Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
darksidecomics -- is this store still functioning Options
XmanMoby
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:01:19 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

i placed an order with this store on AUG 30. i have not recieved any email, CCL Message, from this store. My paypal was accepted but i did not get any reply from either of the email addresses?

is it abandoned? Can CCL take this store down?

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:48:51 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

XmanMoby wrote:
i placed an order with this store on AUG 30. i have not recieved any email, CCL Message, from this store. My paypal was accepted but i did not get any reply from either of the email addresses?

is it abandoned? Can CCL take this store down?

Since this is the first I'm hearing about this, CCL can't just take the store down...however, I will personally try to reach out to this store and let him know what's going on. And THEN if I need to shut him down I totally will.

E-mail me at steve_midten@hotmail.com your order number and I'll be able to reference this and research his store history as well.

Remember, you always have the option of opening a PAYPAL dispute if you're not happy with a purchase and leave appropriate feedback as well. Usually I have good luck getting a hold of people...well...since I pretty much run the show around here. Lemme try to light a fire underneath them and see what I can do. I can tell you that this store was online and logged in today...so they are checking their store.

Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:02:04 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

This is why dates and times need to be recorded on pages here. Dates of last log-in or activity on a store's main page, or in the info on the right hand side.

Dates and times for feedback, and I think, the ability to search the feedback. If a store has a neutral or a negative feedback given, I wanna be able to see it quickly, without having to wade through the odd hundred positives.
XmanMoby
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:08:14 PM

Tamwood wrote:
This is why dates and times need to be recorded on pages here. Dates of last log-in or activity on a store's main page, or in the info on the right hand side.

Dates and times for feedback, and I think, the ability to search the feedback. If a store has a neutral or a negative feedback given, I wanna be able to see it quickly, without having to wade through the odd hundred positives.

Absolutly. 500+ positive and 10 negative isnt horrible, but if all 10 have been in the past month. and i think it's up to 13 now.

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:42:40 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

XmanMoby wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

Absolutly. 500+ positive and 10 negative isnt horrible, but if all 10 have been in the past month...
or if they've all been for the same thing/problem that some people don't have issue with but is something that I do have issue with...

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:29:11 PM

Groups: Member

even i have to say I've had problems with darkside, Jason was helping us a lot, then all of a sudden nothing, not sure what happened, i had a few sub members who went to him after we stopped sub service and were not happy with his service, hope you get your situation fixed XmanMoby
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:59:19 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

In all honesty 2 weeks is not unusual, I made a purchase on 8/17 that hasn't shipped. 30 days IMO is really about the point you start thinking about a claim. If fast shipping is important then it's a good idea to peruse feedback comments. Looks like Darkside has several comments about slow shipping so this isn't a big surprise. I'm not defending it, it's just that some people will always be slower than others, so make use of that feedback.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:48:01 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
In all honesty 2 weeks is not unusual, I made a purchase on 8/17 that hasn't shipped. 30 days IMO is really about the point you start thinking about a claim. If fast shipping is important then it's a good idea to peruse feedback comments. Looks like Darkside has several comments about slow shipping so this isn't a big surprise. I'm not defending it, it's just that some people will always be slower than others, so make use of that feedback.

yes, but at the same time let people know how long it will be, i just got a villain feedback due to late shipping, but the guy chose the free 3 media and i even let them know it a 3 week max delivery, the guy got it before the 3 week mark and still left me a negative, he wanted priority for free but chose the free 3 week shipping, my case is different though, darkside doesn't even have a time period for delivery and this would be a problem anyway depending on what option xman choose for shipping? bottom line some people cant wait, and i think myself if you cant wait then choose priority, if you need fast shipping then choose the correct shipping...now if i offered free priority shipping then thats a different story, but we dont offer a "free" priority option on check out, we do offer a priority option but 100% of the cry babies will not choose it, they go for the free media option...
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:52:04 PM

and then (banned) about it...you didn't even pay for the shipping cost...i did...and there the ones that (banned)...Rolling on the Floor i only keep it on there to help those that appreciate it and they can use it, but this guy that left me a negative he will learn and by then it will be too late for him he be black listed and have to pay high shipping elsewhere and get crappy service too...his fault for being a free loading cry baby....im good with my supporters...when a bad seed gets in there we just spit it out!!

Shame on You

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:53:21 PM

get lost Jim this dont concern you!! Big Grin
XmanMoby
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:32:11 PM

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
get lost Jim this dont concern you!! Big Grin

what is happening? did i have a stroke and i am only seeing every other post??? Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious

@CROSSBOW. Two weeks is pretty insane. but communication is more important than shipping. I would be absoluty fine with a two week shipping, but two weeks withouth ANY contact, three unread messages on CCL (after i was told he was on the website today), and email to his @juno, an email to his @gmail. I called the listed number today and was hung up upon. then called back and got a generic voice mail message.

if you have to take two weeks to ship, no problem. just let me know when you accept my money.

nacho
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:36:05 PM

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
even i have to say I've had problems with darkside, Jason was helping us a lot, then all of a sudden nothing, not sure what happened, i had a few sub members who went to him after we stopped sub service and were not happy with his service, hope you get your situation fixed XmanMoby

jason's gone from darkside i had a subscription with them a couple months ago but i had to end it, it sounds like xmanmoby had the same problem's i had with them.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:21:43 PM

Shop at My Store

Yup, you guys are absolutely right about the communication. Sometimes stuff happens, I remember Canary's nest was 240-0-0 & by the time he got to 260 he had 13 negatives, never heard what happened there. Anyway, I hope things work out in your favor.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

4saken1
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 12:29:21 AM

Shop at My Store

Yeah, the last 6 feedback in a row for Dark Side have been 'Villain'. I'm guessing there's something up. If I were you, XmanMoby, I would go ahead and file a claim with PayPal!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

bovard
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 12:32:11 AM

Shop at My Store

Lack of comunication=file a paypal claim. If they respond and/or deliver the books in satisfactory conditon, you can just cancel the claim.

Filing a claim sooner rather then later, is the way to go. Because, some people out there just hope you forget about it, or string you along with excuses, and when that 45 days expires, you're out of luck. So, when a seller does not respond to your messages within a week or two, or gives multiple excuses, file that claim immediately.

Good luck with the order, and there are lots of great sellers here, so please don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch!

spacecitycomics
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 12:33:02 PM

Yes, you might need to file a PP claim.
Best seller I EVER patronized, was an
easy 1000+ seller on the Bay back in
the mid and late 90's, then
dissappearred circa 2006. Left me
holding the bag so to speak after
prepaying for a sealed case of
1988 Wolverine # 5's. After about
three months of emails and letters to
her old mailing address, her son
called me at the house to tell me
that his mother had died.
We had done so many deals and whined
about this and that to each other
she was almost like part of the family.

It's been my lifeexperience that when
a top performing seller suddenly goes
in the tank, something rather untoward
has happened, and the seller isn't
necessarily the thieving cheating fek.
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 4:05:15 PM

spacecitycomics wrote:
Yes, you might need to file a PP claim.
Best seller I EVER patronized, was an
easy 1000+ seller on the Bay back in
the mid and late 90's, then
dissappearred circa 2006. Left me
holding the bag so to speak after
prepaying for a sealed case of
1988 Wolverine # 5's. After about
three months of emails and letters to
her old mailing address, her son
called me at the house to tell me
that his mother had died.
We had done so many deals and whined
about this and that to each other
she was almost like part of the family.

It's been my lifeexperience that when
a top performing seller suddenly goes
in the tank, something rather untoward
has happened, and the seller isn't
necessarily the thieving cheating fek.

Applause excellent response Phil
XmanMoby
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 5:42:43 PM

as of 6:39 PM friday 09-14-2012
darksidecomics (unread) Order Number: 105592 SEP 13, 2012 09:34:02 AM
darksidecomics (unread) Order Number: 105592 SEP 10, 2012 04:04:06 PM
darksidecomics (unread) Order Number: 105592 AUG 30, 2012 10:07:20 PM

no reply at all

*point of order* now i am sad i am not going to get my Mister Blank: Exhaustive Collection Rain Sad

XmanMoby
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:29:52 PM

I recieved a refund from Paypal tonight. i still have had no contact with the buyer.

4saken1
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 11:46:20 PM

Shop at My Store

XmanMoby wrote:
I recieved a refund from Paypal tonight. i still have had no contact with the buyer.

Huh! I hope he's OK! It's good that everything worked out for you with the refund and all. A lot of times in cases where a store is doing (relatively) good then all of a sudden nobody is getting their orders, it means something bad has happened to either them or somebody they are close to.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).