I recently have been looking at different websites online of the top 100 horror movies of all time, I've seen most of the movies on each list. But there were some I had not seen. So I found them on the cheap at amazon and pulled the trigger.
Please rate them, also keep in mind.....every one of these were on the top 50-100 lists I had looked at from AFI to Rotten Tomato's to IMDB.
- Dog Soldiers
- John Carpenter's The Fog
- Zombi 2 aka Zombie
- City of the Living Dead
- The Serpent and The Rainbow
- Let The Right One In
- A Tale of Two Sisters
- I Saw The Devil
- Black Christmas (1974)
- The Legend of Hell House
I realize most are pretty old and are probably dated/cheesy....but I can watch movies while taking the age of the film in consideration.
Please take the time to rate and give any thoughts on any of the films you have seen. Thanks.
IF you haven't seen them, REC and REC 2 should be watched by all horror fans. They are two awesome movies that I can't believe I missed (up until last week). Both are filmed in Spain and come with subtitles, but don't let that sway you in any way. They are both great horror movies to watch.
- Dog Soldiers (7/10 I really enjoyed this werewolf movie. For the budget they had, they did really good with this one. A sequel has been in the talks for years, hopefully they launch one)
- John Carpenter's The Fog (7/10 great classic, I enjoyed this much more than the remake)
- Suspiria (8/10 Considered one of the scariest movies of all time. The cinematography is just second to none. The entire movie has an eerie creepy feeling. The score isn't the best and often makes this movie seem cheesier than it is, but if you can get passed that it's one of Dario Argento's masterpieces)
- Zombi 2 aka Zombie (6.5/10 Great gore movie, Lucio Fulci outdoes himself in this one. A must watch for any "zombie" fan)
- City of the Living Dead (5.5/10 Great for the gore, not so great for the story and movie as a whole. This movie is really really dated and it's a good italian horror movie for it's time but it's also very cheezy. The gore still looks great even today. If you're into gore than this is one you shouldn't miss)
- [REC] (8/10 this movie was AWESOME. I heard a lot about it from many different people, so I figured i'd give it a shot. Wow this foreign film is a hidden gem. Anyone that hasn't seen it should go out and rent it, it's superb on every level.)
- The Serpent and The Rainbow (6/10 Gotta love good old fashion voodoo. This is a great movie that I remember from my childhood and should be checked out by all horror fans.)
- Phantasm (7/10 this is just such a creepy movie. I remember watching the undertaker with his little chasing orb things when I was little and he creeped me out. Another one of those horror movies you have to see to enjoy)
- Let The Right One In (8/10, this was a great vampire movie with a different take. It isn't the traditional vampire movie everyone has seen, def check this gem out)
- A Tale of Two Sisters (Haven't seen this, but I own it and it's on my "to watch list")
- I Saw The Devil (Never heard of it)
- Black Christmas (1974)(7/10 Classic horror movie much better than the remake. Some wacko calls a sorority house with a prank phone call and one by one they begin to disappear.)
- The Legend of Hell House (never heard of it.)