Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Batman Collection Options
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 4:03:44 PM

Groups: Member

Today i bought Batman Confidential #7 it has its own twist on the Joker which i thought was pretty good.I'll tell you about the comic. The beginning is First-person Batman talking about the flaws and changes in the beginning of his career. I don't want to give anything away so i'll tell you this. Joker or Jack (That's what his name is in the book) goes to a bar. He meets this waitress who is nicknamed Leeny which is short for Harleen aka harley quinn i think. He talks about his job blah blah blah but he says he works in securities. End of story. I would tell you more but I don't want to give it all away. Quote this message and i'll tell you the rest.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 4:10:39 PM

I'm just scratching the surface with my collection. I'll add as many more as i can. So i found the Brave and the Bold #3 from 2007. You might be thinking what that has to do with Batman. In this issue Batman and Blue Beetle team up. Throughout the story it has another story which has batman and cal ripken jr. which i thought was really funny. Also a similar ongoing story as batman and beetle but with Super Girl and Lobo. So anyway, this time Batman and Blue Beetle face the Fatal Five. Again if you want more on the story just quote me and ask. Any questions on the books i post and feedback good or bad is welcome!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 5:53:26 PM

Just read Batman #480 and added it to my collection. Batman is still Bruce Wayne but not Robin. Guess who...... Tim Drake. In this story, Tim learns that his dad's company is selling meds to gangs to make drugs. Why are they doing that you ask? Because Tim's Dad is sick and his company is loosing money. The CEO is the one who i behind this. Batman and Robin go out to fight the Y-Dogs. The ending is big so you'll have to read it or message me .Write Feedback if you want

inhumanking
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 6:52:03 PM

ComicReaderBatman wrote:
What kind of collections do you guys have?

i'm proud of my Batman collection. it pales in comparison to some, i'm sure, but i like it.
i've got a full run of LoDK with annuals, same with SotB; i've all the Dark Knight Halloween specials & series and tons of one shots & mini-series, a handful of key issues and runs, about 15 hardcover GN's & some trades...
all-in-all, around 4 short boxes.

throw in a bunch of pvc figures, the Alex Ross plates, some posters and bunch of promos, and Big Grin

and i'm also enjoying the heck out of the 3 Batman titles of the New 52.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 7:03:50 PM

Wow that's a huge and awesome collection Applause I so far i have an Dc 80 page giant #15 with batman and superman, some action figures, batman #470-502, some hardcovers like Death in a Family and Dark Halloween. i have to search through my comics to find more. Great collection

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:04:47 AM

Just finished reading Batman 481. I thought it was a very good read. If you just jumped into this book before reading Batman 470 you would be lost. So any, this comic is about Maxie the leader of the Maxie Zeus Gang. His good friend Ires is suppose to stop the gang from continuing until Maxie gets back. The thing is, the other members want to continue and rob the museum for an ancient Greek pot. So in the end there is a twist with a continuation i believe. Subscribe and i hopefully will add another book daily! Thanks!

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:01:14 PM

Just read The New 52 #1 Batman the Dark Knight. Now that is a way to reboot Batman. Great read. In this comic, Bruce Wayne at a fundraiser when an agent Forbes from International affairs comes up to him and says that he knows something about Wayne enterprises funding Batman. If you are thinking were are the bad guys, you'll just have to read the book and the many to come after that.

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:02:31 PM

Does anyone know of any must haves for your batman collection? I would love your feedback.

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:04:06 PM

My prized jem so far in my collection is the 80 page giant #15 with Batman and Superman.

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:06:29 PM

New Entries:

Thinking of getting year one batman comics and some real early ones

StreetNERD
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:35:59 PM

i was not ready to start a batman collection but i was at the LCS and seen Batman #608 an #612 on the wall an said to must self don't leave without them so i grab them real fast like Larfleeze MINE!Rolling on the Floor Big Grin

SHAZAM!!!!

follow me @ComicHeadTerry on Instagram
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:42:10 PM

StreetNERD wrote:
i was not ready to start a batman collection but i was at the LCS and seen Batman #608 an #612 on the wall an said to must self don't leave without them so i grab them real fast like Larfleeze MINE!Rolling on the Floor Big Grin

That's great man! Soon you'll have a huge Batman collection!! what other comics do you collect?

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:30:00 PM

Just finished Batman #484 and #485 which are a mini-series involving black mask!!!

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 8:08:58 AM

Just finished Batman #488. I have a gap in my collection though so it jumps to 500 which i have both covers.
Me personally I like Batman more than Azrael but the series of Batman's he is in is all that bad.

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 4:33:04 PM

Just read Batman #654. It was a great read but i guess i missed some stuff. I had no idea it was the end of the Face to Face series.

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 4:06:28 PM

I'm thinking of getting Batman year one. is that a good idea?

?

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 4:27:14 PM

What a great read!!! The untold Legend of the Batman is amazing! the writers have their own spin on the Batman origin story which makes his father the first Batman. Great art, it's a must read!!

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 4:58:19 PM

ComicReaderBatman wrote:
Just finished Batman #488. I have a gap in my collection though so it jumps to 500 which i have both covers.
Me personally I like Batman more than Azrael but the series of Batman's he is in is all that bad.

I am still astonished by the transformation Travis Charest's artwork took between the time he debuted to the time he left the scene.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Dementia5
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:19:08 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Subscriber

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Charest didn't draw #500, but he handled #488 & #489?

I'm a moderate Travis-fan, so tell me what other Batmen layouts for which he was responsible!

"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:28:36 PM

Dementia5 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Charest didn't draw #500, but he handled #488 & #489?

I'm a moderate Travis-fan, so tell me what other Batmen layouts for which he was responsible!

Ya, i liked his cover art in Batman. He did Batman 488-490 but in Detective comics 652-653 it doesn't look the same.