Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Resident Evil 6 Options
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 8:04:54 PM

Groups: Member

the forums of PS3Trophies.com wrote:

Game drops October 2, 2012.

It will have many special editions/packages outside of the standard game.

PS3

Resident Evil Anthology - $89.99

Includes Resident Evil 6 and digital copies of:

•Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
•Resident Evil 4 HD
•Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
•Resident Evil 2
•Resident Evil: Director's Cut

Resident Evil 6 Archives - $89.99

Includes a copy of Resident Evil 6 along with:

•Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (Download)
•Resident Evil 4 HD (Download)
•Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD (Download)
•Resident Evil Degeneration (DVD)

EUROPE

Collector's Edition PS3/360

Includes:

•Resident Evil 6
•Steel Bookcase with Zombie art
•Needle Bomb Collector Box
•Limited Edition RE6 Forces Emblem
•Exclusive Artbook
•Theme (PS3)
•One size Ivy University Hooded Sweater

JAPAN

Platinum Edition

The Platinum Edition was created with the biggest of Resident Evil fans in mind, but more specifically fans of Leon Kennedy. Bundled in the Platinum Edition are:

•Resident Evil 6 game
•Four phone cases for Chris, Leon, Jake, and a random "secret" case.
•A fine-quality leather jacket replica of Leon Kennedy's in-game jacket.
This is an extremely limited edition of the game with only 5,000 copies ever made. It's Japan-only and costs 100,000 yen, which roughly costs about $1,240 or 780 euros.

Source - http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/playstation-trophy-news/19729-resident-evil-6-will-have-many-special-editions.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=PS3Trophies.com

junkmonkey
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:26:25 AM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

I can't wait for this game! Just the regular edition for me since I have all the other games. Can't wait to try out the new Mercenaries Mode!

The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:43:26 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

$90.00 is a great deal for 6 Resident Evil games. I still haven't finished RE 1, 4, and 5 so I think I'll be picking up this version. Can't wait!

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:10:17 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

It is a fantastic deal, but I already own them all of them except RE 5, which I returned and I don't want back.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:41:17 PM

Same here fellas. I own them all in just about every format/console. But one helluva deal for anyone that wants to try the series out.

Wish RE1 was REmake and not the Director's Cut though.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:54:19 PM

ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
Same here fellas. I own them all in just about every format/console. But one helluva deal for anyone that wants to try the series out.

Well, Nintendo doesn't have the most friendly business practices, and that was a Gamecube exclusive. So if they have rights to that particular game, they're not gonna give it up without a fight or a big pay-off.

junkmonkey
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:10:10 PM

BurningDoom wrote:

Well, Nintendo doesn't have the most friendly business practices, and that was a Gamecube exclusive. So if they have rights to that particular game, they're not gonna give it up without a fight or a big pay-off.

Probably why 0 wasn't included either. That's the only one of the main series I've never played.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:48:08 PM

junkmonkey wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Probably why 0 wasn't included either. That's the only one of the main series I've never played.

It's worth playing through if you're a fan of the series. It's the last game to use the classic-style control-scheme. But at the same time, it's probably the weakest one of the main-series story-wise. So don't pay too much for it. And a lot of the monsters have this strange bug/animal design to them that I wasn't overly-fond of.

Now that I remember it, I HATED not having item boxes. You could just drop an item anywhere and it would stay there forever until you pick it up again. Great idea at first, until you have to back-track halfway through the game to pick up those rounds of flame-grenades you left behind to get the key you needed, so you can use them on the boss you're about to fight.

But if you can come across it cheap it's still worth it. It has pretty good graphics for the old-style games, and the partner-system the game uses is pretty neat.

junkmonkey
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:49:25 PM

Very cool! I'm always on the look out for Resident Evil games, so I'll be sure to pick it up next time I see it.

roguesquad
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 5:06:38 PM

hmm.. $90.00 is a heckuva deal for 6 games. I've owned all of them at one point or another but don't have any anymore. I wouldn't mind playing them again.. except for #4.. hated that with a passion. I'll wait till my buddy buys #6 and then borrow it when he's done with it.

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:46:09 PM

roguesquad wrote:
hmm.. $90.00 is a heckuva deal for 6 games. I've owned all of them at one point or another but don't have any anymore. I wouldn't mind playing them again.. except for #4.. hated that with a passion. I'll wait till my buddy buys #6 and then borrow it when he's done with it.

4 is my favorite haha....I've played that game countless times across Gamecube, PS2, Wii and now on the PS3 in HD. Its probably one of my top 5 games all time.

Dementia5
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 6:40:42 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Subscriber

roguesquad wrote:

4 is my favorite haha....I've played that game countless times across Gamecube, PS2, Wii and now on the PS3 in HD. Its probably one of my top 5 games all time.

+1

Definitely my first "favorite" game of that era. Leon is sort of a household name around here. Had a hard time enjoying RE5, but I recognized the leap in technology with the mechanics and graphics, etc...

"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 9:52:23 PM

Loving the RE6 DEMO!!!

Shizz
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 7:30:03 AM

Is the DVD suppose to be part of RE cannon as far as the videogame universe is concerned? When is it suppose to take place?
junkmonkey
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 11:45:32 AM

Picked it up last night and while it's taking a while to get used to the control style, I'm enjoying it. Only played for a bit though, so we'll see how it holds up in the long run.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 5:30:49 PM

I've heard a lot of bad things about this game. Gamespot gave it a 4.5 out of 10, that's a TERRIBLE rating. I heard that it's far too cinematic and not really a game in the traditional sense at all. I've heard that there's far too many quick-time events. I've heard that it tries to hard to be an action-game and that it's not nearly survival-horror enough. And I've heard that the fact that you play as 4 different characters actually takes away from the game, because it feels too dis-jumbled and not focused enough.

But this is all stuff I heard online from others. I haven't actually played it myself, and I'll probably end up getting it to try it for myself when the price lowers a little. It's not sounding too promising, though. And Capcom has been making a lot of fumbles lately.

Dementia5
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:49:59 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Subscriber

Gamespot is actually the only bad review I've read, and it is suspiciously lower in the lot than the other heavy hitters (Game Informer, IGN and several others).

There are 21 good reviews (with 5 "A"s), 18 mixed and 4 poor reviews as of this post. Not the shabby product we are being led to believe.

Still, I have the Collector's Edition on pre-order, and may decide to cancel within a week if I don't hear from the actual gamers.

That's all of YOU, so let's hear from you folks... how is it holding up? I am partial to cinematics, so that's a plus. I've always liked Leon more than Chris, so there's another. Any holdup on playability?

"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 9:58:35 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

My copy is coming in from Amazon, although I'm away from home as of tomorrow until the 12th so I won't get to fire it up until then.

Broken Heart

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.
junkmonkey
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:41:18 PM

I beat Jake's campaign last night with my roommate. I enjoyed it, but there are some shortcomings. One thing, some quick time events, especially the last one, can be annoying. Another thing is, the control scheme takes a while to get used to with a new inventory system. However, melee combat is cool as hell, the graphics are nice, and it was fun playing co-op. We're one chapter into Leon's and his is looking to be my favorite. Zombies are back, there are scares, and it's actually a challenge. Plus, Leon is my favorite RE character. In terms of story, Jake and Sherry kinda do their own thing, while Leon's looks like they are going to get to the bottom of everything going on. Mercenaries is back as well. It's fun with someone else and it's still a challenge. I'll keep you guys updated as I go, and I'll keep it spoiler free!

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:10:10 PM

Potential Spoilers below.....

Picked it up at midnight Tuesday, got to dive into it pretty good today. I've only played Leon's campaign so far (tried Leon, Chris and Jake campaigns on the demo) and so far, so good.

For me this game is as big of a jump from RE4/RE5 as those two games were from the first three. And that is just for the controls, inventory interface and camera alone, there is a learning curve here for sure. Characters move a lot more freely than in previous games and the camera can be controlled and rotated 360 degrees with the controller. Which is necessary as zombies, J'avo, etc will be coming at you from all angles.

Really digging this game so far, and I've barely scratched the surface. This game offers something for everyone, Leon = RE1/RE2 survival horror feel with zombies, Chris = RE4/RE5 action feel and finally Jake = RE3 feel with an abomination of evil chasing you for the entire game.