Welcome Guest Active Topics
Avengers Assemble #7 Preview - Thanos! Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:51:33 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/news/first-look-at-avengers-assemble-7

Quote:
First Look at AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #7

Media Release -- Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Avengers Assemble #7 from the blockbuster creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley! The Avengers are hot on the heels of Thanos as they try to stop his quest for intergalactic power. But when the Mad Titan has a cosmic cube in his possession, Earth's Mightiest will have to team up with the Guardians of the Galaxy to defeat him. Can their combined might stop Thanos' conquest? Find out in Avengers Assemble #7 available at comic shops worldwide, the Marvel Comics app, and Marvel Digital Comic Shop this September.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #7 (JUL120551)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Art & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
FOC – 8/20/12, ON-SALE – 9/12/12

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:51:49 PM

Groups: Member

looks awesome. i love bagleys art

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:58:12 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
looks awesome. i love bagleys art

It really isn't, though. I've been following this from the beginning of the series. It should be this big epic cosmic tale. But it just seems like a plain, paint-by-the-numbers story.

vinceclortho
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:19:08 PM

Does anyone know if this is mainstream Earth-616 continuity? Marvel cinematic continuity? or some strange hybrid?

I thought I read that it was supposed to be an in continuity thing, but weren't Drax and Starlord killed in the Thanos Imperative storyline, along with Thanos being transported to some unknown place, or the Cancerverse?

If your new to the Marvel War of Heroes app enter referral code muv861982 for a cool in-game card and reward.

Check out my Sporcle quiz! X-Men Past and Present

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:44:42 PM

vinceclortho wrote:
Does anyone know if this is mainstream Earth-616 continuity? Marvel cinematic continuity? or some strange hybrid?

I thought I read that it was supposed to be an in continuity thing, but weren't Drax and Starlord killed in the Thanos Imperative storyline, along with Thanos being transported to some unknown place, or the Cancerverse?

That is a VERY good point. How the hell did Thanos get out of the Cancerverse?

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:02:46 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
vinceclortho wrote:

That is a VERY good point. How the hell did Thanos get out of the Cancerverse?

Very good question. I was wondering the exact same thing when he first appeared but then I started thinking that this series might follow the movie continuity. Then again there might be some untold stories around Thanos and the Cancerverse we've yet to be given.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
vinceclortho
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:32:18 AM

Rocket and Cosmo also broke up the Guardians at the end of Thanos Imperative since so many had left or died. I really thought the 'Annihilators' follow up was cool.

If your new to the Marvel War of Heroes app enter referral code muv861982 for a cool in-game card and reward.

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:39:44 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Plus with Star Lord and Thanos back, why/how do we have a new Nova since Richard Rider was stuck in the Cancerverse with them.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:31:59 PM

crackerjack1 wrote:
Plus with Star Lord and Thanos back, why/how do we have a new Nova since Richard Rider was stuck in the Cancerverse with them.

There's more than one Nova. It's an entire corps like the Green Lantern Corps.

crackerjack1
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 6:39:25 AM

BurningDoom wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

There was, but they all went bye bye. Richard Rider was Nova Prime and the last Nova.

He tried to recreate the Nova Corps, but that kind of flopped. Kind of like when Kyle Rayner tried to recreate the GL Corps and.....wait a minute.....it's the same freakin' story....

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 9:47:23 AM

crackerjack1 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

There was, but they all went bye bye. Richard Rider was Nova Prime and the last Nova.

He tried to recreate the Nova Corps, but that kind of flopped. Kind of like when Kyle Rayner tried to recreate the GL Corps and.....wait a minute.....it's the same freakin' story....

I did drop off reading Nova after about issue #20. But last I read, Richard Rider had recreated the Nova Corps. The Worldmind got infected and corrupted them, but then Richard Rider fixed all that. His little brother even became Earth's official Nova while Nova went back out into space to confront the War of Kings that was brewing.

crackerjack1
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 12:02:58 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

I did drop off reading Nova after about issue #20. But last I read, Richard Rider had recreated the Nova Corps. The Worldmind got infected and corrupted them, but then Richard Rider fixed all that. His little brother even became Earth's official Nova while Nova went back out into space to confront the War of Kings that was brewing.

So I flipped through them a bit and MOST of the corps is destroyed by Ego and the Worlmind, while the remaining few are to be trained by Rider who was Nova Prime again and had contained the Worldmind (as Ko-Rel).

When Rider was left behind in the Cancerverse the regular universe was cut off from the Nova Force leaving no Nova Corps.

They completely disregarded everything Abnett and Lanning wrote for the Cosmic side of the Marvel universe when they were writing this series.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

Mini Series

first_citizenx
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 7:09:26 PM

No one seems to know what continuity this takes place in, as Bendis doesn't pay any heed to continuity in the first place.
The_Ghost
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:42:04 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

I picked up this issue today but can someone tell me what the heck the Cancerverse is???

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:32:02 PM

The_Ghost wrote:
I picked up this issue today but can someone tell me what the heck the Cancerverse is???

It's an alternate Marvel Universe where Death itself was killed. Due to that, the universe became overpopulated because nothing died anymore. They started invaded the mainstream Marvel Universe in "Thanos Imperative", which was stopped by Thanos, Nova, The Guardians of the Galaxy, and other cosmic characters. Nova (Richard Rider) and Thanos was last seen stranded within the Cancerverse and Nova was presumed dead.

Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:00:04 AM

first_citizenx wrote:
No one seems to know what continuity this takes place in, as Bendis doesn't pay any heed to continuity in the first place.

MARVEL doesn't pay any heed to continuity. Nothing in this company makes any sense anymore.
vinceclortho
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:06:26 AM

BurningDoom wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:

It's an alternate Marvel Universe where Death itself was killed. Due to that, the universe became overpopulated because nothing died anymore. They started invaded the mainstream Marvel Universe in "Thanos Imperative", which was stopped by Thanos, Nova, The Guardians of the Galaxy, and other cosmic characters. Nova (Richard Rider) and Thanos was last seen stranded within the Cancerverse and Nova was presumed dead.

And Star-Lord, as well.

This all took place in the Thanos Imperative storyline that came out just a couple of years ago.

The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:16:43 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Interesting...sorta. I missed out on a lot of the cosmic stuff.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:22:03 PM

vinceclortho wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:

And Star-Lord, as well.

This all took place in the Thanos Imperative storyline that came out just a couple of years ago.

Considering it is the Cancerverse, Nova likely isn't dead, though.