series has taken a back seat at Image?

i meant that i can't remember ordering past Saga #6...

and Hickman has so much on his plate, it doesn't surprise me that one of his books is late... but it's extremely disappointing

wpmcclure
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:07:13 PM

4saken1 wrote:
wpmcclure wrote:

My bad...

wpmcclure
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:33:02 AM

Just came across an article about Brian's plan with co-creator Fiona concerning Saga and what's coming down the pipeline. Saga #7 for sale in November.

CBR Article

inhumanking
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:46:52 AM

wpmcclure wrote:
Just came across an article about Brian's plan

thanks so much, WPM... this is exactly what i was hoping for.

i guess i'm accustomed to delays (in some cases, indefinite) but to see this level of commitment and open-ness about what's going on with the book, it's freakin' awesome.

i can handle a hiatus every now and then.

kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:32:38 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

I am loving Saga, Y the Last Man and Ex Machina are two of my favorite Series, I also liked Vaughn's work on Runaways. Haven't read Pride of Baghdad yet. But what else am I missing? Any other Brian K Vaughn recommendations?