Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
ASM ending?! Options
Sephritoth
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 8:44:59 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Quote:
I got lucky and pre-ordered mine for $350.00.

I would say so, I sent in my request the day they notified me it was coming but still they were gonna make me pay for their order. It would almost be worth it to turn that around and make some quick cash lol.
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 5:39:54 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Sephritoth wrote:
Quote:
I got lucky and pre-ordered mine for $350.00.

I would say so, I sent in my request the day they notified me it was coming but still they were gonna make me pay for their order. It would almost be worth it to turn that around and make some quick cash lol.

Are you guys for real?! $3500 and $350 for a variant cover?! INSANE!!! You guys realize that Peter Parker won't stay gone forever, just like Superman didn't stay dead forever, right?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 6:56:57 PM

Groups: Member

you have got to be kidding me. you can buy a nice bronze key for 350

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Spider-Man
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 7:21:27 PM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

While I would love to get a 1:700 variant cover, I could put that kind of money towards a nice low number ASM issue to help complete my collection.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 7:31:05 PM

Spider-Man wrote:
While I would love to get a 1:700 variant cover, I could put that kind of money towards a nice low number ASM issue to help complete my collection.

+1 Applause

Thundercron
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 7:42:32 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

It's still going to be one of the rarest Spider-Man comics EVER.

And who would sell theirs for $350? I think that shop owner needs to hire a new accountant.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 7:59:46 PM

its just ridiculous for a new comic is all.

crackerjack1
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:41:31 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

It isn't stupid if you collect all appearances and variants and actually enjoy collecting. I'm just not as negative as most.

Plus there's the fact that I don't pay for my weekly comics and most variants since I work at my LCS. This is a rarity for me....and no I didn't buy this from my store.....we're not that stupid to order this.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Dexter's Laboratory, Figment, Original Sin, Original Sins, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
frozilla
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:03:22 AM

crackerjack1 wrote:
It isn't stupid if you collect all appearances and variants and actually enjoy collecting. I'm just not as negative as most.

Plus there's the fact that I don't pay for my weekly comics and most variants since I work at my LCS. This is a rarity for me....and no I didn't buy this from my store.....we're not that stupid to order this.

*scratches head*

"we're not that stupid to order this"

yet

"I got lucky and pre-ordered mine for $350.00."

*eyebrow raised*

The thosuands of dollars price some are quoting is absolute insanity for most. I suppose if you're loaded, it's not that big of deal. Even at the $350 pricetag, it seems way out of line. You do know it's the exact same book inside as the $7.99 one, right? I suppose I'm a bit skeptical about 'variant covers'.

Meh. Mid-stream I realzied that it doesn't matter what I'm writing Laughing

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
crackerjack1
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:15:03 AM

frozilla wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

*scratches head*

yet

*eyebrow raised*

The thosuands of dollars price some are quoting is absolute insanity for most. I suppose if you're loaded, it's not that big of deal. Even at the $350 pricetag, it seems way out of line. You do know it's the exact same book inside as the $7.99 one, right? I suppose I'm a bit skeptical about 'variant covers'.

You got it exactly (not sure about the confusion). We aren't dumb enough to throw over $2,000 away to get this book. I am smart enough to get the book for $350 while someone else throws their money away. Laughing

Holy crap, variants aren't different on the inside too? Big Grin

EDIT: Mind you I also have all of the Amazing Spider-Man #666 Covers too. I collect all Spider-Man books!!!

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Dexter's Laboratory, Figment, Original Sin, Original Sins, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse

frozilla
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:50:25 PM

crackerjack1 wrote:

You got it exactly (not sure about the confusion). We aren't dumb enough to throw over $2,000 away to get this book. I am smart enough to get the book for $350 while someone else throws their money away. Laughing

EDIT: Mind you I also have all of the Amazing Spider-Man #666 Covers too. I collect all Spider-Man books!!!

Don't they (Marvel) know that only the mega-places are going to order enough to get the 1 variant? Isn't that a case of making the rich richer? I thought that their discount was the 'reward' for buying so many books.

Yeah, one would think there was some special extra character info inside variants, with the prices they charge for some of them Silly

You have all the #666 covers? Wasn't that specialized for each comic store they were sold to? Isn't that like 100s if not thousands of covers?

crackerjack1
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:17:53 PM

frozilla wrote:
You have all the #666 covers? Wasn't that specialized for each comic store they were sold to? Isn't that like 100s if not thousands of covers?

It was 144 covers in total. It was fun getting them all and contacting all of the different stores. Some were much harder to get than others. Mostly the foreign ones (Japan and Scotland were the toughest).

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

Mini Series

frozilla
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:30:22 PM

crackerjack1 wrote:
frozilla wrote:

It was 144 covers in total. It was fun getting them all and contacting all of the different stores. Some were much harder to get than others. Mostly the foreign ones (Japan and Scotland were the toughest).

Oof, not as many as I originally thought but still.. I guess if you've gone that far, then $350 ain't that big of a deal Applause

Sephritoth
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:34:05 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I am still impressed that you got it for 350. The store that is selling it to you must not know what they have or they have so much money they can sell those that cheap.
comicfan17blue
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:35:32 AM

Just saw a seller on eBay doing preorders.

$34.99+sh for 5 covers
$349.99 shipped for six covers includeds 1:200
$324.99 shipped for 1:200 only
$1999.99 shipped for 1:700 only
$2399.99 shipped for all seven covers.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:08:13 PM

man... Dan Slott may have messed up already

ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:17:10 PM

So I wonder if Marvel will now pull a DC ( referring to Armegeddon 2001) and do a last second switch?

sgriffin
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:05:39 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
man... Dan Slott may have messed up already

I thought they already said he wasn't the guy in the costume? Though if he is - hoo boy! I've been waiting for someone to bring him back for real (I *loved* PAD's series). And a nice time-travel story would be in Slott's wheelhouse, Dr Who fan that he is.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:24:22 PM

yeah i've been a big fan of him as well. im getting excited to see how this done.

comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:24:39 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

crackerjack1 wrote:
frozilla wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

*scratches head*

yet

*eyebrow raised*

Oh man. I remember when you were doing that. That's some collecting fun!