Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Update 1.3.0.2 Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 12:10:04 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,920
Points: 128,757
Hey CCL-ers - just wanted to hop out here and make the membership aware of a very nice update to the site that will be pushed out today for the website.

Update 1.3.0.2 will give users a faster and cleaner shopping experience when buying multiple items as well as a different preview look at the cart. We've been testing this for a week or so now working out the kinks, but it looks really good and should make shopping on CCL, especially for multiple items alot easier :)

The site might be down for a short period of time this afternoon (8/24/2012) while we push this new version out, so we wanted to make you guys aware of it.

Please message me if you have any questions! Enjoy!



Applause Applause Applause
Joe
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:01:56 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 1,878
Points: 11,971
Location: Nashville
OK, This update has been done. Everyone Enjoy!

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

Joe
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:10:36 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 1,878
Points: 11,971
Location: Nashville
This should help with purchasing on the store page and paging through inventory of a store. Let us know what you think.

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

caseysorrow
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:23:14 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Approver, Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 790
Points: 157,043
Location: Michigan

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

Casey


The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:30:38 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,920
Points: 128,757
It's pretty smooth and ALOT faster in the larger stores with lots of inventory...smokes with stores with small inventory. REALLY like the new multiple cart insight and the color-coated cartbox.
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 9:43:26 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 4/19/2007
Posts: 11,457
Points: 1,973,466
Location: PA
Did this add Publish/Cover Date to the title views?

Because those are definitely new. Or if not completely new, showing the day is, which is completely unnecessary for the cover date, which is only Month and Year and we have to put the date in as 01 by default.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Jim
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 9:49:54 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
SwiftMann wrote:
Did this add Publish/Cover Date to the title views?

Because those are definitely new. Or if not completely new, showing the day is, which is completely unnecessary for the cover date, which is only Month and Year and we have to put the date in as 01 by default.

I just checked my changelist and it's always been there. Haven't touched that at all. Think

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 9:57:04 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 4/19/2007
Posts: 11,457
Points: 1,973,466
Location: PA
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Did this add Publish/Cover Date to the title views?

Because those are definitely new. Or if not completely new, showing the day is, which is completely unnecessary for the cover date, which is only Month and Year and we have to put the date in as 01 by default.

I just checked my changelist and it's always been there. Haven't touched that at all. Think


The day was always part of the info, it just wasn't shown.

The issues themselves are showing the day in the publish/cover date (not to be confused with the Sale Date field). I know those didn't show the date until this weekend because every once in a while I stumble across the result of an old bug where the month is off by one and until you click to edit, you don't see that it rolled back to the last day of the prior month. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. It's going back to the early days and I'm really tired.

Either way, the presentation of the cover/publish date in both the title view and the individual issue view is definitely brand new (and not necessary/useful).

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Jim
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:06:14 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
Hmmm ok. I might be in the stored procedure then. I'll have a look.
So just the day is not useful right? I mean, I think I agree because it's 01 on everything. And they don't put the day of the month on covers.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
sgriffin
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:26:49 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 4/29/2007
Posts: 2,987
Points: 546,747
Location: North Carolina
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
Hmmm ok. I might be in the stored procedure then. I'll have a look.
So just the day is not useful right? I mean, I think I agree because it's 01 on everything. And they don't put the day of the month on covers.
Right - drop the day, but leave the month/year and it'll be perfect.

BTW - I was playing around in a store earlier and I somehow got in a state where I couldn't buy anything. Leaving the store and coming back fixed it. I'll see if I can nail down repro steps.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
canaryfarmer
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:27:31 PM

Rank: Vigilante
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/15/2010
Posts: 85
Points: 255
Location: Tennessee
Errant,
Thank you SO MUCH for updating the cart system. It works great, and I couldn't be happier.

Dancing Big Grin Dancing
Jim
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:36:39 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
canaryfarmer wrote:
Errant,
Thank you SO MUCH for updating the cart system. It works great, and I couldn't be happier.

Dancing Big Grin Dancing


Glad to hear it!! Thanks for the props. Happy

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Jim
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:37:19 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
sgriffin wrote:
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
Hmmm ok. I might be in the stored procedure then. I'll have a look.
So just the day is not useful right? I mean, I think I agree because it's 01 on everything. And they don't put the day of the month on covers.
Right - drop the day, but leave the month/year and it'll be perfect.

BTW - I was playing around in a store earlier and I somehow got in a state where I couldn't buy anything. Leaving the store and coming back fixed it. I'll see if I can nail down repro steps.


If you can repro please do let me know so I can fix it ASAP. And thank you for taking the time to test!

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
sgriffin
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 11:22:14 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 4/29/2007
Posts: 2,987
Points: 546,747
Location: North Carolina
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
sgriffin wrote:
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
Hmmm ok. I might be in the stored procedure then. I'll have a look.
So just the day is not useful right? I mean, I think I agree because it's 01 on everything. And they don't put the day of the month on covers.
Right - drop the day, but leave the month/year and it'll be perfect.

BTW - I was playing around in a store earlier and I somehow got in a state where I couldn't buy anything. Leaving the store and coming back fixed it. I'll see if I can nail down repro steps.


If you can repro please do let me know so I can fix it ASAP. And thank you for taking the time to test!
Haven't gotten it to repro again yet. What happened was I would click the buy button, and nothing would happen - no animation, no refresh of the screen, no "waiting" on the part of IE. Like the button wasn't hooked up to an event.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
Tamwood
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 11:29:27 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,699
Points: 154,405
Location: Indiana
I don't see what's really changed? It shows me what's in my cart on the left side under "My Cart" but I still have to individually select issues, still have to wait for the refresh (albeit much quicker). When I went to check out, everything looked the same.

Am I missing something?
CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:09:24 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 10/14/2008
Posts: 998
Points: 3,188
Location: look up
It's an improvement, just placed an order & did notice the speed difference. I'm neutral with the cart items being shown on the left, it's a quick reference to see if you already added an issue or not, at the same time you have to scroll down every time to type in a new title.





future home - TreehouseComicShop.com


Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:35:08 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,699
Points: 154,405
Location: Indiana
When I saw that there was an improvement to the ordering system, I was really hoping for check boxes, so you could purchase multiple issues at once, instead of having to single-purchase items. But the speed is nicer, and I kinda like having the cart items on the left. Helps when I'm rollin' through someone's inventory and forget which issue of Catwoman or Supergirl I left off on.
Jim
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:13:30 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
Tamwood wrote:
When I saw that there was an improvement to the ordering system, I was really hoping for check boxes, so you could purchase multiple issues at once, instead of having to single-purchase items. But the speed is nicer, and I kinda like having the cart items on the left. Helps when I'm rollin' through someone's inventory and forget which issue of Catwoman or Supergirl I left off on.


That is definitely on my radar. Personally, I'd like to have that feature too. It would make buying runs from a single store very fast and easy.

I was actually looking at doing it in this update but it would have been a substantial rewrite of the codebehind so I opt'd to focus on speed and the cart. Fixing up the stored procedures to make them faster was a chore. It took quite a while as perf work on SQL systems usually does.

I'm glad you guys are all enjoying this update though. Buy Buy Buy! Happy

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Flagwaver
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:52:53 AM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/2/2010
Posts: 224
Points: 33,688
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Check boxes would be nice, but the new improvement works just as well since you don't have to refresh the page everytime you buy a book. What I'd really like to see is the ability to set default grade searches. I only buy books that are VF-NM and I hate having to search through all the P-FN books.
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:31:44 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,674
Points: 60,755
Location: Redding, CA
One thing I'm finding very annoying about the update is using your browser's back button while shopping.

For example, I'm searching through 9 pages of "Amazing Spider-Man" in a CCL shop. I decide I actually did want that one issue 1 page back, and out of habit of using my browser buttons I hit the back button. But instead of going one page back in "Amazing Spider-Man", it goes to my last comic search entirely, "Green Lantern".

That's a bit annoying. This wasn't an issue before the update.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.874 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241