Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What is in your Marvel comic book collection? Options
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 6:15:09 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
This forum is dedicated to only Marvel comics! Share with us your favorite stories with everyone and also upload pictures of your favorite titles!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 6:22:07 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
My Marvel collection isn't that big but I have a few:

Spider-Man Unlimited #4



Uncanny X-Men 133



Uncanny X-men 253



Avengers #301



The Avengers Annual #14



I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:24:17 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,220
Points: 59,338
Location: Redding, CA
Some of my favorites in my collection:




Notice the chest-plate nipples, lol.







I also have some sets that would just be too many pictures that I'm proud of, too:

-The ENTIRE original Age of Apocalypse saga, including the prelude storyline "Legion Quest", and the aftermath issue "X-Men: Prime".
-Every Carnage appearance.
-Every Marvel Crossover Mini-Series since the original Contest of Champions (I still need Infinity Abyss, which eludes me):
*Marvel Super Heroes Contest of Champions
*Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars
*X-Men vs. Avengers (1987)
*Secret Wars II
*Infinity Gauntlet (plus Thanos Quest prelude story)
*Infinity War
*Infinity Crusade
*Onslaught
*Heroes Reborn: The Return
*Contest of Champions II
*Last Hero Standing
*Last Planet Standing
*Marvel Universe: The End
*Secret War (2004)
*House of M
*Civil War
*World War Hulk
*Annihilation
*Annihilation: Conquest
*War of Kings
*Thanos Imperative
*Secret Invasion
*Siege
*Avengers/Invaders
*Avengers vs. X-Men

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:27:15 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
I see a lot of Black suit Spider-Man as peoples favorite. Just today I heard about Marvel's secret wars and i hear it is really good

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
StreetNERD
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:00:45 PM

Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/9/2012
Posts: 176
Points: 528
Location: Detroit MI
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
I see a lot of Black suit Spider-Man as peoples favorite. Just today I heard about Marvel's secret wars and i hear it is really good
he is my favorite all i got is black suit for marvel and a little AvX and have not started uncanny x-men yet




SHAZAM!!!!

follow me @ComicHeadTerry on Instagram
StreetNERD
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:05:15 PM

Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/9/2012
Posts: 176
Points: 528
Location: Detroit MI
not that really into marvel that much whould not know what to read or where to start Crying

SHAZAM!!!!

follow me @ComicHeadTerry on Instagram
The_Ghost
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:07:05 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/17/2007
Posts: 18,965
Points: 56,670
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
BurningDoom wrote:
Some of my favorites in my collection:




Notice the chest-plate nipples, lol.








Chest plate nipples, huh? Joel Schumacher must have done that issue. Silly



Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:39:34 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/14/2008
Posts: 2,258
Points: 30,174
Location: Vancouver, Washington
As far as my personal collection goes....

Full Set of Daredevil Volume 1 (#1-380), plus misc. related comics (Daredevil appearances, Bullseye appearances, Elektra appearances, reprint issues, reference comics, etc)

Full Set of ROM (#1-75), plus misc. related comics (ROM appearances, Dire Wraith appearances, reference issues, etc)

Full Set of Power Pack (#1-62), plus misc. related comics (Team member appearances, Franklin Richards appearances, New Warriors, references issues, etc)

Those were my core titles back in the day. And by "reference issues"--remember when old-school Marvel would have a little asterix, and refer the reader to some other Marvel back issue for a reference to some storyline? Yeah, I would collect those as part of my core title. REALLY wish Marvel still did that.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:28:05 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
Thundercron wrote:
As far as my personal collection goes....

Full Set of Daredevil Volume 1 (#1-380), plus misc. related comics (Daredevil appearances, Bullseye appearances, Elektra appearances, reprint issues, reference comics, etc)

Full Set of ROM (#1-75), plus misc. related comics (ROM appearances, Dire Wraith appearances, reference issues, etc)

Full Set of Power Pack (#1-62), plus misc. related comics (Team member appearances, Franklin Richards appearances, New Warriors, references issues, etc)

Those were my core titles back in the day. And by "reference issues"--remember when old-school Marvel would have a little asterix, and refer the reader to some other Marvel back issue for a reference to some storyline? Yeah, I would collect those as part of my core title. REALLY wish Marvel still did that.


Those are some really great runs!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 5:47:46 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
Here are my pics of my Marvel books:







Its not much but I'm trying to get some earlier avengers like this one:



I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
b0bafett
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 6:37:15 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,440
Points: 4,602
Mostly working on completing my wolverine runs
The_Ghost
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 6:43:18 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/17/2007
Posts: 18,965
Points: 56,670
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
From most to least...

Avengers
Fantastic Four
Amazing Spiderman
Uncanny X-Men
Captain America
Star Wars
Ghost Rider vol. 2
Incredible Hulk
Ghost Rider vol. 1
Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spiderman
Thor
Silver Surfer
West Coast Avengers/Avengers West Coast
X-Factor

Mini series include...

Secret Wars
Secret Wars II
Infinity Gauntlet
Infinity War
Avengers vs. X-Men (original)
Avengers vs. X-Men (new)
X-Men vs. Fantastic Four
Mephisto vs. FF, X-Men, X-Factor, and Avengers
Vision and Scarlet Witch vol. 2
Secret Invasion
Civil War



Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 6:55:03 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
I'm going to start on my Avengers and Spectacular Spider-Man mostly.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Coyote12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:29:56 AM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/11/2010
Posts: 110
Points: 330
Ok you want a Marvel collection here is mine.

Enjoy.

I have been collecting seriously since I was 12 and will turn 39 in 3 weeks. I have been using the software for 3 years and still have not cataloged everything. But here are my Highlights of the collection and what I am working on. I have been going to conventions for all these years as well so I have stood in my fair share of lines getting issues signed.

I have only done the CGC for certain issues because what would be the point of faking a signature on a comic? A fake signature on X-Men 1 or some near mint important issue like Hulk 181 ruins the issue. So what would be the point of doing it to a mint book. So for certain issues I will pay for it but not every issue. I don't need CGC to prove every comic and they have not been around as long as I have been anyway. Mostly I get sketches to back up the signature when I can and take a picture. And seriously who fakes Chuck Austens signature?

When I started reading it was the middle of the bronze age and really started the collection in the copper age. I got hooked on Marvel after I read Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars. What a great introduction to most of Marvels line up of characters at the time. I kept picking up a few issues from one book or another buying mostly X-Men, New Mutants, DareDevil and Hulk actively for years. Here are some of the highlights. It's a 1- 20 list but other than number one the rest are in no particular order in my opinion.

1. X-Men 1-66, Giant Size X-Men 1 and X-Men 94- Last weeks issue including all issue variants. Thats every issue of X-Men. I still have the 67-93 reprints but they are low on the collection right now. I started collecting with issue Uncanny X-Men 201 and slowly worked my way backwards picking an issue up as I go finally completing the collection with Issue 3 a few months back. I have several signed issues including 1 (CGC 4.5) and 2 (CGC 8.5)signed by Stan Lee, Roy Thomas/Neal Adams issues signed (This is where I state that Neal Adams is a prick for charging to sign, thankfully it was only a few issues. The only paid for signatures was Stan Lee's But hey he is Stan Lee.) Giant Size signed by Len Wein, Dave Cockrum 101, Claremont 141 and 142, John Romita Jr's First Run signed, Marc Silvestri's run signed, a few Jim Lee Signatures and various other artists including Chuck Austens run signed (we had worked together).

2. Wolverine 1 - 310. Mini Series 1-4. And pretty much every one shot made. Yeah I know there were a lot of them.

3. Incredible Hulk 101- 600, Minus about 50-60 scattered issues. Most of the Herb Trimpe Run has been signed including a 181 that got a CGC 9.0. I also got Ernie Chan's run signed at WonderCon this year just before he passed away. Eventually I will get the Tales to Astonish and the original 6 one day.

4. Daredevil 150 - Current. Slowly working on the first 150 now.

5. Marvel Spotlight 2 - 33 minus issue 5 and 8. I have started collecting this a couple years ago other than the Moon Knight issues I already had. I really think this is one of Marvels greatest series ever. I really wish they marketed books and characters like this now in which you debut a new character, give them a few issues and if they are good they get their own series.

6. Marvel Premiere Iron Fist Run and Iron Fist 1-15. Larry Hama 4 issues signed. Working on various other issues now to collect the series of Marvel Premiere. I remember having issue Iron Fist 14 when I was real little and it was an easy series to pick up for a while until Sabertooth became the hot character.

7. Hero for Hire/Power Man/ Powerman and Iron Fist. 1-150. Sweet Christmas I like me some Luke Cage. I have a unreal mint issue of 1 that has never been read but one time. Bronze Age black covers show any flaw. Much like Marvel Spotlight 5 Ghost Rider and Amazing Adventures 11 Beast.

8. New Mutants 1-100. One of my all time favorite series. Rob Liefield run signed, Bill Sienkiewicz run signed. X-Force and Cable runs as well.

9. Moon Knight 1-38 and Bill Sienkiewicz run signed. And the Werewolf By Night issues. Now actively picking up all Werewolf by Night issues. about 45% now.

10. X-Factor 1-Current. Actively collected this series from issue 1 on. Bob Layton Run signed.

11. Complete Nick Fury/SHIELD run. All Strange Tales issues, Shield run, Agent of Shield and other apperances. Secret Warriors.

12. Complete Marvel Masterworks collection in Variant Marble Covers minus X-Men 3 because I am not paying about 500 bucks for a dust jacket.

13. Almost complete Marvel Graphic Novel Collection. Missing about 10.

14. Complete X-Men second series collection. Later renamed Legacy. Various issue signed.

15. Lets mark this spot for every other X-Men series, one shot, mini series, special, giant size, prestige format or any other comic that had an X-Man in it. Your Generation X's, Excaliburs and Hidden Years. The Short lived ones like Daken, X-23 and Generation Hope along with every new young and hidden year X-men run.

16. Silver Surfer 1-18 Issue 1 signed by Stan Lee (CGC 7.0), issue 4 signed (CGC 9.0) Silver Surfer 1-143 Ron Lim run signed

The next few are the series I am actively working on.

17. Spider Woman.

18. Defenders

19. Strange Tales. Dr Strange run and the Human Torch plus Pre Silver Monster run. And other Doc Strange Bronze age series issues.

20. Tales to Astonish. Working on the Hulk and Ant Man issues.

Secet Gems of the collection.

Jack Kirby's Heroes and Villains Hardcover signed. This is a reproduction of a sketchbook Jack gave his wife. It features almost every character Jack Created.

Joe Simon Autobiography signed.

Longshot 1-6 signed by Art Adams. And various other X-Men signed by Adams

MacFarlane Amazing Spiderman run.

Amazing Fantasy 14. Proto X-Men issue.

Amazing Adventures with Beast Issues signed by Steve Englehart

Dark Gems of the collection

Cloak and Dagger runs.

Rocket Raccoon 1-4.

Alpha Flight run.

West Coast Avengers run.

I am headed to the NYCC in 3 weeks so I am going to try and get the Iron Fist Run and Dark Phoenix issues of X-Men signed by Claremont and the New Mutants as well with the Bob Macleod run signed and the Walt and Louise Simonson X-Factor run.

Some Sketches over the years.
Moon Knight Bill Sienkiewicz
Hulk Art Adams
Mr. Sinister Marc Silvestri
Cable Rob Liefield
Nightcrawler Humberto Ramos
Wolverine Herb Trimpe
Punisher Mike Zeck
Warlock (New Mutants) Bill Sienkiwicz
Cable and Hope David Finch

I think when I get done Hulk and Daredevil I will turn my attention to Avengers and Fantastic Four. I have a few issues and series here and there already. I have some DC and plenty of independents including a Turtles Run Signed by Eastman and Laird, Hellboy run signed by Mignola and Grendle run signed by Matt Wagner. But most of my collection is Marvel.


Thanks for reading.
Coyote12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:55:31 AM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/11/2010
Posts: 110
Points: 330
Thundercron wrote:

Those were my core titles back in the day. And by "reference issues"--remember when old-school Marvel would have a little asterix, and refer the reader to some other Marvel back issue for a reference to some storyline? Yeah, I would collect those as part of my core title. REALLY wish Marvel still did that.


I second that.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:34:20 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
Coyote12 wrote:
Ok you want a Marvel collection here is mine.

Enjoy.

I have been collecting seriously since I was 12 and will turn 39 in 3 weeks. I have been using the software for 3 years and still have not cataloged everything. But here are my Highlights of the collection and what I am working on. I have been going to conventions for all these years as well so I have stood in my fair share of lines getting issues signed.

I have only done the CGC for certain issues because what would be the point of faking a signature on a comic? A fake signature on X-Men 1 or some near mint important issue like Hulk 181 ruins the issue. So what would be the point of doing it to a mint book. So for certain issues I will pay for it but not every issue. I don't need CGC to prove every comic and they have not been around as long as I have been anyway. Mostly I get sketches to back up the signature when I can and take a picture. And seriously who fakes Chuck Austens signature?

When I started reading it was the middle of the bronze age and really started the collection in the copper age. I got hooked on Marvel after I read Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars. What a great introduction to most of Marvels line up of characters at the time. I kept picking up a few issues from one book or another buying mostly X-Men, New Mutants, DareDevil and Hulk actively for years. Here are some of the highlights. It's a 1- 20 list but other than number one the rest are in no particular order in my opinion.

1. X-Men 1-66, Giant Size X-Men 1 and X-Men 94- Last weeks issue including all issue variants. Thats every issue of X-Men. I still have the 67-93 reprints but they are low on the collection right now. I started collecting with issue Uncanny X-Men 201 and slowly worked my way backwards picking an issue up as I go finally completing the collection with Issue 3 a few months back. I have several signed issues including 1 (CGC 4.5) and 2 (CGC 8.5)signed by Stan Lee, Roy Thomas/Neal Adams issues signed (This is where I state that Neal Adams is a prick for charging to sign, thankfully it was only a few issues. The only paid for signatures was Stan Lee's But hey he is Stan Lee.) Giant Size signed by Len Wein, Dave Cockrum 101, Claremont 141 and 142, John Romita Jr's First Run signed, Marc Silvestri's run signed, a few Jim Lee Signatures and various other artists including Chuck Austens run signed (we had worked together).

2. Wolverine 1 - 310. Mini Series 1-4. And pretty much every one shot made. Yeah I know there were a lot of them.

3. Incredible Hulk 101- 600, Minus about 50-60 scattered issues. Most of the Herb Trimpe Run has been signed including a 181 that got a CGC 9.0. I also got Ernie Chan's run signed at WonderCon this year just before he passed away. Eventually I will get the Tales to Astonish and the original 6 one day.

4. Daredevil 150 - Current. Slowly working on the first 150 now.

5. Marvel Spotlight 2 - 33 minus issue 5 and 8. I have started collecting this a couple years ago other than the Moon Knight issues I already had. I really think this is one of Marvels greatest series ever. I really wish they marketed books and characters like this now in which you debut a new character, give them a few issues and if they are good they get their own series.

6. Marvel Premiere Iron Fist Run and Iron Fist 1-15. Larry Hama 4 issues signed. Working on various other issues now to collect the series of Marvel Premiere. I remember having issue Iron Fist 14 when I was real little and it was an easy series to pick up for a while until Sabertooth became the hot character.

7. Hero for Hire/Power Man/ Powerman and Iron Fist. 1-150. Sweet Christmas I like me some Luke Cage. I have a unreal mint issue of 1 that has never been read but one time. Bronze Age black covers show any flaw. Much like Marvel Spotlight 5 Ghost Rider and Amazing Adventures 11 Beast.

8. New Mutants 1-100. One of my all time favorite series. Rob Liefield run signed, Bill Sienkiewicz run signed. X-Force and Cable runs as well.

9. Moon Knight 1-38 and Bill Sienkiewicz run signed. And the Werewolf By Night issues. Now actively picking up all Werewolf by Night issues. about 45% now.

10. X-Factor 1-Current. Actively collected this series from issue 1 on. Bob Layton Run signed.

11. Complete Nick Fury/SHIELD run. All Strange Tales issues, Shield run, Agent of Shield and other apperances. Secret Warriors.

12. Complete Marvel Masterworks collection in Variant Marble Covers minus X-Men 3 because I am not paying about 500 bucks for a dust jacket.

13. Almost complete Marvel Graphic Novel Collection. Missing about 10.

14. Complete X-Men second series collection. Later renamed Legacy. Various issue signed.

15. Lets mark this spot for every other X-Men series, one shot, mini series, special, giant size, prestige format or any other comic that had an X-Man in it. Your Generation X's, Excaliburs and Hidden Years. The Short lived ones like Daken, X-23 and Generation Hope along with every new young and hidden year X-men run.

16. Silver Surfer 1-18 Issue 1 signed by Stan Lee (CGC 7.0), issue 4 signed (CGC 9.0) Silver Surfer 1-143 Ron Lim run signed

The next few are the series I am actively working on.

17. Spider Woman.

18. Defenders

19. Strange Tales. Dr Strange run and the Human Torch plus Pre Silver Monster run. And other Doc Strange Bronze age series issues.

20. Tales to Astonish. Working on the Hulk and Ant Man issues.

Secet Gems of the collection.

Jack Kirby's Heroes and Villains Hardcover signed. This is a reproduction of a sketchbook Jack gave his wife. It features almost every character Jack Created.

Joe Simon Autobiography signed.

Longshot 1-6 signed by Art Adams. And various other X-Men signed by Adams

MacFarlane Amazing Spiderman run.

Amazing Fantasy 14. Proto X-Men issue.

Amazing Adventures with Beast Issues signed by Steve Englehart

Dark Gems of the collection

Cloak and Dagger runs.

Rocket Raccoon 1-4.

Alpha Flight run.

West Coast Avengers run.

I am headed to the NYCC in 3 weeks so I am going to try and get the Iron Fist Run and Dark Phoenix issues of X-Men signed by Claremont and the New Mutants as well with the Bob Macleod run signed and the Walt and Louise Simonson X-Factor run.

Some Sketches over the years.
Moon Knight Bill Sienkiewicz
Hulk Art Adams
Mr. Sinister Marc Silvestri
Cable Rob Liefield
Nightcrawler Humberto Ramos
Wolverine Herb Trimpe
Punisher Mike Zeck
Warlock (New Mutants) Bill Sienkiwicz
Cable and Hope David Finch

I think when I get done Hulk and Daredevil I will turn my attention to Avengers and Fantastic Four. I have a few issues and series here and there already. I have some DC and plenty of independents including a Turtles Run Signed by Eastman and Laird, Hellboy run signed by Mignola and Grendle run signed by Matt Wagner. But most of my collection is Marvel.


Thanks for reading.


That's a great collection man! I wish I had some of your books!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
wpmcclure
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:50:42 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/28/2010
Posts: 417
Points: 4,203
Location: Washington
I know this is literally next to nil to everyone elses collection of full runs and key issues in the Marvel universe but honestly I'm just proud I can actually post something here with the rest of you Dancing

Full Runs of the following:
Transformers (#1-80)
Transformers Generation 2 (#1-12)
Transformers Universe (#1-4)
Transformers Headmasters(#1-4)
Transformers The Movie(#1-3)
G.I. Joe and the Transformers (#1-4)


vinceclortho
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:12:45 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/16/2009
Posts: 1,079
Points: 3,649
Location: Texas
Coyote12 wrote:
Ok you want a Marvel collection here is mine.

Enjoy.

I have been collecting seriously since I was 12 and will turn 39 in 3 weeks. I have been using the software for 3 years and still have not cataloged everything. But here are my Highlights of the collection and what I am working on. I have been going to conventions for all these years as well so I have stood in my fair share of lines getting issues signed.

I have only done the CGC for certain issues because what would be the point of faking a signature on a comic? A fake signature on X-Men 1 or some near mint important issue like Hulk 181 ruins the issue. So what would be the point of doing it to a mint book. So for certain issues I will pay for it but not every issue. I don't need CGC to prove every comic and they have not been around as long as I have been anyway. Mostly I get sketches to back up the signature when I can and take a picture. And seriously who fakes Chuck Austens signature?

When I started reading it was the middle of the bronze age and really started the collection in the copper age. I got hooked on Marvel after I read Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars. What a great introduction to most of Marvels line up of characters at the time. I kept picking up a few issues from one book or another buying mostly X-Men, New Mutants, DareDevil and Hulk actively for years. Here are some of the highlights. It's a 1- 20 list but other than number one the rest are in no particular order in my opinion.

1. X-Men 1-66, Giant Size X-Men 1 and X-Men 94- Last weeks issue including all issue variants. Thats every issue of X-Men. I still have the 67-93 reprints but they are low on the collection right now. I started collecting with issue Uncanny X-Men 201 and slowly worked my way backwards picking an issue up as I go finally completing the collection with Issue 3 a few months back. I have several signed issues including 1 (CGC 4.5) and 2 (CGC 8.5)signed by Stan Lee, Roy Thomas/Neal Adams issues signed (This is where I state that Neal Adams is a prick for charging to sign, thankfully it was only a few issues. The only paid for signatures was Stan Lee's But hey he is Stan Lee.) Giant Size signed by Len Wein, Dave Cockrum 101, Claremont 141 and 142, John Romita Jr's First Run signed, Marc Silvestri's run signed, a few Jim Lee Signatures and various other artists including Chuck Austens run signed (we had worked together).

2. Wolverine 1 - 310. Mini Series 1-4. And pretty much every one shot made. Yeah I know there were a lot of them.

3. Incredible Hulk 101- 600, Minus about 50-60 scattered issues. Most of the Herb Trimpe Run has been signed including a 181 that got a CGC 9.0. I also got Ernie Chan's run signed at WonderCon this year just before he passed away. Eventually I will get the Tales to Astonish and the original 6 one day.

4. Daredevil 150 - Current. Slowly working on the first 150 now.

5. Marvel Spotlight 2 - 33 minus issue 5 and 8. I have started collecting this a couple years ago other than the Moon Knight issues I already had. I really think this is one of Marvels greatest series ever. I really wish they marketed books and characters like this now in which you debut a new character, give them a few issues and if they are good they get their own series.

6. Marvel Premiere Iron Fist Run and Iron Fist 1-15. Larry Hama 4 issues signed. Working on various other issues now to collect the series of Marvel Premiere. I remember having issue Iron Fist 14 when I was real little and it was an easy series to pick up for a while until Sabertooth became the hot character.

7. Hero for Hire/Power Man/ Powerman and Iron Fist. 1-150. Sweet Christmas I like me some Luke Cage. I have a unreal mint issue of 1 that has never been read but one time. Bronze Age black covers show any flaw. Much like Marvel Spotlight 5 Ghost Rider and Amazing Adventures 11 Beast.

8. New Mutants 1-100. One of my all time favorite series. Rob Liefield run signed, Bill Sienkiewicz run signed. X-Force and Cable runs as well.

9. Moon Knight 1-38 and Bill Sienkiewicz run signed. And the Werewolf By Night issues. Now actively picking up all Werewolf by Night issues. about 45% now.

10. X-Factor 1-Current. Actively collected this series from issue 1 on. Bob Layton Run signed.

11. Complete Nick Fury/SHIELD run. All Strange Tales issues, Shield run, Agent of Shield and other apperances. Secret Warriors.

12. Complete Marvel Masterworks collection in Variant Marble Covers minus X-Men 3 because I am not paying about 500 bucks for a dust jacket.

13. Almost complete Marvel Graphic Novel Collection. Missing about 10.

14. Complete X-Men second series collection. Later renamed Legacy. Various issue signed.

15. Lets mark this spot for every other X-Men series, one shot, mini series, special, giant size, prestige format or any other comic that had an X-Man in it. Your Generation X's, Excaliburs and Hidden Years. The Short lived ones like Daken, X-23 and Generation Hope along with every new young and hidden year X-men run.


Congrats, man. This is a sweet list! I'm envious of your X-Men #1.

Didn't know about the Amazing Fantasy 14 issue. I'll have to look into that one and put it on the wish list.

But, Neal Adams charged for signatures? Just met him at Dallas Con this year and he didn't charge. Len Wein charged a $1 a book.

If your new to the Marvel War of Heroes app enter referral code muv861982 for a cool in-game card and reward.

Check out my Sporcle quiz! X-Men Past and Present

Coyote12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:13:45 PM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/11/2010
Posts: 110
Points: 330
vinceclortho wrote:

Didn't know about the Amazing Fantasy 14 issue. I'll have to look into that one and put it on the wish list.

But, Neal Adams charged for signatures? Just met him at Dallas Con this year and he didn't charge. Len Wein charged a $1 a book.


Yeah the Amazing Fantasy 14 story is called the Man in the Sky. Written by Stan Lee and illustrated by Steve Ditko. It has a proto Professor X character and an off screen Magneto is implied. There is no doubt this is what lead to the X-Men a year later. You can get it if you buy the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus or pick up the Marvel Milestone edition with Dragon Lord.

Neal charges for signatures and has for the past few times I had seen him at Comic Con. Maybe he has a different policy depending on the show he is at but I still think it is low to do so. It's not the 60's anymore and he is not as good of an artist as he was or as popular.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:18:39 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
What are all of your guys most rarest comic?

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.402 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241