Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
my military career is destined to suck. Options
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 4:58:33 PM

Groups: Member

so i checked my army email and lo and behold... i'm on orders for drill sergeant. After i got a sweet gig being put in as a sniper now i have to go "yell" at some retard kid that whats to play soldier. FML. the real pain in the ass is that i just bought this house and now i have 1) rent it out 2) sell it 3) the wife and kids stay here and i go to where ever it is the army sends me after DS school or 4) i can sign a deck statement which bars me from reenlistment (i was planning on getting out anyways) and favorable actions, i.g. promotion to sergeant first class, awards etc. now i could do this but then a few months later they can go ahead put me back on DS orders and can only sign a deck statement once. i'm super annoyed but the wife is on the verge of a break down. this puts a huge dent on my plans. i'm hoping that talking to special forces will bring some good news and that by me volunteering for SF it'll cancel my drill orders but i heard drill is almost impossible to get out of. ugh... f!@k the military i cant wait to get out. i just had to vent thanks.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

4saken1
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:08:06 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

What, in basic terms, is a deck statement anyways? How long do you have left in your enlistment?

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:17:22 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Sorry to hear it isn't working out for you.

I left the marine corps as soon as my first term was up, and that was what I planned. wanted to serve my time and get out.

Glad I did. For every one story I hear from a friend or anybody about how great their military career is, I hear a dozen that are the other way around.

Hope things work out for you! Always wish the best for other CCL boardies!
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 7:26:47 PM

4saken1 wrote:
What, in basic terms, is a deck statement anyways? How long do you have left in your enlistment?
it basically says screw you i'm not going to do it. hence why i cant re-up or receive favorable actions.

comicuniversity wrote:
Sorry to hear it isn't working out for you.

I left the marine corps as soon as my first term was up, and that was what I planned. wanted to serve my time and get out.

Glad I did. For every one story I hear from a friend or anybody about how great their military career is, I hear a dozen that are the other way around.

Hope things work out for you! Always wish the best for other CCL boardies!
yeah thanks man. i should have gotten out after my first term. my buddy talked me into it. the aspect of being a sergeant and team leader and 10K tax free (we were in iraq at the time) 4 four more additional years were pretty appealing to me. then i got stuck in GA and re-upped to get outta there just to head right back. i should have just gotten out in the first place Wall

DocRx8482
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 7:16:09 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Sorry to hear about your pending enlistment/extension problems. I wish I could offer some words of comfort, but the military has, can and always will be a harsh mistress. The best I can pass on is try to work around whatever comes up for you.

Best Wishes & Bravo-Zulu

8482/8404/E-6/Retired

"Head to the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
What dreams forget the whiskey remembers
" (Eric Church/Marv Green)
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:26:19 PM

yeah i mean it is what it is. i just had to vent. i heard guys doing drill for the soft skill jobs at Jackson actually like cause they do basic for 8 weeks and move on to their job training. combat arms do 16 weeks straight so if i decide to go through with it i'm gonna aim for that.

monidaw1
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 9:12:53 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Keep in mind when you get out the demand for snipers in the civilian market place isn't what it was a few years ago so it might not translate into instant employment high enough to pay the morgage while leaving a little left over for the comic book hobby. At least with the Drill Sgt training you would always be in demand in the food preperation, public transportation and bill collector industries.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:47:35 PM

monidaw1 wrote:
Keep in mind when you get out the demand for snipers in the civilian market place isn't what it was a few years ago so it might not translate into instant employment high enough to pay the morgage while leaving a little left over for the comic book hobby. At least with the Drill Sgt training you would always be in demand in the food preperation, public transportation and bill collector industries.
Eh? hmm... either way when my contract is up, i'll be looking at elevator and escalator constructor and my GI bill pays me because its a career transition. and as a sniper do you know how much money i could make as a contractor with the skill set and combat experiences i have? i could make 6 digits pulling security details in (banned) hole countries but but doing a job with an apprenticeship would mean i work 9 to 5 and not 0530 to 1900 mon-fri and i don't have to leave my family. so keep in mind i'm not separating from the service without a plan. making money isn't the problem. its wanting to be home to finally see my kids grow i'm concerned with.

chainsawsr
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:54:46 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

New to these boards but felt the need to share. Personally I did 1 term and got re-activated during desert storm. Got out right after.

1st son is commited to second tour spec. ops. he is 4 yrs in and E-6. He is going to apply for delta. he has a problem for down talking "regular army"

2nd son just contacted me and he is getting articled out of basic. He went in as infintry.

My first son and I just talked about how much a certian drill sarg made a huge impact on us for life. Just think what you can do for these "idiots". A lasting impression.

Cheers!

Where is my Fables? I need a reality check!
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:36:08 PM

chainsawsr wrote:
New to these boards but felt the need to share. Personally I did 1 term and got re-activated during desert storm. Got out right after.

1st son is commited to second tour spec. ops. he is 4 yrs in and E-6. He is going to apply for delta. he has a problem for down talking "regular army"

2nd son just contacted me and he is getting articled out of basic. He went in as infintry.

My first son and I just talked about how much a certian drill sarg made a huge impact on us for life. Just think what you can do for these "idiots". A lasting impression.
i just finished a week and half of training with 10th SFG cool dudes... well trained mature... full of them selves. ran into the same thing working with ODA's over seas. CAG would be awesome but i already spend enough time away from the fam. as having everlasting imp[ressions on basic trainees... its not a hallmark movie. i teach these kids how to handle a m16 then they move to being a soft skilled POG and never pick up another m16 till they deploy (i'll be drilling at relaxin' jackson. being a grunt... i dont see this working out. i have foul mouth and i dont take PVT's (banned)... thats a huge no go at that certain traning post... i wont even be training my own kind!!! Wall